Upgrade from Sage 50 Older Version to Sage 50 2020
An official announcement has been made by the company about the launch of Sage 50 2020 that it’s going to be released in the mid of 2019. Sage 50 Cloud and Sage 50 Timeslip also holds the same announcement. So, before downloading and installing the upgrade, it’s better you go for the features first and see how the new version of Sage 50 – 2020 is going to help you simplify your business processes.
- Now, maintain your employees and sales representatives. 3,4 and 5 specials are used in withholding tabs. The withholding info tabs include employee withholding and family leaves.
- The maintenance record holds customers, employees and vendors which get linked with the address field. The character length, previously, was 30. It has now been increased to 50 characters.
- For an invoice that you want to mail to the customer, simply open the contact list and click on the one you want to select. This is a completely different process from that of the primary contact. The mails cover Proposals, Sales orders and invoices, Receipts and Invoices and Credit Memo.
- The character size of the item type field is of 20 characters. It was previously of 8 characters.
Method #1: Check updates after opening the software:
Open the Help Menu and check which product update or upgrade is available:
- For a system already having an upgraded version, “You are up-to-date” message will appear.
- For an available update, a message response will appear “Upgrade is available.” All you need to know is to download and install the upgrade. Install the upgrade once the download is ready. Select Install Now button.
- Click on the install button. Now, wait for the installation process to finish. Meanwhile, follow all the on-screen instructions that come-up on the screen.
- Once the installation process completes successfully, select the finish button. Don’t tick the check-box. The Sage 50 2020 will open automatically.
- A Sage splash screen will open that will show what all are upgraded to the new version.
Method #2: Manually upgrade the software
Check the download folder for software. If its there or not:
- Select the start button and then click on My Computer.
- Here is the directory path you need to follow: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download
- If you are unable to follow the right path, move to the next path.
- If you are still not able to see the file, some issue must be there with the file to move to the network.
- Now, run the .exe file.
- Follow all the instructions of the installation wizard as displayed on the screen.
Accountingadvice – You’re complete technical support solution
To know more, call us on our Sage 50 Support Number +1-844-871-6289 or you can connect with us via our Official Email Address email@example.com. We are also available through Sage Live Chat Support. Connect with us at any point in time.
Our advanced Sage technical support structure is available all the time to provide you with complete support and technical structure so that you don’t have to face issue while downloading, installing the upgrade or update or at the time of working in the software.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)