Sage 50 Release Overviews (2012-2023)
Sage 50 is one of the most trusted accounts and finance websites that has been designed to allow small and mid-sized businesses the ease of various ‘book-keeping’ and more attributes. The brand continues to renew itself by offering some of the best in financial solutions every year. With us well into the year 2023, it is high time to take a look at some of the latest additions and attributes in Sage 50. So, let us take a look at the Sage 50 Release Overviews 2012-2023. One of the best parts about the Sage 50 is that it offers an auto-renewing Sage care business plan that comes along with the purchase of the product. With some of the most robust accounting and business management tools along with automatically delivered software updates, improvised support and great service. Before we get into what’s new, here are a few aspects of the Sage 50 that remain stand-alone and require separate purchasing:
- Sage Fixed Assets
- UPS Shipping integration
As for Sage 50, the Business Intelligence will not be available after September 30, 2021. As for the Support for Sage Intelligence Reporting for Sage 50 US, it will be stopped after September 30, 2022.
What’s New in Sage 50
Here are some of the improvements that are included in Sage 50:
- E-File via Aatrix: E-filing is an available option in the current version. Hence, one can easily access Aatrix from within Sage 50 and also electronically file 1099/96 tax forms without having to leave the application.
- 1099 Forms: Sage continues to stay in sync with the latest laws when it comes to providing the appropriate solutions at the right times. To comply with the latest modifications, all the users with active plans can now ‘view’ the 1099/1096 tax filings via Aatrix.
- The Windows 11 Compatibility: The best part about the latest version of Sage 50 Accounting – US edition 2023.0 is that you can either install it in the existing system or upgrade it. This is of great help, as the need to protect your data and also minimize the downtime, as security is of high importance most times.
- ActianZen v15.1 Database: to be able to support and maintain the efficiency of the organization it is recommended to update the Sage 50 database to ActianZen 15.1 the sooner the better. With this dependable and low-maintenance data management solution the users can expect a good amount of improvement both in performance and stability. Also, you might want to bear in mind that the previous versions of the Action Zen database engine are not supported and are also outdated, which increases the risk and also interfere with normal operations.
- You might also require a service subscription with access to electronic filing.
- The user will also require a service package with Aatrix with access to 1099 and 1096 tax forms.
- The Sage 50 Help and Support: Now, one can easily access the Sage 50 Help function in the browser in a search engine-friendly manner according to your preference. Also, saving your desired articles for future reference, and disseminating the knowledge through the social sharing tools can be of great benefit. If you require support immediately, you can make the most of the option offered during the process of installing itself when you can add a shortcut to help the resources on your desktop. Also, you will not need to second-guess your location any longer.
- The New Logo, Program Icon, and Colors: The current Sage 50 programmer has also been updated, the Sage logo has been revived into an all-new green colour. Also to keep up with the brand’s emphasis on the factor of clarity, insight, and colour schemes it also puts a strong emphasis on Vivid Green, White and Black.
- Field Help Has a New Look: Now, you can make the most out of the collapsible search field to clarify the tasks in your Sage 50 solution. Now you can slide the new ‘Field Assistance’ that is open in various windows to check out the simplified version of every field’s example and definition.
Read More-: Sage Pro ERP Manual
The Sage US Version 2022.0
Four different products are included in Sage 50 2022 accounting software for business which includes: Sage 50 Pro Accounting, Sage 50 Premium Accounting, Sage 50 Quantum Accounting and Sage 50C-the subscription with Cloud access.
What’s New in the Sage version 2022.0
Improved Banking Service Experience- Cloud and Traditional: This current improvement allows the users a better connection experience to the bank account. There are direct connections, which are also referred to as Bank feeds, that allow you to get the bank transactions and also to reconcile the accounts, without you having to upload and download the transaction files, as this is quite a time-consuming activity. With the updated version, now users can be able to easily establish a better and more stable connection. To be able to swiftly download the bank transactions, the new users can enjoy a streamlined experience when adding the banks. Hence, the new customers should switch over to the new service to make the most of the update. As for the existing customers, they will receive step-by-step assistance for a smooth transfer to the new services.
