Sage Error with Address Generic Com Error
When we hear the word Com we straightaway relate it to email address and we are not wrong in doing that. It is wrong and unjust when we are try to email something very urgent using Sage and we get the extremely annoying pop up “unable to send emails”, “ address generic Com error”, “failed to output…” and may be some more. Isn’t this bugging? I am referring to these errors in context to the use of Microsoft Outlook with Sage 50 software. After a lot of pondering over it, it has been claimed that
Possible Reason Behind Address Generic Com Error
- Some of the environmental issues like software that is not compatible or the version which has not been updated
- Report specific problem issue.
Fellow the Steps to Fix the Sage Address Generic Com Error
- Leave everything aside and open Sage report in Report Designer
- You need to select the top level Document object
- Check if there is anything that isn’t a part of the page which you can find in the Edit panel
- Alternately, you can open the report explorer by clicking on View then Report Explorer and then click on the object at the top
- Click on View and then click on Properties in Properties panel
- You need to scroll down a little to find the Email options. After having found that, expand the section
- Now you should click on Email options entry and then click on the button that looks like email settings tab
- You have now reached the Email Settings
- In the Email Settings, change to Outlook if that is available or to MAPI for sending emails using Outlook
- If you are using Gmail and not Outlook, then change to SMTP
- Now on the To and CC section, we need to make necessary changes. Click on the button to send the email address to, under Expression section, click Add and then enter the expression SALES_LEDGER.E_EMAIL without any quotes. Click OK and once again OK
- Now on the Subject line enter what you wish to or
- Send the Report as an attachment with the note “Text that appears in the email”
- Choose how much you would want to send to the recipient
- After the email has been sent, prefer setting. Click Yes to Send emails automatically or Save emails to outbox if using any other email account other than outlook
- Click on OK to save the report
- It is preferable to click on File then click on Save as and overwrite the old one with a new one
- Finally change the default email invoice layout by choosing Settings>Invoice and Order defaults>Email Tab
These steps mentioned above adhered to in order helped me to get rid of those annoying error messages.
Also Read: How to Fix Sage Error Server Busy
Error: “Unable to send all emails”,”Generic COM Error” or “Failed to output…” when trying to send emails – Video Guide
Another Simple Trick that Might Help is Using Control Panel
Go to Control Panel>Default Program. Set the default program you want to use in future and select the email client you want to use too and then finally click Choose Default for this program. Before the steps end, ensure that the box of Send email is checked under MAPI or SMTP for any other client.
Always remember that Sage is accounting software not email software. There might be issues pertaining to the compatibility with the email software you are using. So make sure you check the compatibility and install both Sage and Email Client accordingly.
There is no looking back. Now send all your emails with no error at a go.
So, you see, this error type is quite prevalent when one is using the Microsoft Outlook and you are trying to email the documents from the Sage Accounts or the Sage 50 Payroll. However, now you know that it is quite simple to resolve the error with the help of our offered solutions above. Nevertheless, if you still continue to encounter the same error over and over again, please do visit us at www.accountingadvice.co and you are sure to discover new details about the issue.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Why is the Sage Account not Working?
In case you have antivirus software on your system, you need to check if the software has quarantined any Sage files or folders. If it has, then you need to add those Sage files and folders over to the antivirus exception list. Later either restore the quarantined files from within the antivirus software, or go ahead and reinstall Sage 50 Accounts.
Why can’t I Email from Sage?
For this you need to Check if you have installed all the required updates for Sage 50 Accounts or Sage 50 Payroll. In case you are not using Microsoft Outlook, you need to check if your SMTP settings and webmail password are correct. Now, check if you can log into your email service provider’s webmail account, and that it has not been blocked by the provider.
How to Discover the Error in Sage 50?
WithIn the Sage 50 Accounts, you need to click File then click Maintenance and click Check Data. This will allow the Check Data option to examine the data files in order to detect errors and groups for any issues into the following categories: Errors – you should stop processing until they are solved and do not appear any longer