Sage 50 Cannot be Started when Pervasive PSQL is not Running
The corporate world, especially small and mid-size organizations or growing start-ups are increasingly using Sage for their important projects related to finance and accounting. The Sage software and its various tools make work quite smooth and faster. Sage 50 has many features that can be understood and used easily by a user from a non-accounting background too. One can learn all about Sage while working on the software.
There can be situations where a user might face doubts or issues while working on the Sage software. Contact the proficient team at Accounting Advice for detailed instructions regarding any Sage related issue. One can contact the Sage 50 tech support via this toll free number . Let’s talk about more about one such Sage related problem.
Sage Error Messages Displayed
This ‘Sage 50 cannot be started’ when Pervasive PSQL is not running or needs to be restarted error can be a result of power failure or while re-starting the computer.
Also, the Event Viewer may show the following messages:
- Source = “Pervasive PSQL“
- General = “Error creating grace period record: -2147024891“.
The program crashes after opening immediately on the server. Program may open on a second attempt.
Reasons of Sage 50 Cannot be Started when Pervasive PSQL is not Running
- On the host computer, Pervasive PSQL is not running.
- Even after re-starting the computer, Pervasive PSQL did not start.
- After installation of a new program update, Pervasive PSQL did not restart.
- Hanging of Pervasive PSQL
- Disabling of Pervasive
- Operating system upgradation
- Pervasive on server was stalled due to crash of work station
- Windows 10 updates can also lead to this error.
Step to Fix Sage 50 Cannot be Started when Pervasive PSQL is not Running
- Setup in a Stand-Alone way
- The computer has to be re-booted. In a stand-alone setup, this might troubleshoot the problem. If not, go to the next step.
- Pervasive PSQL has to be re-started.
- If the user is using Sage 50 on a network, follow the below methods first at the server. Make sure that Sage has been closed on all systems before going forward.
- WINDOWS+R keys has to be pressed
- msc has to be typed in.
- Choose OK.
- Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine has to be right-clicked and choose Restart. (If Restart tab is not there, choose Start).
- Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine has to be double-clicked.
- Recovery tab has to be chosen.
- Choose ‘Restart the Service in the First failure and Second failure’ in the drop down boxes.
- Reset Fail Count has to be set after 1 day.
- Choose OK.
- Check if Sage opens on the server and on the workstation without any issues.
- Check if Windows 10 Updates were Successfully Done
Automatically the services will not be started by rebooting. It will have to start manually. Take help from Sage technical support at Accounting Advice.
The Accounting Advice is an extraordinary tech support team for Sage users. The Sage 50 customer support professionals at Accounting Advice are highly trained and can easily guide you with any kind of issue related to Sage software. The team is available round the clock. You can call on the toll free number or visit their website for progressive help. The team will be glad to help.
Also, there might be instances when the Sage official customer support’s server is not available, you can then also contact the Accounting Advice. It is a third party consultancy which offers guidance regarding any Sage problems. Get in touch via the toll free number or do Live Chat with Our Sage Support team 24×7.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)