- The Support for the State Paid Family and Medical Leave Cloud and Traditional: This is a part of the all-new COVID-19 support initiative. In this feature the federal government has launched a temporary paid family leave program in 2020. The program falls under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. This is to assist with the expenditure linked to the present and potential medical difficulties, as some states have imposed. Their own permanent ‘Paid Family Leave Programs’. These states include Washington, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York. Other states need to be added further in this feature.
- With the New Technology that Sage has created for this Release; it allows for the new withholding that has to be included with the other taxes that are withheld. To be able to support the state-specific family leave withholding, the fields can be expanded. This allows us to integrate more states in the future along with the current states. The users can select a Family Leave state during the Payroll Setup Wizard to populate the new family leave withholdings fields, both for the employer and the employee, hence creating a process of a new and convenient business setup. The process will place the new Sage-maintained payroll formulas to determine the amount of exact withholding for every state.
- To Know When the User is Offline, and to Continue Performing the Job Cloud: Starting the previous year almost all the users have faced this issue. We are referring to the internet disconnecting suddenly and you are in the middle of a collaborative project. To help you with this, Sage has included a brand new feature to the update to help you with this. With the help of this new feature, the issue will be displayed and also the suggestion will be provided for this. This includes instructions on how to resolve the problem in case the internet fails. Now, it is easy to access the company files offline in read-only mode if the problem is connected to a Sage service outage and a ‘patch’ is not available immediately. With this, one also has options to open the firm for editing in case you require immediate assistance.
Sage 50 US Edition 2021.1
The Sage 50 2021 edition comprises various new and powerful financial and accounting tools to further simplify the workflow and improve data analysis.
Improvements for Sage 50 Release 2021.1
- The Sage Security Shield: This is a complete company monitoring product that allows the customers the business ID theft and Cyber protection. This brand new function comprises Sage 50 Cloud and helps small and medium-sized businesses by offering them protection to safeguard the company identities and to keep an eye on their credit. Also, this included restoring the services in case when any incidents have been discovered.
- The Pay Type Expansion: This update allows the user to create an infinite number of Pay Types for both salaried and hourly employees. With the addition of Pay Types, the business will also benefit from the COVID-19 Families First Coronavirus Response Act-FFDCA, reimbursement. To enable the tracking of this data, so that it can be found and included in the employers’ Form 941 quarterly filings, the instructions are provided on how to use the extra three pay type fields. However, the user can create an infinite number of pay types, where every pay period or cheque can contain a maximum of 20 different pay types for the employees.
Note: As and when you add payroll amounts, how the salary pay types are displayed on the paychecks has been changed. In this case the ‘Use Default’ check box for a pay type that you wish to see when you are making the paychecks needs to be unchecked or the pay types that have been set up for the employees need to contain an amount. To ensure that the pay types are displayed effectively it is recommended that an evaluation of every employee who has set up a salary type in the Payroll Entry window is conducted. In case the pay types do not appear you are advised to pick the Pay Info option from the Maintain Employees/Sales Reps Windows.
- The Government Compliance: With the help of Form 941 Reporting and FFCRA, one can easily extract the amounts that need to be paid for the Sick and Family leave that is permitted by the FFRCA and include them on the quarterly form 941 filing to assist you with the financial reporting. If you select Form 941 from under the Payroll Tax forms within the Report & Forms module, you will receive a pop-up that will ask you if any of the employees have taken paid sick or family and medical leave that is defined by the FFRCA will appear. If you select ‘YES’, you will be required to select the titles of PAY LEVELS for sick and Family leave.
Sage 50 Edition 2021.0
This is yet another update of download Sage 50 2021 edition that comprises various enhancements, which we are going to discuss below:
The Improvement for Sage 50 2021.0
- Enhanced Security with Gmail: Now one can enjoy seamless integration with Gmail after the upgrade to comply with Google’s new security requirements. Once one of the customers uses Gmail as their email client, Sage ensures that they adhere to the high security and compliance standards.
