How to Fix Sage Error 1920 Service Failed to Start
Sage 50 is one the best accounting software, which was previously known as “Peachtree Accounting”. Sage Group has developed this software for small and mid-sized organizations. It is desktop software with anytime-anywhere cloud access which comes in three Editions i.e. Sage 50 Pro, Sage 50 Premium and Sage 50 Quantum. While installing Sage 50, there are chances that you encounter Sage 50 Error Code 1920.
Sage 50 Error Code 1920 is an installation error which occurs when you are trying to install Sage 50 in your system or server. This error can be followed by other installation errors like Sage 50 Error Code 1923, 1721 and 1722. A dialog box will appear on your screen with the following error message:
Error 1920: “Service Sage AutoUpdate Manager Service unable to Start. Check that you have sufficient privileges to start software system services.”
Error 1920: “Service Sage 50 Accounts Data Service unable to start. Check that you have sufficient privileges to start software system services.”
Error 1920: “Service Sage 50 Control Service unable to start. Check that you have sufficient privileges to start software system services.”
Resolution for Sage Error 1920:
The solutions below will rectify your sage 50 error Code 1920:
Solution I: Service Sage Auto-Update Manager is unable to start.
- Start your computer.
- Log in to the workstation as “Administrator”.
- Press “Windows Key + R” from your keyboard and open “Run” window.
- In the search field, type “%temp%” and click “OK”.
- Temporary Folder window will open, select all the files by pressing “Ctrl + A”.
- Press the “delete” button from keyboard.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen to confirm your action, click “Yes”.
- Disable your Windows firewall and anti-virus while working on this solution.
- From your keyboard, press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” and select “Task Manager” option.
- Select the “Processes” tab from “Task Manager”.
- Click on “End Process” tab and end the entire task which is running in your system.
- Install Sage 50 software in your system.
Solution II: Service Sage Control Service does not start.
- Start your workstation.
- Log in to the workstation as the “Administrator”.
- Disable your firewall.
- Check for Windows updates, if available, download them.
- Install the Sage 50 software.
The solutions suggested in this article are recommended by the Sage experts. If you have any queries regarding the Sage 50 Error Code 1920, you can contact Accounting Advice. They will assist you with all kinds of Sage issues you are facing.
What is Accounting Advice?
The Accounting Advice is a Sage 50 tech support who provides support to millions of users globally. They have an expert team of Sage certified professional who have knowledge in solving all types of Sage issues. These issues can be technical or function, they will come up with the best solution for your problem. To contact them, you just have to call on their toll-free customer support 1844-871-6289. You also have other alternative methods to connect with them i.e. you can write an email to online Email Support or you can resolve your issues via online Chat Support.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)