How to Fix Sage 50 Unable to Register Datasource Error
Sage 50 is one of the most trusted accounting software when it comes to smooth handling of accounting and financial tasks. The software offers easy usable features and interactive dashboard. Once Sage 50 is installed on your computer, unexpectedly an error message crops up with an error message:
“Unable to register datasource” or “Unable to register expression library”
These Sage error messages usually occurs when the users attempts to run reports and Sage 50 program crashes all of a sudden. This consequence ends up with a complex error and restricts the user to work on the software. Sage has recommended solutions for the resolution of the error. Also you can DIY to fix the error by following the resolutions steps suggested to fix the error. It is a manual process or else you can report the error to the Sage technical support team. Prior to that it is essential to identify the actual cause of the error. Knowing the cause of the error helps to fix the error quickly.
Major Causes of Sage 50 Unable to Register Datasource Error
Below listed are the probable causes that the error might happen. Check thoroughly the actual cause of the error occurrence.
- The Sage 50 accounting versions are not correct.
- Installation files are damaged or corrupt.
- The regional settings on your PC are incorrect.
- Windows 10 updates creates problems.
WorkAround Solutions: Unable to Register Datasource
When you encounter the error message: “Unable to register datasource” follow the solutions suggested by Sage.The solutions recommended by Sage for the resolution of the error is mentioned below:
Manual Resolution of the Error:
In case the error is caused due to incorrect version of Sage 50 accounting software follow the below steps to fix the error:
The error message crops up in case the user has recently upgraded the OS of the computer Windows 8, but continuing to run the old version of Sage accounting software. For fixing the issue you have to upgrade your Sage 50 accounting software to the compatible version Windows 8 or Sage 50 Accounts 2013(v19) and above. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Move to Help -> Click on Program Details to create a Program Directory.
- Go to Help once again -> Click Check for Updates.
- Move to Full Program Update -> Click Download Now.
- Click Install Now to begin the installation process.
- Create Backup – prompt window is displayed.
- Click Yes to continue or No in case backup is created.
- Say yes to all the terms and conditions by choosing the check-box and click Next.
- Verify in case the directory path matches mentioned in the first step -> Click upgrade.
- In case it -> Click New Folder and mention the correct folder -> Click Next.
- Choose the desired Sage 50 version you want to install -> Click Yes to begin the installation -> Close once the process is complete.
If the Error Occurs due to Corrupted or Damaged Installation Files
In case you are using the supported version of Sage 50, the error might occur due to damaged installation files. It indicates that your Windows 8 or Windows 10 doesn’t have .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.5 installed as part of the operating system. To identify and resolve the issue follow the steps listed below:
- Move to Control Panel -> click on Programs.
- Click on Programs -> Click on Features.
- Go to Turn Windows features on or off -> then choose .net 3.5 -> Click OK.
- When you are prompted -> Download the required files.
- To check the error has been fixed open Sage Accounts.
When the Error Occurs Incorrect Regional Settings on your PC
When the issue is identified to have happened due to incorrect the regional settings on your computer have been configured incorrectly. For configuring regional language options to English (United Kingdom) follow the listed steps:
- Press Windows + R key at the same time.
- Type ‘cpl’ -> Click OK.
- Regional and Language window will be displayed.
- Move to Format tab -> Click Set Format to English (United Kingdom).
- Click OK -> Go to Location tab.
- Set Current location to United Kingdom -> Click OK to apply changes.
In case the Error Occurs Due to Problems due to Windows 10 Anniversary Updates
At times the error message pops up after the successful installation of Microsoft’s Windows 10 Anniversary update. For fixing the error you need to download and install Sage Accounts. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the given link:http://downloads.sage.co.uk/download/?did=ca1783eb-61e2-4bae-a317-01cb9637de06
- File gets downloaded automatically and you will be notified to open/save the file.
- When prompted to save click on Save on your desktop.
- Click to download the file.
- Press any key when a message is displayed ‘Press any key to exit’.
- Reboot your computer and open Sage Accounts to check that the issue has been fixed or not.
In case the error persists contact the Sage team of experts at Accounting Advice. The agency employs highly experienced and capable Sage experts who provide instant resolution to the errors reported to them in a very short time. Call to the toll free Sage 50 support number 1844-871-6289 and acquire instant support.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)