- Sage Drive is now Remote Data Access: With the latest upgrade also comes easy access to the company’s data from any location where the installation of Sage 50 has occurred. For you to be able to have a nice smooth run in your business, any ambiguity related to the Sage is cleared up. Now, with the help of remote data access, one can easily stay productive either at home or on the go. You can work together on your books either with a co-worker or your CPA. Also, it has been advised to avoid any data loss by saving in USB or other risky transfer services.
- The Sage ID: Now you can easily use the single login connection to your bank to connect all the services as required. This also includes acquiring remote data, sharing the company’s information or adding consumer payment alternatives can all be made with a simple Sage ID login. One can securely access various connected services like Remote data access, Bank Feeds, and Invoice payments, with the help of your Sage ID instead of having to enter your email address and password every time you need to utilize the connected services.
- To Memorize Purchase Invoice: Now one can make the most of the memorized transactions that have been created for invoices and bills for various purchases. So, what is a memorized transaction? Well to start with this has been designed to greatly bring down the time consumption and also lessen the data entry job as thy include Purchase invoices, as well. One can easily store common transactions to be used again
- New Mouseover Text for Fields Offer Extra information: One can easily check out all the details by simply hovering the mouse over the ‘Items and Jobs’ field in the transaction windows to check the complete item or Job ID along with any Assemblies/Phase and Cost Codes that are connected to the Job ID or the item. With the help of this useful feature, you can easily view the details about the item or the job without having to open every transaction by simply hovering over the field’s item or Job ID.
- Ship to Name for Customer Lists: The ‘Ship to name’ is now available within the Customer Management tab for Sales invoices, Sales orders, Quotes, Item Sales History by Customer, and Proposals. Now, it is all the more convenient to filter out group invoices, quotations, orders, or proposals by Ship to Name when available.
- Auto-Entry: Now items like costs, invoices, bills, receipts, and bank statements, do not require manual data entry any longer, making this all the more simple for small-time business owners, accountants and bookkeepers. With this feature, it is easy to perform the following Improving data accuracy when collecting all the line items that also comprise unit price, quantity and description. The time spent on data entry jobs has been greatly decreased with the help of the automated manual data input, thus, minimizing unpleasant deadlines and more. Also, the auto-entry assists more than 3000 accountants in being able to serve 150000 firms.
Sage 50 US Edition 2020
The release of Sage 50 US edition 2020 has been mainly to be able to deliver client input. This has been made possible with the positive input of the various comments, suggestions, and the various demands for changes by the customers and the other business owners for Sage 50. Here is what the all-new Sage 50 looks like:
- The address field for Maintenance records for clients, Employees and Vendors has been expanded for longer addresses to be able to accept more characters. This has increased from 30 to 50.
- The Deposit Ticket ID box has also been revived to make room for up to 20 characters.
- The item Type field for Inventory items has also been enlarged to accommodate more characters for up to 20 from the previous 8!
- All-new special fields ‘Special 3,4,5’ have also been added to the Withholding Info tab in the Maintain Employees & Sales Reps section of the response to the introduction of Paid Family Leave regulations and also other additional employees withholding the taxes in various states for certain business types.
- The user can now also select from different contact when they need to email a certain customer other than the regular primary/bill-to-contact. The other forms that are also covered are sales orders, quotes, sales invoices, proposals, credit memos, change orders and receipts.
- There is also available a ‘Notes Field’ within the Maintain Vendors area which mirrors the layout of the Maintain Customers Area that also comprises Notes fields of many years.
- Notification for IPM box: The ‘Top Navigation’ comprises the all-new ‘Bell’ indication on the Dashboard that displays the active messages which have not been read or dismissed for messages that the users have not dismissed in the carousel. Also to watch out for is the Sage Message Center which displays the active messages with either read or unread status. This can be opened by clicking on the ‘bell icon’.
Sage 50 US Edition 2019
The main highlight of the Sage 50 US edition 2019 is that it features updates and enhancements including the integration between the Sage CRM and Sage 50 Account. This goes a long way in being able to run the company more efficiently. This edition of Sage also comprises features for the users of the Sage 50 Cloud and Sage 50 Perpetual Traditional Business Care Plans.
