How to Edit Customer Information in Sage 50
For any business that needs to keep track of its customers, Sage 50 is an effective software solution. It offers a straightforward way to manage customer information, including contact details, accounts receivable and more. But what happens when that information needs to be updated or changed? In this blog post, we’ll explore the process of editing customer information in Sage 50 with step-by-step instructions.
Sage 50 is one of the most sought-after accounting software that has been used by people from across the world. Its easy-to-access features and some of the most efficient features make it one of the best-suited software for businesses small and big.
Some of the most Striking Features of the Sage 50 are
- To be able to manage the cash flow
- Invoice through email or mail
- Job/project management
- Essential and standard accounting
- Fixed asset management
- Customer Management Center
- Bill settlement online
- Good inventory and job administration
These features and more make the software one of the most trusted of accounts and finance software. Not just that, one can also make various changes after the creation of the account as and when required. How Do I Edit Customer Information In Sage 50? Well, to start with, this is one of the striking aspects that one can edit the customer details even after the account has been created
To do so, you will need to:
- Go to the home window
- Click on customers & sales from the navigation pane
- Go to the task pane
- Right-click on the customers option
- Click select the modify customer from the menu
- Click select the customer option from the list
- Click on ok
- Go to the address tab
- Here modify the customer details
- Click on save
- Click on close
Likewise there are various ‘edit’ and ‘manage’ features available in the Sage 50 software that allows the users to be able to make the required changes as and when required. Let us discuss some of the most important and interesting ones
Read More-: How to Delete Transactions on Sage 50
To Track the Invoice, Credit Notes and the Payments
To be able to track invoices, payments and credit notes, one needs to:
- Go to the activity tab.
- It is here that the details of the sales invoice, credit notes and the payments for each customer are featured.
- Double click on the row you wish to open and edit.
- According to the current status one can easily edit, delete or print.
- In case of an invoice, one can make payments from here as well
- In order to find the older transactions, one needs to change the dates
- The Default is set to the last calendar month.
- One can use the ‘Type’ drop-down list to search the transactions by type. This includes sales invoices or any other receipts.
- Here change the status from the drop-down list to find the outstanding transactions
- Here you can select the column and sort according to the alphabet or the numeric order.
To Find a particular Transaction
- One can easily sort the list using the column headings
- Go to the search to find the particular transaction you are looking for by reference
To be able to Print or Export the List of Transactions
- One can use the checkboxes to select the required transactions.
- One can also use the check box in the column header to ‘select all’
How to Delete a Supplier or a Customer’s Contact
When working with Sage 50, one has to bear in mind that a customer or a supplier record can only be deleted if and when there is no transaction entered against them. It has been recommended by the experts to make the ‘customer’ or a ‘Supplier’Inactive once they are no longer in use. This is essential to prevent new transactions from being entered for the supplier or the customer.
Why is it tough to Delete a Customer or a Suppliers Record
- Go to the contacts
- Select customers or suppliers
- Click Select the checkbox next to the record you wish to delete
- Go to the action toolbar from the top of the list
- Select the delete option
- Click Yes
- In case you notice a ‘Red’ message at the bottom of the page, you will be unable to delete it
- Hence it is recommended that you make this inactive?
How to Import the Customer Details
In case you wish to import the customer details from someplace where you have it recorded, you will have to export them to the CSV file type ( this is a type of Excel Spreadsheet) that allows the user to import all the details in a single go. Likewise, any new information or contacts can be imported at any time.
To Import from the Mobile
One will need to use a mobile app to able to import the contact information or contacts that have been stored in the phone
- Start by downloading the app
- iPhone users can download from the App Store
- Android users can download from Google Play.
- Launch the Mobile app
- Select contacts from the menu
- Click on the Plus option
- Select the import from phone option
- Select customers
- Go to the list of the contact in the phone
- Select the one that you wish to import
- Once done, you can edit them in the Mobile or the Web app and enter the required details
You may also read-: How to Edit and Delete Transaction on Sage 50
So, you see, Sage 50 is a remarkable software that can be used for a wide variety of edits, and changes, both prior to and after the transactions. It is the ease of use of the software that has made it into such a rage. However, if you have any doubts, it is recommended that you get in touch 1800 964 3096 with our team of experts, who will be more than happy to help you out.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
How do i Edit the Customer Information as Desired
In Sage, you can edit or add customer information as desired. To do this, go to the Customers menu and select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
You can then make changes to the customer information or add new information as needed. Once you’re done, be sure to click the Save button to save your changes.
How to Select Add/Edit Customers
🔹Assuming you’re starting from the dashboard, click “Customers” on the left sidebar. Then, click the blue “Add Customer” button near the top right of the page.
🔹 A lightbox will appear where you can enter in all of the relevant customer information, including name, address, phone number, email, and more. Once you’re finished filling out the form, click “Save.”
🔹 And that’s it! You’ve now successfully added a new customer to your Sage account.
Sage is well designed and well-equipped accounting software specifically inculcated with so many gr...
Sage 50 is an extremely useful program for small, medium, and large-scale businesses. The Sage 50 C...
Out of several important features embedded in Sage 50, the ability to integrate with the MS Excel f...
The rise of the sharing economy has given birth to a new business model: the S-Corp. If you’re unfa...