How to Delete Transactions on Sage 50?
Sage 50 users need to delete the transactions due to several causes but that’s not much easy to delete from your records such as the reports and list menus. Learn more about “How to delete transactions on Sage 50” to resolve all queries about it. The user has to create the backup file before proceeding to delete all transactions and then perform the complete procedure step-by-step.
Sage is one of the most demanding accounting software across the world but if you hit just one wrong click, it might become a major error for your business accountancy. So, whenever you try to deal with anything, must be sure you gain complete knowledge about that to succeed in the minimum time frame. This blog will help you to delete the transactions on Sage 50. So, you will find more space for all other processing.
Things you need to consider before deleting Transactions in Sage 50:
- Must be sure, that the Sage 50 backup file has been taken
- No work is permitted to work orders in the Sage Batch Controller
- The delivery notes which is visible is the Sage controller has been updated to an invoicing.
Methods for Delete Transactions on Sage 50:
You need to keep in mind following things before any transaction can be deleted in Edit Register:–
- The transaction can only be deleted using Cash Management that is posted in the Cash Management.
- Once you delete the transaction, the original accounting date will be used to make the entry reverse.
- Try to avoid deleting Cleared Transaction or Reconciled Transaction if possible.
- If any transaction is entered with the help of Setup Assistant Process, the transaction is deleted and no reverse entry will be sent to General
- If the bank transfer is deleted, the two sides of the bank transfer will be deleted with the effective bank account.
Delete Entry Management or Cash Management:
- Go to the Task Menu and click on the Edit Register.
- Now, click on the relevant bank account and then select Ok.
- Now, to delete the transaction, find it in the row that matches with the transaction. Click on the transaction to select it.
- You will see the black arrow for that particular transaction. Right-click on it.
- Click on Delete Row and then select yes.
Point to be Noted: If any entry is taken as Bank Transfer, make sure that the other side of the transfer is deleted from the bank account.
- Select Finish and then click on the Start Button and the journal is printed to a printer or a file.
- The reversing entries can be posted in the Cash Management along with General Ledger (Entries, Posts and Tasks)
- Your Bank Balances may need to be deleted once the entries will be deleted.
Thank you for reading this blog, we hope the given information was useful for you to resolve the “How to delete transactions on Sage 50” So, you can run your software without any interruption and reach your business goals as soon as possible. If you are stuck anywhere with any step, no need to worry just connect with Sage’s expertise. The team of Sage expertise clears all queries related to the Sage 50.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I delete the multiple transactions in the Sage 50?
Ans. Firstly, you have to create a backup of your company data. Then, go to the left pane and then choose the “Invoice List or Sales Order” option. Now, you have to view the suppliers’ module. Go to the links pane and hit the click on the “Purchase order” list which you want to delete. After this, Hit the Delete button and give YES information to close the module.
Q. Is it possible to hide the deleted transactions on Sage 50?
Ans. Yes, you can easily hide the deleted transactions in Sage 50 from the reports, activity windows, and lists. First of all, open the settings and click on the “Company Preferences” The next thing you have to do to choose the parameter. After this, you have to choose the “Deleted transactions” checkbox and hit the OK button.
Q. How Can I delete the payment on the account in Sage 50?
Ans. To delete the payment, you have to delete the transactions, you need to log from all other users out of the Sage 50. Go to the navigation bar and click on the “Transactions” option. Then, you have to choose the transaction that you want to delete and hit the Delete button to finish the program.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)