Following are the Updates in this Edition
- Expanded Sales Order Drop-Down Menu and Totals in Quotes and Purchase List Views
- Now the ‘Sales Order Drop-Down Menu’ has been further widened to correspond to the size of the Invoice Number field. Also included are the monetary totals in the quotes and the Purchases list views.
.NET Framework 4.7.1 Updates
This version of Sage comprises the use of .NET Framework 4.7.1 which is already present on most operating systems, with the help of regular Windows updates. The .NET Framework 4.7.1 will also be installed even if the update is not present as and when the installation is taking place. Here are some of the major benefits of the update:
- Better reliability and performance
- Security Upgrades
- Can also Adhere to the latest native TLS security protocol specifications.
- User Security Updates-both Sage 50 Cloud and Traditional
There are also available quite a few solutions available in Sage 50 that have been designed to preserve data security and also to prevent users from engaging in various fraud activities. The Sage 50s revised current security options in the installer are streamlined to reduce the frequency of User Account Control-UAC message prompts when still providing the control that is required with other numerous users. There are certain operations as well that need administrator-level rights, also an ordinary user will require administrator-level credentials.
Additional Enhancements- Traditional and Sage 50 Cloud
- Sage Payroll Sync-SPR: This update allows improvements for the big sync operations stability along with the other changes to the latest Azure Security compliance standards.
- Microsoft Office 365 Integration Maintenance: This particular update comprises improvements for performance and dependability.
- Sage Payment Cloud Maintenance: This upgrade is related to the further enhancement of performance and dependability.
Sage and PayPal have collaborated to offer users the Sage 50s latest features. This comprises Invoice payments as well. The use of PayPal for invoice payments has grown all the easier, more practical and simple to accept payment from clients. Now, the clients can also make use of the Pay Now button to pay using a credit or debit card if you have emailed them the invoice that comprises the options. This way the online payments are smoothly and securely handled to transfer the funds to the required bank accounts
The Sage 50 CRM Integration
The Sage CRM is a communications system that is perfect for businesses that require streamlined processes between different departments. This is also of great help for providing the financial information to the staff that interact with the customers. Thus, the latest update of Sage 50 comprises the ability to create orders through the Sage CRM interface that are transmitted to the Sage Accounting System.
The integration between Sage 50 and Sage CRM was created by Dan Cousins & Associates Inc. The link between the Sage 50 and the Sage CRM is a one-way deal and ‘Read-Only. Also Sage 50 updates the Sage CRM once every day. The various features include:
- Comparison of the current year-to-date sales to previous year-to-date sales.
- Displays the date of the latest invoice.
- The list of the order and invoice history
- For the earlier orders and invoices the user can view the line item details
Apart from the features stated above the integration also allows the users to link various Sage 50 firms to a single company record in Sage CRM.
Sage 50 US Edition 2018
The Sage 50 US edition 2018 has been engineered to ensure that productivity is increased and that aid in data analysis is ensured. Hence, if you need to increase and improve the earning of the company you need to adopt this version of Sage 50, as it is more accurate and efficient.
Let us take a look at some of the main features of this version:
- Invoicing Payments With Stripe
Now it is possible to include a ‘Pay Now’ link along with your invoice emails. The latest news is that Sage has teamed up with Stripe to offer customers a quick and simple option to collect debit and credit card payments. This way the customers do not have to spend a lot of time chasing down the overdue payments and also the reconciliation of the accounts with the help of our connection. Along with the Stripe setup the entire process takes far less time than before, under 5 minutes to be precise.
- Sage Business Cloud Payments
With the help of the Sage Business Cloud payment, now it is easier to manage the payments straightforwardly and to make them quick and simple. The option between point-of-sale and invoices has been offered to the customers, mainly because of Sage’s partnership with three reputed payment processors.
- The PayPal Partnership: Coming Soon
By early April or late March, the partnership between PayPal and Sage will solidify.
- New Brand Name for Sage Payment Solutions: Paya
The ‘all-new Paya’ team has about 20 years of experience in the business of payments and has also been tested in the market. With Paya being integrated with Sage, now it is possible to enjoy the familiar payment processor.
- Sage Drive+ Office 365 Compatibility
This feature will help the customers to synchronize data from Sage 50 Cloud to Office 365 without having to turn-Off Sage Drive.
