How to Fix Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error
After installing Sage 50 on your computer, at times you may run into an error message that says “Sage 50 Unable to register data source” or “Sage 50 Unable to register expression library”. Both these error messages primarily mean the same and cause issues when you try to run reports and crashes your Sage 50 accounting software, making it difficult for you to work on Sage 50.
To make the most of your accounting software, you need to first resolve this error message. You can either do it manually by following the steps mentioned below or get in touch with our expert technicians by dialing our Sage 50 technical support number / for expert help.
Causes of Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error
Below are some of the reasons that may lead to “Unable to register datasource” error message on Sage 50:
- Incorrect version of Sage accounting software
- Damaged installation files
- Incorrect regional settings on your computer
- Problems due to Windows 10 Anniversary updates
Resolution for Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error Message
Let’s take a look at each of these issues and ways to solve them manually.
Incorrect version of Sage 50 accounting software
The error message can occur if you have recently upgraded your computer’s operating system to Windows 8, but are still running the old version of Sage accounting software. To fix the issue, you need to upgrade your Sage 50 accounting software to the version that’s compatible with Windows 8, i.e., Sage 50 Accounts 2013(v19) and above. For this,
- Go to Help and click on Program Details to make a note of the Program Directory.
- Again go to Help and click Check for Updates.
- Go to Full Program Update and click Download Now.
- Click Install Now to start the installation process.
- A window will appear prompting you to take a backup. Click Yes to continue or No if your data is already backed up.
- Accept the terms and conditions by selecting the check box and click Next.
- Check if the directory path matches the one noted in Step 1 and click upgrade.
- If it doesn’t, click New Folder and enter the correct folder and click Next.
- Now select the version you want to install and click Yes to begin the installation and Close once the process is complete.
Damaged installation files
If you are using the supported version of Sage 50, the problem could be due to faulty or damaged installation files. This could mean that your Windows 8 or Windows 10 doesn’t have .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.5 installed as part of the operating system. To check and resolve the issue,
- Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Next, go to Turn Windows features on or off and select .net 3.5 and press OK.
- Download the required files when prompted.
- Open Sage Accounts to check if the problem has been fixed.
Incorrect regional settings on your computer
The issue can also occur if the regional settings on your computer have been set incorrectly. To set your regional language options to English (United Kingdom),
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type ‘cpl’and press OK.
- The Regional and Language window will appear.
- Go to Format tab and click Set Format to English (United Kingdom).
- Click OK and now go to Location tab.
- Set Current location to United Kingdom and press OK to apply changes.
Problems due to Windows 10 Anniversary updates
Sometimes, the error message also shows up after installing Mircrosoft’s Windows 10 Anniversary update. To fix the issue, you need to download and install Sage Accounts – Microsoft .Net Update. For this,
- Go to http://downloads.sage.co.uk/download/?did=ca1783eb-61e2-4bae-a317-01cb9637de06
- The file will automatically download or you’ll be prompted to open or save the file.
- Click Save when prompted to save the file on your desktop.
- Now double click the downloaded file.
- Press any key when you see the message ‘Press any key to exit’.
- Now restart your computer and open Sage Accounts to see if the issue has been resolved.
We are a trustworthy tech support company and have provided expert tech support to millions of customer worldwide. With years of experience, rigorous training, and complete technical know-how, our certified technicians are quick in identifying your problems and giving prompt solution in minimum wait time possible. Our technicians are available 24X7, 365 days a year and boast of providing first call resolution to even the trickiest tech problems. We can help you install, update, and upgrade to the latest Sage Accounting software and can troubleshoot all error messages that are affecting the performance of your software. Call us on our toll free number / to get in touch with our Sage experts and stay on top of all your business needs.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)