Sage Error: “Codebase Error #: -200 (Or Codebase Error #: 83805”)
Sage integrates Matrix to provide a wide range of tax forms and turns the most time-consuming tasks into a simple one by allowing users to complete over 250 state & federal reports automatically, review, edit, and e-file them; thereby eliminating the need to create them manually.
However, while preparing reports or printing a form, Sage 50 may prompt an error – CODEBASE ERROR #: -200
What is Sage Error: “Codebase Error #: -200 (Or Codebase Error #: 83805”)
The error occurs while using Enhanced Tax Reporting using Aatrix (software that provides the widest range of tax form ) and throws an error stating Sage 50 Data File Database Corruption Detected or “Codebase Error #: -200 or Codebase Error #: 83805″ to be more precise. And further states that the File is not a data file database corruption detected in Dat.bdf”
This could also be triggered when antivirus software is scrutinizing the data files and disabling it will allow the processing to run smoothly.
Resolving SAGE ERROR: “CODEBASE ERROR #: -200 (OR CODEBASE ERROR #: 83805”)
Section I: Replacing the History folder
- Search for the valid backup that was taken prior to the last tax form processing
- Now Rename the backup file and add .zip as the extension.
- Rename the Histories folder to Old Histories in your individual company
- Open this newly renamed .zip file > Copy the Histories directory to the individual company folder > Now start the Tax Form Selector and work with the forms
- Start the tax form selector and process your forms.
Section II: Disabling the Antivirus
- If the above procedure doesn’t rectify the error, then try disabling the Antivirus This is with special reference to Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security ver. 7.0 or Total Defense Antivirus & Security
- To verify if it’s the antivirus that is preventing the software from opening try opening the form in “Selective Startup or Safe mode with Networking”
- If Safe mode with Networking or Selective Startup runs it, then allow the files through the firewall and antivirus
- There are many files that need to be allowed including
For more on how to allow these files through – call AccountingAdvice for help
Section III: Configure Trend Micro
If you are using TrendMicro protection for i-cloud security then allow it and include it in the exception list
- Right-click the Trend Micro Icon and open the Main console
- Select the PC Mobile tab
- Go to PC & Internet Security > Select Exception Lists
- Select Programs and Folders > Add > Browse
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Peach\FormViewer
- Select these 3 files – aatrixforms.exe, updater2.exe, and the viewer.exe files
- Again select Add > Browse.
- Navigate to C:\Users\(Windows users profile)\AppData\Local > select Aatrix Software folder and check the box to the left of the new exception > Apply > OK.
- Check if you can open the Payroll Tax forms with the Trend Micro Security enabled now
Contact Sage Support AccountingAdvice Team Anytime
Manage your business with uninterrupted functioning of Sage and get the right help you need from AccountingAdvice.
We are one of the most reputed independent Sage 50 support providers offering services to a complete range of Sage suite and our consulting is open 24*7 through the year. We provide Sage consulting, Sage data conversion, integration of various 3rd party applications, and complete Sage related services.
For complex, most commonly occurring errors, we attempt to facilitate our users with our knowledge base troubleshooting articles. However, if you are still grappling with the SAGE: “CODEBASE ERROR #: -200 we are here to help. Just call us on our toll-free number for instant solutions and quick resolution on xxx- xxx- xxxx.
With AccountingAdvice, There’s No Wait For A Definitive Solution!
Countless users confide in us to get their Sage running error-free by getting timely support to resolve issues with Sage.
Our experts have the right tool and ample experience in identifying and resolving the most stubborn errors; be it functional, configurationally, server or data related and offer support to all the versions of Sage like Enterprise, Accounting, Financials, People, Payroll, Payment and Banking solutions.
Call us on our toll-free numbers +1-844-871-6289 24*7*365. Alternatively, you can also write to us with the detailed query on our email – firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our advisers will contact you with the right resolution.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)