Sage January 2019 Payroll Update
SAGE 50 has already announced the tax updates for Sage 2019. It includes new modifications including state, local, and federal tax changes. The users need to go through the updates to apply the new changes. Whenever the update is available you would get a notification regarding the tax alert. The below write-up will help you to get the awareness of all the new tax changes you need to apply in Sage 2019.
Sage January 2019 Payroll Update
Federal Tax Changes
- Federal Income Tax Withholding: Changed in the 2019 allowance amount & withholding tax tables.
- Social Security Wage Base: Increased in the 2019 social security wage base.
Local and State Tax Changes include
- Alaska Employee State Unemployment Tax: Increased in the 2019 wage base.
- California State Disability Insurance: Increased in the 2019 wage limit.
- California State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables.
- Hawaii Temporary Disability Insurance: Increased in the 2019 wage limit.
- Iowa State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables and standard deduction amounts.
- Kentucky State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 standard deduction amount.
- Maine State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables and standard deduction amounts.
- Maryland State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 standard deduction amount.
- New Jersey State Disability Insurance, Family Leave Insurance, and Unemployment Insurance: Changed in the 2019 taxable wage base and rates.
- New York Paid Family Leave: there is a change in the Weekly wage base limit & rate for 2019.
- New York State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables.
- New York Yonkers Local Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables.
- North Carolina State Income: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables and standard deduction amount.
- Ohio State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 multiplier rate income.
- Oregon State Employer Tax – Tri-Met & Lane Districts: Changed in the 2019 rates.
- Rhode Island State Disability Insurance: Increased in the 2019 wage base.
- Rhode Island State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables.
- South Carolina State Income Tax: Changed in the 2019 withholding tables.
Changed in Payroll Tax Forms
To get this update, simply click on the State and Federal foam and then click NEXT.
If an update is available, the next window to display will give you an option to update the forms automatically. It is recommended to take all the forms updates.
Ensuring Your Tax Update has been Applied
Follow the steps below to ensure your tax update has been applied to the latest Sage 2019 Tax Update:
- Open to Sage 50 Company.
- Click on Help option and click on About Sage 50 Accounting.
- Verify Installed Tax Update release number is of the latest tax update- The tax update number is 20190101 for 2019 release.
Accountingadvice Tech Support
That’s all about the Sage 2019 tax update release! After covering the important aspects of tax update release in the above article, if you are still in a doubt then without having any second thought give a ring. Sage 50 helpdesk number are there for you to ask any questions related to the Sage. Explore additional information from the professional team via Sage 50 live chat or over the phone. You can also connect with them by dropping an email and ask your requirements. The team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Q. How to check the tax update is applied?
☄ Firstly open your Sage 50 Company file
☄ Locate the Help option and then click on About Sage 50 Accounting
☄ Now check the installed Tax update version number
Q. What is the status of the payroll tax forms in tax updates?
☄ From Feb 2019 the payroll tax forms gets updated in the payroll tax form selector window. To get an update, follow the steps:
☄ Choose a Federal or State form
☄ Hit on Next button
☄ If there available an update it will display a window with an option to proceed with an automatic form update.
Q. How can I download the Sage 50 tax updates?
☄ First of all open the Sage 50 company file.
☄ Choose Help option.
☄ Click on About Sage 50 Accounting.
☄ Match the installed tax update version number.
☄ It does not match then you have to choose the services.
☄ Hit on the check for updates.
☄ Click on Check Now button.
☄ In case of multiple updates, you have to choose the desired update.
☄ After this hit on the Download option.
☄ Once you complete the download then you have to close the Sage 50.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)