Sage 50 Cannot Connect to your Sage 50 Company Data Location
While working on Sage 50 software, at times, your software might lose connection leaving a message “Sage 50 cannot connect to your Sage 50 company data location.” This error occurs due to various reasons that may also harm the company file.
Therefore, it’s very essential to maintain a backup file of all the important company files. However, if your system upgraded recently to Windows 10, stop UAC, reboot, registry, and try again. You can also seek technical services from the Accountingadvice Sage experts since sometimes it’s very difficult to fix manually.
Major Causes of Sage 50 Cannot Connect to your Sage 50 Company Data Location
- Mapped network drive disconnected
- Empty Mapped network drive
- Drive not mapped accurately
- Loss of connection to the host machine or server
- Wrong security settings on the host machine or server
- A Different version of software installed on the workstation than on host machine or server
- (DNS) Domain Name Service resolution issues
- Data path folder or folder deleted or moved
Resolution to Solve the Error Message “Sage 50 cannot connect to your company data location”
Solution I: Ensure that Compatibility mode is not being used
- Right-click on the Sage 50 software icon and choose Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Un-check the field ‘Run this software in compatibility mode’
- Click Apply
- Check that your Sage 50 functions without any error
Solution II: Disconnected Network Drive
- Open Computer or My Computer
- Try to open the referenced drive in the error message
- If the drive is not found, re-map it utilizing the same drive letter.
- If the username and password is asked, enter the suitable username and password and confirm the box Remember My Credentials and select OK
- If the drive turns on but found empty, reboot the system
- Continue to the next Solution, if the error still continues
Solution III: (DNS) Domain Name Service resolution issues
- If the software opens instantly after mapping or installing the network drive, either your server or workstation or is rebooted, it is expected that you have an issue with the Domain Name Service in your network
- As a short-term resolution, you can insert a host’s file entry.
- For a permanent and satisfactory solution, contact the Sage experts to resolve Domain Name Service issues.
Solution VII: Data Path folder or Files Deleted or Moved
Note: These steps are only applicable if the encountered error is on a standalone installation or at the server
- Note the path maintained in the error message
- Shut down the Sage 50 software
- Go to Computer
- Browse to the path maintained in the error message
- If any section of the path can’t be created, or if the final folder is empty, reinstall the software
- Locate the Sage 50 software data into the Sage 50 software data path
- Open Sage 50 software and Confirm that the error no longer occurs
Sage Accountingadvice Helpdesk
Hopefully, the step by step solution given above about “Sage 50 cannot connect to your Sage 50 company data location.” proved supportive enough to fix the encountered error. However, you can always clear your doubts or seek support service from certified experts of Accountingadvice. Get inclusive information as per your requirement.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)