Fix Error: Failure in Updating and Converting Company Files to Sage 50 2018
With every passing year, the small as well as medium or well established business houses are steadily switching over to Sage software for their accounting related tasks. It has made accounting tasks easier to a large extent. Moreover, the software has a very user friendly interface which makes it easier to understand even for a layman.
Upgradation of software is very important for the optimum use of software. This enhances the features of the software and makes it more beneficial for the users.
Sage accounting software is incorporated with different tools that make business operations easier. The professional services can be enhanced with a timely upgraded software. Nonetheless, every software can have occasional errors and it is up to the user’s understanding whether the user wants to resolve it themselves or get in touch with experts. Let us explore more about one such error.
Reasons Of Failure in Updating and Converting Company Files to Sage 50 2018
- Once the conversion process of company file is complete, it shows ‘Unable to open the company file.’
- In case of conversion of company files to Sage 50 2018 version, an unknown error message pops up depicting that the file cannot be open.
The primary reason for this error can be that indispensable components of Sage 50 might be blocked. It might also be possible that the Sage software is not installed properly.
The repair process directly depends on the size of the company data file.
The content of the SAJ folder needs to be verified.
- The SAJ folder has to be located.
- Then the SAJ folder needs to be opened. Then check if there are any backups (CAB files) .
- The CABs need to be removed.
- Check if there are no duplicate files
- In case duplicate files are found, remove it.
Another way can be to disable antivirus and firewall including any real time scanner
- The real time scanner needs to be disabled. Then try converting the file.
- The antivirus needs to be diabled. After that try converting the file.
- In case the conversion fails, the firewall also needs to be disabled before trying the conversion again.
- Try opening the sample company if the conversion again fails.
- Try opening the sample company in the new version. It might be possible that the installation of Sage 50 may be incomplete.
- Sage 50 needs to be uninstalled.
- Antivirus and firewall needs to be disabled.
- Then Sage 50 needs to be installed again.
There can be advanced steps and other solutions for resolving this Sage error. The user needs to check minutely and consult experts in order to understand the correct solution. The Sage tech support team of experts at Accounting Advice can also be consulted in order to understand the above steps.
What is Accounting Advice?
For all sorts of Sage 50 technical Support, contact the team at Accounting Advice for immediate resolutions. This Sage customer support team has years of experience in dealing with both technical and functional Sage errors. Moreover, consulting them also means that there will be no harm to the important data files or the system. The user can get in touch with the team at any time of the day or night. The toll free number to talk directly with them is 1844-871-6289.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)