- Windows 10 Stability Improvements
The current version of Sage 2018.2 release of Sage 50 US edition helps fix the issues with Sage 50 US Edition suffering an unexpected Shutdown due to the change in the Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
Sage 50 Cloud Intelligence with Improvements
The current modifications consist of brand-new designs that are simple to use and also enable the users to structure reports to suit their specific business requirements. This includes the ability to export the reports to PDF, the capacity to easily create Management Pack to meet the requirements of the users and the ability to improve the calculator features.
Sage Pegg- For Sage 50 Cloud Only
The Sage 50 cloud has unveiled a brand new messaging ‘Bot’ named ‘Pegg’ to help clients make their professional lives much better. Now using various chat apps like FaceBook Messenger, Skype, and Sage Pegg, will allow the users more mobility to be able to manage contacts, analyze invoices, to check credit information for the account while they are on the go.
This is a smartphone program, that allows the user to scan documents that include invoices, receipts and other paper works, including sending photos to Microsoft OneDrive. This way the business transactions can be much quicker and easy to record in Sage 50 Cloud. Also, the documents can be easily and electronically filed in OneDrive from any location.
Sage 50 US Edition 2017
The Sage 50 US Edition 2017 has been officially released on July 12, 2016. This version allows the customers quite a few benefits as some are discussed below:
The Latest Features
There are four exclusive features of Sage 50 US edition 2017, these include:
- Sage One Mobile invoicing with enhancements
- Application Sage contact for Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
- Enhanced Office 365 Cloud Backup
- Improved Sage One Mobile Invoicing- exclusive to Sage 50 C subscription
This version marked the introduction of online billing with the help of the interaction with Sage One. There have been three key enhancements with the help of online and mobile invoicing, these are
Automatic Uploading of Sage 50 Sales Taxes
- The Service items and inventory from Sage 50 can be transferred to Sage One instantly
- Automatic upload of Sales taxes from Sage One
- Immediate download of receipts into Sage 50 from clients that use the click-to-pay features
Sage Contact App for Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
- Sage 50 C Subscription Exclusive
The contact information will automatically sync with your Sage 50 and Office 365 for vendors and customers with the help of the Office 365 connection wizard this requires 365 Business Premium. The Sage Contact app allows the users to view the latest five invoices and receipts/payments that are made within 90 days in addition to the basic contact information. Any changes to contact information made in the Sage Contact App will automatically sync with the data in Sage C. Additionally, one can also manually start the sync, and you can also schedule it to occur every 4, 12 or 24 hours.
- Click-To-Pay Invoicing-Available to All Sage 50 and Sage 50c Customers only
The users can now include the link to an invoice when they need to email it to the customer if they are using Sage Payment Solutions to manage the debit/Credit cards or the electronic checks-ACH payments. The users can now enter their debit/credit card number or bank account details on the secure online page that can be accessed via the link. The cash can then be downloaded into the Sage 50 as a cash receipt transaction, also known as ‘Receive Money’.
An Improved Office 365 Cloud Backup- Sage 50 C Subscription exclusive
This is yet another feature that has been added to the 2017.1 version which has been upgraded. This way the Office 365 Cloud Backup can now function without requiring the user to run Sage 50 as an Admin. These enhancements have been made to assist large-scale businesses. Also, the email interface has been revived.
The Sage 50 US Edition 2016
The 2016 version of Sage offers at-a-glance dashboards and management centers along with budget and analytical tools. This is to assist the users in being able to make sure-footed decisions. This new edition also comprises Sage Payment Center, Credit Card Processing, and Sage Mobile apps. One can also create custom reports, compare the various budgets, and also consolidate the financial information from various companies, for a better business understanding.
The Sage 50 Accounting 2016 Service Release 1
- The compatibility of Sage 50 with Windows 10: The Sage 50-US edition release 1 is compatible with Windows 10 and has been certified for the same. It is also compatible with Sage 50.
- Payment Center Dashboard: One will need to visit the Payment Center dashboard to apply for Sage Payment Solutions merchant account and to securely process the debit and credit cards included in the program.
