Fix Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database
In today’s competing time, Sage is praised as one of the best payment solutions available. But all good things are not easy to use, and so is Sage 50. Technology has been driving our lives with comfort and made it very easy as well. Nevertheless, if there is a hurdle like an error or a malfunction, it can be quite a massacre, mainly if the entire work is dependent on the tool.
Today we will discuss the product named Sage 50– Canadian edition. The error code we will discuss is “Sage 50 error connecting to database“. This is received while you are trying to open a company file or a sample company. There are many reasons that this error occurs, and one should have a good insight into the operating system to resolve it.
Reasons for the “Sage 50 Error connecting to database”:
- The folder that Sage 50 connects to has an attribute of Read-Only.
- The file or folder you are trying to connect to is missing.
- The connection manager is being blocked by the Firewall.
- The Log Service of the Windows Event has been disabled.
- There is an issue in the .NET framework.
- The Connection Manager has not started on the server or has not been installed.
- The server has a shared location which has a permission issue.
- The UNC address is being used.
- The Anti-Virus has detected the Connection Manager as a threat and must have redirected it to the quarantine instead of the folder.
Solution for Sage 50 Error connecting to database:
You can restart the Sage 50 Connection manager once again. For this you will need to:-
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- Option named “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager”
- Right click on it and select STOP and then again right click and select START
- Now try to open the company file, it will open.
- If you are unable to stop the services and the error message says that the connection manager could not be stopped then you do not have the administrator rights on the computer.
Check if the SAJ folder is a read only or not:
- You will need to close the Sage 50 tool and browse the company file location and right click the folder with an extension named SAJ.
- Select the Properties option and see if the Read Only option is check boxed or not.
- If yes then clear it and select Ok.
- Now restart the Sage 50 toll and open the company file.
Verify the files and folders can be viewed in the .SAJ folder:
- Browse to open the folder where all the SAJ files have been stored.
- Select the folder and right click on it.
- Select Properties and unchecked all the options in the Hidden box.
- Apply the settings and select OK.
- Now open the folder again and check if all the files and folders that you need are available or not.
You can also reinstall the program again to get all the setting restored to the original one:
- Click the Uninstall Sage 50 option
- Click on the Reinstall Sage 50 option
- Now open the program and check if the file is opening or not.
But before you try out all the above options do make sure that you are a master in understanding your operating system. Al these solutions require an advanced knowledge about your system and the whereabouts of the programs. If you modify your Windows Registry in an incorrect manner then the Operating system can be affected big time. It can affect the other programs and make them stop functioning smoothly. It would be better to do live Sage chat support with Sage professional, if the system functionality is out of your league. That’s no more an error, right?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How many computers can I install Sage 50 on?
Ans. For that, A license must be purchased for each computer on which a Sage 50 product is installed. Sage Accountants Network (SAN) members can buy from 2 to 40 user installations.
Q. Can I install Sage Instant Accounts on two of my computers?
Ans. Each Sage Drive user is allowed to install the software on one other device to facilitate sharing the Sage Accounts data through Sage Drive. You have to install the software on another computer, in the same or a different location, using back up and restore to move the data between the two of your computers.
Q. How do I reset my Sage 50 Account?
Ans. First of all, Go to Settings, then Data Management. Next, select Reset my Data. Now enter the email address you use to sign in to your Sage service, then choose “Delete Data.”
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)