Stop or Start the Pervasive Service in Sage 50
At times, you might require stopping or starting the Pervasive Service in Sage 50 software which requires advance knowledge of the networking. Occasionally you may also need to restart the Sage Service Host services and Pervasive/Action on both Real Estate Accounting Server and the Sage Construction when you encounter an error.
First of all, you can check by restarting the system and see whether the error still continues. If you encounter the Pervasive/Action database engine error on a machine, you can check if all users of that computer have exited Sage Construction, Real Estate, and Sage Estimating software and restart the Pervasive/Action database engine.
If the error still continues, you can also avail excellent support service from our Sage 50 technical support team experts.
Method to Stop or Start the Pervasive Service in Sage
Note: You must always start with rebooting pervasive on the machine or server that hosts the Sage data.
Solution I: Stop and Restart Pervasive from the Task Manager
- Ensure that the Sage is closed on all systems.
- Locate a blank spot on the taskbar, right click and choose the Task Manager (To load the task manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete button simultaneously on your keyboard)
- Go to the Details tab and find exe
- Choose the process and press end task at the end of the process.
- Go to the Services tab at the top, arrange by name, and search for psqlWGE
- Right click on the psqlWGE and click Start
Solution II: Stop and Restart Pervasive from Services menu
Note: The given steps can be performed for Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Press the keys Windows+ R on the keyboard
- Enter MSC, and then select OK
- Right-click Sage 50 SmartPosting and then click Stop
- Right-click the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine, and then click Stop
- Right-click the Sage SmartPosting, and then click Start
- Right-click Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine, and then select Start
Note: An easier version of the Services menu is accessible in the Windows Task Manager on the Services tab. The Sage 50 SmartPosting and Pervasive database service psqlWGE can be started or stopped from the right-click menu.
Solution III: Stop and Restart Pervasive by using a command prompt
- Press the Windows+ R keys
- Enter cmd, and click OK
Note: If User Account Control is facilitated, it is essential to promote rights by right-clicking the Command Prompt from the Start Menu and select Run as administrator.
- Enter sc stop psqlwge and then press Enter
- Enter sc start psqlwge and then press Enter
- Shut down the command prompt
Note: Alternatively, to effectively stop all occurrence of Pervasive, the task kill authority can be used (For instance: taskkill /F /im w3dbsmgr.exe)
Solution V: Pervasive Client engine or Workgroup from Windows Desktop
- Go to Start > click on Settings, and then click on Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Administrative Tools and then click to Services.
- Select the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine in the right pane,
- Click Stop, on the Action
- Click Restart, On the Action menu
Accounting Advice Sage Support Technical Team
Hope you are easily able to Stop or Start the Pervasive Service in Sage without any trouble. However, you can undoubtedly connect with our Sage experts in times of complications or queries. Our enthusiastic Sage technical team is actively available for 24 hours at our Accountingadvice toll-free Sage helpline number 1844-871-6289.
Our Sage tech team experts are knowledgeable with years of experience in dealing with Sage related issues. You can also connect through online Sage chat support at the Accountingadvice official website.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)