- The Service Navigation Center: This feature offers quick access to the list of available add-on services with just a single click:
- Credit card processing
- Sage Mobile Sales
- Payroll solutions
- Checks and Forms
Sage 50 US Edition 2015
This is an important update as it comprises a more enhanced user interface, can also schedule automatic backups, and can be accessible to remote users as well. This also comprises enhanced data quantities that Sage 50 can store.
Some of the prime features of this version are:
- Easy Order to Invoice conversion: Now, one can get paid quickly by cutting down the time taken to invoice. This way the sales order can now be used directly to create an invoice. Also, you can be sure to not forget anything as the entire process is accomplished smoothly and within a short time. This way you can easily obtain the stock based on purchase order faster and more accurately. This purchase order can then be used to receive items immediately and every transaction can help you save time.
- One-Click Support Chat: Now, you need not have to wait for long hours if you have a query. This is because you can get in touch with the tech-support executive instantly with just a single click. The best part is that the entire process does not require the user to have an ID or password, as one click starts the discussion immediately. Also, the user will receive a transcript of the entire discussion which can be used to review later if and when required.
- Customizable Lists: The new update also offers a Custom date range that can be picked by the users and the total lists are provided to offer better functionality and flexibility. Also, one can get the details directly from the list.
- Powerful Maintenance Record: One can now enjoy various features, that include maintaining the Vendor tab, quick purchase order, recording a purchase, or recording a vendor payment. One can also create a new job from the Maintain Customers Screen by selecting the Quote, Invoice or Sales order or Receipt. One can also copy data from the other related record, update it and also add new information. One can easily set up new clients, suppliers and inventory items.
- Personalized Text on Emails: One can now create unique messages using the new tab on the Customer default screen. Now you can select the customer and transaction and simply click on Send once ready, and the transaction is complete.
- Expanded Add Attachments: With the help of this feature, one can now add important files and data to more records including purchase orders, sales orders and quotations. This works with files of any size and type and you can also have a record of every transaction directly within your software.
- Streamlined Payment Processing: Now, one can offer customers more payment options in a simple way. Be it if they want to pay at work or online or in-person. Now, connecting Sage 50 with Sage Payment Solutions is simple, with this streamlined application. This way time is saved, revenues grow, and the credit card data is well-protected.
- Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting Enhancements: With the simple right-click menus the usability and performance are better enhanced. Also included are better ribbons and background displays and quicker access to the features most often used. Not to forget that Intelligence Reporting is more potent than ever.
Sage 50 US Edition 2014
This version of the Sage 50 US edition has been launched to allow users to manage the growth of their organization expertly. This takes shape with the help of serialized inventory, inventory tracking warranty claims, recall, and job modification orders to let you monitor profitability.
Some of the Prime Features Included are:
- Streamlined Accounts Payable: Now you can make the most of the reduced screens and processes that are needed to complete the purchases and payments. The ‘Purchase/Receive Inventory’ panel allows quick access to reports, data and other important dates that are easily displayed along with various alternatives for paying the invoices.
- Quote Status List: The Quote status list, in this version of Sage 50, displays the current status without the user needing to open each quote. Now, directly from the quote list itself, the user can check the open quotes before the expiry date, hence easily identifying those quotes that have resulted in sales, along with the guarantee that the prices are accurate and consistent.
- Accounts Receivable Enhancements: Now, it is simpler to mark unpaid clients’ invoices as paid. With this tool, you can accomplish getting paid for unpaid invoices a lot more quickly and also offers access to all data that you might need.
- More Efficient Invoicing: The invoicing improvements in this version allow the users to access pertinent client data or reports that are required as in the case of clients with early warnings with credit concerns. Once the user selects a customer, various details like due dates, payment dates, and credit status messages are also displayed.
- Easy Start-Up with Sage Advisor: Now you can get running quickly with the help of both SAge Advisor Launchpad and Sage Advisor Messages. Also, it is easy to grasp crucial features like dashboards and Reports with the help of these tools.
