Sage 50 Error: “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”
Error 3006 keeping you bugged up? Is your PC crashing frequently or are you unable to work on your Sage 50 Accounting software because your Windows are running sluggish or because your computer is periodically freezing for a few seconds at a time? Well, if you are facing any of the above mentioned problems, chances are that your Sage 50 Accounting software has encountered “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”.
“File System Error 3006 in [file name]” is one of the most common Sage 50 runtime errors that can hamper the performance of your Sage Accounting software and requires quick and expert troubleshooting. The error messages can appear during a program installation, while a Sage-related program is running, during the installation of the Windows operating system, or when your Windows are starting up or shutting down. Knowing when and why Error 3006 has occurred is critical for troubleshooting the problem.
Reasons that cause “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”
There are various factors that can lead to Error 3006. These include:
- Incomplete installation of Sage Accounting software.
- A virus or malware infection that has affected Windows files.
- Corrupt Windows registry.
- Loss or accidental removal of Sage 50-related files or folders.
It is important to troubleshoot each of the possible causes to ensure that the problem has been fixed perfectly and to prevent it from reoccurring.
How to fix Sage 50 Accounting error “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”
Below are some of the ways that you can use to fix Error 3006 on your Sage Accounting software. Some of the troubleshooting steps require comprehensive knowledge of Windows and complete technical expertise. In case you find it difficult to fix the error message on your own, remember expert help is just a call away. Call accountingadvice.co at 18009614623 and our expert technicians can help you fix the issue in no time.
#1: Check and repair all the corrupt registry entries
Before manually repairing the registry entries of your Windows computer, you first need to create a backup of all the files and folders to avoid accidental loss or damage to the data stored on your computer. Also, you must repair the registry of your computer only under expert supervision because incorrectly editing the registry can cause irreversible damage to the operating system and can stop your computer from functioning completely.
Here’s how to create a backup of your registry,
- Go to Start.
- In the search box, type “command”.
- Press CTRL + Shift and hit Enter.
- A permission dialog box will come up on your screen.
- Click Yes.
- A black box with a blinking cursor will open.
- In the box, type “regedit” and press Enter.
- Now, in the Registry Editor, select ‘Error 3006’ related key that you want to back up.
- Go to the File menu and select Export.
- In the ‘Save In’ list, select the folder where you want to save the backup key.
- Type a name for your backup file in the File Name box.
- Click Save.
- The file will be saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your Sage 50 registry entry.
#2: Conduct a thorough malware scan
Chances are that your Sage 50 error “File System Error 3006 in [file name]” could be due to a malware infection. A potential malware infection can damage, infect, or even delete runtime error related files. Run a complete antivirus and malware protection software to see if the issue is being caused due to a malware infection. For this,
- Open your pre-installed Windows scanning and repair software.
- Click ‘Start Scan’ to check your PC for errors.
- Click ‘Next’ and then click ‘Repair Now’ to automatically fix the errors.
- Restart your PC for changes to take effect.
#3: Clean out all the junk files and folders
Over a period of time, our computer gets cluttered with unnecessary files and folders which can cause our system to respond slowly and may also cause file conflicts due to an overloaded hard drive. Thus, it is important to regularly clean these temporary files. For this,
- Go to Start.
- In the search box, type “command”.
- Now press CTRL + Shift together and hit Enter.
- A permission dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Click Yes to proceed further.
- A black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Type “cleanmgr” and press Enter.
- Disk Cleanup process will begin. It will calculate how much occupied disk space you can reclaim.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with series of checkboxes.
- Check the boxes you want to clean and click OK to remove unwanted files and folders and free up some disk space.
- Restart your computer to check if the issue has been successfully resolved.
#4: Restore your computer to the latest system restore point
Another easy way of solving this problem is by manually restoring your computer to the latest system restore point. For this,
- Log in to your computer as Administrator.
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type ‘System Restore’ and press Enter.
- Click System Restore and check “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
- Select the latest System Restore point and click ‘Next’ for confirmation.
- Restart your computer once the restoration process is over to check if the issue has been successfully resolved.
#5: Reindex company file
If you can open your company, but are still facing Error 3006, you need to reindex the file to fix the issue. For this,
- Go to Help.
- Select Customer Support and Service, and then select Integrity Check.
- Now select Backup and enter a backup file name, and click OK.
- Under file test, select Reindex Files.
- Now reindex the file by selecting it from the list on the right.
- Check if the error has been successfully resolved.
#6: Perform a clean Windows installation
This is the final and the most tedious step to resolve Error 3006. Reinstalling windows will erase everything from the hard drive and will give you a fresh system to start with. You must reinstall Windows on your computer under expert technical guidance. Also, to avoid data loss, you must take a back up of all your files, folders, and important documents before beginning the process.
Still not able to resolve the error?
If the above mentioned solutions do not work, you need expert help. Dial our toll free number 18009614623 to get in touch with our certified Sage technicians who can help you resolve all the issues that might be causing Sage 50 error “File System Error 3006 in [file name]”.
We are one of the most sought after Sage 50 tech support providers offering expert solutions for all Sage Accounting software related problems. Our team of certified technicians has years of experience in resolving all kind of issues related to Sage 50 software. We can give you instant solutions for all your technical problems and assure minimum wait time possible. Our technical support engineers are available 24X7, 365 days a year so that you never have to face a bad day at work. So, whether you are facing Error 3006 while using your Sage 50 Accounting software or any other issue, we can be your one stop destination for quick and reliable help. Call our toll free support number 18009614623 today to get the best support experience for your Sage 50 accounting application.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)