How to Reactivate Sage 50 on Sage 50 Company Data Server?
Are you having trouble reactivating your Sage 50 on the Sage 50 Company Data Server? Sage 50 is a popular accounting software used by small and medium-sized businesses to manage their financial operations. Reactivating Sage 50 on Sage 50 Company Data Server is a simple process that involves reactivating your Sage 50 software on your server using your activation key.
Sage is one of the most sought-after accounting software that is used by small-scale businesses and freelancers to keep track of their finances. This is a fine software program that enables small businesses to keep track of their expenses and income in multiple currencies. Also, it enables businesses to track their inventory and manage invoices. The software is best suitable for micro businesses and small-time businesses to maintain their finances. However, there are a few specific attributes to the working of Sage. How to Reactivate Sage 50 on Sage 50 Company Data Server? Let us find out more
What is the Cause of the Error
There are Several Reasons for this error to occur, some are as below:
- The program is not able to get activated on the server.
- The Pervasive database engine is not able to run as a service.
- The permissions have been set incorrectly
- The incorrect data path
- The Damaged Pervasive database engine
- Options.Dat is hidden
- There are lost files in the data path
- Wrong serial number.
Read More-: Unable to Install or Activate Sage 50
Steps to Reactivate Sage 50 on Sage 50 Company Data Server
There are times when you might face a message as such:
“The activation key for Sage 50 is invalid or could not be read. Please start Sage 50 on the Sage 50 company data server to reactivate”.
When you do, it is time to reactivate the Sage 50 and to do so, one has to find the Sage activation key file location. Here are the steps involved in doing so:
Step 1: To Activate the Program on the Server
- Go to the Sage Server
- Click on Run
- This will enable the Sage to Activate.
- Now check if the ‘error’ message is still received.
- This should solve the error, if not go to the next step
Step 2: To Utilize the Actian/Pervasive on the Server
To do so, you start by Quitting and reopening the Actian/Pervasive on the server. This is done by the following steps:
- Start by closing Sage 50 on all the connected systems
- Navigate to the ‘Task Manager’.
- Go to the Details section
- Search for “w3dbsmgr.exe.”
Note: if using Windows 7, this will be named the ‘Process’ tab.
- Now, navigate over to the ‘Process’
- Click on End Task
- Go to the Service Section at the top of the screen
- Use classify by name and search for “psqlWGE”
- Double click on ‘psqlWGE’, followed by clicking on ‘Start’.
- Now, ‘Reboot’ the system to host the data.
- Next, Configure your “Pervasive Database Engine” to run it as a system service.
Step 3: To Verify Permission
- Go to the Share folder and double-click on it
- Go to the Properties and move to the Sharing tab.
- Now click on Advanced Sharing and select the ‘Shared Folder’ box.
- Click on Permission and select Add.
- Here you enter the” Windows usernames/groups” having Sage 50 access.
- Click select ‘Check Names’ to verify the usernames.
- It is here that you need to assign all the added groups/users Full Control.
- Now click on OK and go to the Advanced Sharing screen.
- Next click on the Security tab.
- Here, you need to ensure Administrators & systems have access.
- Finally, click on OK
Step 4: To Configure Firewall and Antivirus
- Here, you need to enable Sage and ‘Actian’ using the Firewall.
- Next, exclude the application from Antivirus Scan
Step 5: Verification of the Data Path
- Start by verifying if the server and the workstation have the correct path.
- Now locate the Data Path in the server
- Now go to the Shared Folder and double-click on Properties.
- Note down the name of the Share
- Go to each of the workstations.
- Now view the Mapped drive to make sure to mark out the ‘exact Shared folder’
- Here you need to search the data path on every workstation to verify it is pointing to the ‘exact mapped drive’.
Note: If the user needs to activate the QuickBooks registration bypass you will need to provide their details in the current ownership subheading and agree to the terms.
Step 6: In case the Actian/Pervasive is damaged, multiple versions are installed, or the wrong Actian/Pervasive is installed on the server
- For this step, one has to manually uninstall/reinstall Actian (previously called Pervasive)
Step 7: If You Find Missing Files in Data Path
- Start by Running Repairs on the Program
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Now click on Add/Remove Program
- Select the Programs and Features
- Now, go to the Programs list and click on Sage 50 Accounting and click on Change.
- Click on Repair and the process will start.
Read Also-: Sage Cannot Open Activation Key File
Sage 50 is one of the most sought-after software programs used by various small and large businesses. However the software is not free from errors, and one needs to activate it. In case you need the assistance of any kind, be free to reach out 1800 964 3096 to our team of experts and we will be more than happy to help you out.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
How does one change the Sage Activation key?
Follow the below steps to change the Activation Key:
🔹 Go to the Main Computer or Server
🔹 Lunch the Sage 50
🔹 Click Help > Sage 50 Activation > Licensing > Subscription Options.
🔹 Now click on OK after selecting Change your current version
🔹 Enter your New Serial Number and next click on the OK button.
🔹 This will cause the Sage to close and open on its own. In case it doesn’t you need to then you need to manually close the Sage 50 and open it again.
🔹 Select ‘Help’ and ‘About Sage 50 Accounting’
🔹 Now this will display the new serial number.
Where does one Find the Sage 50 Key Code or the Sage Serial Number and Activation Key?
This can be done for free. After you have purchased the Sage software, you will receive a confirmation email on your email ID along with your serial number and activation key. Use this process to help you to perform the Sage serial number lookup process.
What is meant by Sage Data Service Manager?
The Sage data service manager can be installed on any system that can access the Sage 50 Cloud Accounts Data and operates on the Computer or the server where the data can be stored. This helps enhance efficiency by regulating the data, and read/write access, to increase data security and avoid unauthorized access.
How to Reactivate the Sage 50?
To reactivate the Sage 50, one needs to:
🔹 Go to the Help menu and click on the Sage 50 Activation option
🔹 Click on Activate online now option.
🔹 In case it is your first time using the software, then you will be asked to fill out a brief form before you reactivate Sage 50.