Sage 50 US Edition 2013
This version of Sage 50 US Edition comprises all the features that are required by a growing organization or a start-up. Now, one can pay their bills and also get paid with the help of this simple feature. Not just that, but you also have access to manage staff and control the cash flow. The other aspects also comprise automated checks, invoices, keeping track of customer payments, monitoring sales and much more. With the help of Sage Business Care, which is an auto-renew package that offers to upgrade automatically, access to customer assistance, installation support, online training, customizable reporting, and much more, that are included within the Sage 50 Support. The best part about this version of Sage is that one can be sure to achieve a lot more every day, hence saving more time and making more money.
The Key Features:
Some of the prime features of the Sage 50 includes:
- Sage 50 Intelligence Reporting: Now one can make use of comprehensive reporting and analyzing solutions, also known as the Sage 50 Intelligence reporting. More robust personalized reporting and easier access to data are also allowed with the help of the traditional Excel Interface.
- Management Center Enhancements: The transaction list comprises the ‘Automatic column totalling’ that is used to adjust the number of lines that are displayed. This makes it all the more easier for the users to discover various things within the list when filtering. The other user-friendly improvements include a better enhanced ‘My Dashboard’ and ‘Management Centers’.
- Copy Transactions: Now, it is all the more easier to generate new transactions quickly, instead of having to do the same manually. This is based on the previously stored data and to make changes as required. Other aspects also comprise accessible quotes, general journal entries, sales orders, and purchase orders.
- Vendor Management Center: Now, you can gain access to all the data that you need regarding a specific provider with the help of a single customisable dashboard.
- System Check: One can also increase and improve their sense of security and also avoid downtime or lost productivity by utilizing the early warning and monitoring tool to help the user to spot a potential issue in an application. Also, you can obtain guidance on how to best deal with them.
- Sage Advisor: Now, it is all the easier to know a lot more about a certain Sage product and also discovers new methods to streamline the process. This is done with the help of the Sage Advisor’s customisable Dashboards, interesting ‘teach me how’ videos, on-screen guidance, and various other business tools.
- Easier Network Installation: Now, it is simpler to establish various workstation installs simultaneously. This significantly cuts down on the innumerable stages with the help of a more effective installation option for the multi-user version.
- Workflow Automation: The relevant work must be sent to the right person at the right time; this can be easily done with the help of the ‘default Assignment’ for all the transactions’ status. Now, one can easily view and check the transaction tracking notes through the Customer Management Center.
- Expandable Payroll Fields: With the addition of more and more fields on both the employee and the employer firm payroll records makes it possible to record extra benefits, liabilities and deductions. This goes a long way in assisting your company to have compliance with various regulations like those that are imposed by the Health Care Act of 2010.
- New Dashboard Modules: Eleven new dashboard modules have been added to ‘My Dashboard’. These include the likes of General Journal Entries, Inventory Adjustments, Assemblies, Payroll, Purchases Received, Item Purchase History by Vendor, and Top Vendor, to enable more employees to be able to perform better and more effectively.
- Better Assemblies Reporting: With this current feature, one can easily utilize the configurable modules that are present on the inventory and Services Management Center that provide complete details for a certain assembly item to be able to handle assemblies innovatively. The current systems comprise the Security controls, offer precise control over the modules and they also follow them.
- Set Up Advisor: Vendor, Customer, Employee, Inventory, and the other records, and are docked on the side of the retractable panel. Description, Instructions, and links are automatically displayed as and when the fields on one of the screens have been selected by the user. Every user can switch it ON or Off.
- Change of Order Processing: Now one can keep all the information at one location and the process of manual tracking is not required. The features of the Change orders include recording when accepted when applied to transactions, any modifications that have been applied to the predicted end Date and also the retention of all the relevant notes.
Sage 50 – 2012, US Edition
This version of the Sage 50 is perfect for small to mid-sized businesses. The platform comprises various new features like Management Features, Inventory Functionality, Reporting Options, and Connected Services, that are required for the ever-growing needs. This version of Sage grows along with the growth of the company as well. This version also allows the users to a variety of services, training and other support options. Not just that, but the e-marketing options help the organization to grow and offer small and upcoming businesses assistance in the complicated field of online marketing.
