How to fix Sage 50 Error 1101?
Sage 50 is the #1 rated accounting software for small business. It allows you to take control of your finances with the reliability of desktop accounting software and the flexibility of the cloud. However, being the best accounting software, it also experiences errors and error code 1101 is one among them. This error usually arises when there is an issue with the registration of MSIEXEC. It displays an error message stating: Sage 50 Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in primary filegroup. Don’t worry! You can easily get rid of the error with the help of below instructed solutions in a limited timeframe.
What is Sage 50 Error 1101?
It is a common issue that usually occurs on your PC when it collapses the active window program. Sage 50 Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in primary filegroup message pops up when you are trying to install latest Sage software or while Microsoft Office related software is not functioning. In simple words, this error occurs at Windows startup, installation, or shutdown of the operating system.
Why does Sage 50 error 1101 occur?
Before you jump to the resolution steps, make sure you are aware of the reasons which are causing this error in Sage 50 software. So, below are few listed reasons due to which you may found this error on your system:
- .NET Framework program installation or download is corrupted or incomplete.
- .NET Framework-related applications may be installed or uninstalled.
- The.NET Framework or system window files, as well as related application files, have been destroyed or corrupted by a virus or malware infection.
- .NET Framework-related files were accidentally deleted.
How to fix Sage 50 Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in primary filegroup?
Once you know the actual cause of the error then you can proceed with troubleshooting methods. Here are few effective methods that help you in easy resolutions:
Troubleshooting method 1: Amend the Registry entries related to Error 1101:
- First, go to the Windows Start button
- Next, enter “command” in the appear search box and then hit Enter key from your console
- Now, press the keys Ctrl + Shift together along with Enter key using your keyboard
- After that, an agreement dialog box appears on your screen
- And you have to click the “Yes” button to proceed further
- Once done then type “regedit” and hit Enter
- Go to the File menu and select the Export tab
- Choose the folder where you backup file of .NET Framework will be saved
- Type the name of backup girl from the box of File Name for example, “.NET Framework Backup”
- From the Export Range box, click the selected branch
- At last, click on the Save button.
Troubleshooting method 2: Disk Cleanup (Windows Vista 7, 8, 10, XP) (cleanmgr):
- Initially, click the Windows Start menu
- Next, type “command” in the open search bar and make sure that you do not hit the Enter key
- After that, press simultaneously Ctrl + Shift keys along with Enter key
- A permission dialog box pops up on your screen and you have say “Yes” to it
- Now, move to the black box and then type “cleanmgr” followed with Enter key
- After done with that, you have to click on the “Disk Cleanup”
- Finally, put a checkmark on the categories which you want to cleanup followed by the Ok tab.
Troubleshooting method 3: Confirm that Windows updates for Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista:
- Firstly, go to the Windows Start menu
- A search box will open and type “Update” and press the Enter key
- After that a System Update dialog box will pop up
- Finally, choose the Install Updates and then hit the Ok button.
Hope, you are now able to fix Sage 50 Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in primary filegroup with the help of above suggested troubleshooting methods. If you are still facing difficulty even after implementing all the methods discussed-above then you need to get in touch with Sage Professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What are 3 important or basic prerequisite things that you need to check to fix Sage 50 Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for the database because of insufficient disk space in the primary filegroup?
Ans: Yes, it is suggested you to check 3 things before you move to any troubleshooting:
➤ System Requirements: It includes processor speed, screen resolutions, Microsoft .NET Framework, Operating System and Server, RAM, Integration Microsoft Office, and the Internet Connection.
➤ Windows Update: You can do Windows updates either manually or automatically. In the manual process, you have to check for it on the regular basis and in automatic, the system lets you know about the available update once you turn on the automatic alert tab and then the system will update the update accordingly.
➤ The last but not the least is the Administrator Access.
Q2: How do I enable Administrator access if it is hidden in Sage?
Ans: First, open the Run Window and type cmd and then press the Enter key. A Command prompt window appears and then types the net user administrator/active: yes. After that, hit the Enter key. Type the Exit and hit the Enter button once again. The Administrator account is visible to you when you log in to your system.
Q3: What is the different Windows error messages associated with an installation of Sage software?
Ans: The following is a list of some of the most popular Windows error messages associated with Sage program installation:
➤ Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in primary filegroup
➤ Error 1304: Error writing to Verify that you have access to that directory
➤ Error 1308: Source file not found
➤ Error 1324: The folder path contains an invalid character
➤ Error 1325: is not a valid short filename
➤ Error 1327: Invalid Drive: (drive letter)
➤ Error 1334: The file cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file
➤ Error 1335: The cabinet File ‘Data1.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used, and more.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)