- Comprises of multiple Inventory Valuation methods
- Reporting options
- E-marketing features
- Efficient procedure-targeting messages
- Upgrade to Sage 50 Quantum
- Comprises of Single Location Inventory
- Does not support Multi-Currency
- Does not support MAC
Basic System Functionality
The Sage 50, 2012 UD edition comprises the sidebar with function areas: Business Status, Customers & Sales, Vendors & Payable, Inventory & Services, Employees & Payroll, Banking, and System
These undergo a change that reflects on the screen to display the tasks for that particular area. There are also various shortcuts, where the icons are available for various lists, recently used Reports, and also ADD-ons that are available from the software publisher.
Core Accounting Capabilities
This version of Sage comprises a Payroll function where three options are available: Simple Payroll which comprises payroll tax form and tax table. One can also select the payroll adds to e-filing to the offering. The manageable Payroll is also comparable to including payroll services, support Certified payroll and also offers web-based solutions and access.
This version of Sage 50 comprises Inventory and Purchasing. The Inventory valuation comprises: LIFO, FIFO, Average Costs, and serialized inventory, however, it lacks multi-location capabilities. With the help of this feature, the user can build assemblies, UPS integration and also track packages.
The Management Features
Now, up to eight selected images can be displayed on the Dashboard by the users. This version has an efficient Reporting feature along with built-in Customizable Reports that can be exported over to Excel, or saved as PDFs, to be e-mailed from the software, and support of the strong crystal reports. Crystal Reports is also supported by Sage which is included in Sage 50 Premium and Quantum versions.
Integration, Import and Export
The import/export feature of the Sage 50, US edition 2012 supports the data transfer that utilizes the CSV files for the purpose. The interface is quite simple and crisp with the files including various additional documentation. The E-marketing feature supports External Integration to help the users with templates and to get started with the marketing activities. Sage 50 also integrates with the UPS. What’s missing as of yet, is the accounts transfer feature, nevertheless, the accountants can enter the adjustments via remote access.
The software comprises a built-in Support feature that is far better than the other software packages. The Help menu allows the user to ‘Set Up Guide with the help of the wizard to complete the process. User manuals ‘Show me how’ that offer video links on the Sage website, customer support links, and Sage website. Along with the options on the Help menu, Sage also comprises the built-in ‘Sage Advisor technology’ that sends messages to the users that are not using the features enough, or not using the most effective methods. Also, the messages can be saved for future viewing, or also not shown again and again as per the user’s wishes.
- Sage Business Care: This is an annual plan upgrade that is included within the product for 1 year. The sage performs various usability studies, with the users and also maintains an efficient database where the user
- Sage Advisor Technology: This feature sends messages to clients who are not using the relevant or efficient methods of resolving problems. Also, the messages can be saved for later usage or also set up for not showing the messages over and over again, as per the needs of the user.
This is all we have folks; all about the Sage 50 Release Overviews 2012-2023. As we can observe the remarkable timeline where the various updates regarding the various versions of Sage. However, if you still have doubts regarding the same, you can easily reach out to our experts at +18009643096, drop a mail at [email protected] or join our exciting chat at www.accountingadvice.co
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
What are the Add-On Products that cease to Function after the obsolescence Date?
The add-on products include after the obsolescence:
🔹 Tax Update
🔹 Direct Deposits
🔹 Program updates
🔹 Sage Drive/Remote Data Access
🔹 Credit Card Processing
🔹 Invoice Payments with Stripe, Paya or Paypal
🔹 Bank Feeds
🔹 Tax form updates
What are the Latest in Sage 2023?
As in the latest version of Sage 2023 the 1099 Vendor Taxpayer ID/Social Security Number is now ‘concealed’ in the data entry task. Also, the print is masked on the Vendor listing along with balances and Vendor Mailing labels are included.
When was Sage 50 Released?
It was in the year 2013, that the Peachtree was brought under the Sage 50 banner.
Sage 50 accounting is a business solution software which was previously known as Peachtree Accounti...
Sage 100 Payroll 2.20 comes with significant enhancements and improvements. Several changes have bee...
There is a problem with Sage that is causing it to return a pervasive status code 46. This error me...
Sage 50 US accounting software is available with the new features and technologies, although after d...