How to Fix Sage 50 Log Error
There are times when the Sage 50 Login Error occurs. There are generally some of the common Sage 50 errors like Sage 50 Server Busy error and Sage 50 Cannot be started. So, what are the main causes of the Sage 50 Log error to occur?
- About Sage 50 Log Error
- There May be quite a few reasons that lead to the Sage 50 Login Error
- Steps to Resolve Sage 50 Log Error
- Final Words
- Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Sage 50 is one of the most demanding accounting software which is specially designed for all small and medium scale business. It manages your all business accountancy including accounts payable and receivable, bill payments and cash flow management. Due to heavy load or corrupted files, many errors occur which may lead to stop working of Sage 50. This is what you don’t want in your business.
About Sage 50 Log Error
While working with Sage 50 you receive the error like “User identity is already logged in Sage 50” on your system which means your user faces sage 50 log error which leads to stopping working with your business, it may cause heavy loss.
Read More : Sage 50 Event Log Not Showing Error
There May be quite a few reasons that lead to the Sage 50 Login Error
- The user ID and the password are not functional.
- Improper internet connection and more.
- Unable to restore password.
- The user you entered has already logged in to Sage 50.
- Unable to open the company file.
- A Damaged company file
- The Invalid license.
- Organization username and password have been forgotten.
- DNS settings are incorrect.
- User Account Control (UAC) has been enabled.
- When a third-party app within the same system leads to complications.
- Improper shutdown of the program.
Steps to Resolve Sage 50 Log Error
Here is a detailed look at some of the troubleshooting solutions one can undertake to resolve the Sage 50 installation error log.
Solution 1. To Download the New Windows Update
The first solution that you can follow to deal with the Sage error log is to update the PC’s Windows to the latest available version. This will help in rectifying the compatibility issues and will also make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the Sage 50 software. Moreover, it will also help in being able to fix the unwanted bugs and errors that can cause issues during the login process of the software.
Here are the main steps that one can perform in order to update the PC’s Windows to the latest version:
- Firstly start by, navigating to the search bar located on the taskbar on your system screen.
- Here, you need to type Windows Update within the search bar, and then click on the required options from the list of search results.
- Once done, the Windows update settings will be launched on your PC.
- Finally, click on the Check for Updates option.
- Next, if there are any latest updates available on your system, then the downloading process will be started automatically.
- During the process of downloading, you will be asked to initiate a restart of the PC. This will install the latest updates on your system.
Once the successful download and installation have been done, the new Windows update on your PC. You need to check whether the error log in Sage 50 you were facing has been terminated or not. In case the error still exists, then you need to apply the next solution.
Solution 2. To Shut down Sage 50 Connection Manager Service
Here are the steps that one can follow in order to shut down the Sage 50 connection manager service on your PC:
- Start by shutting all the active programs and windows within your system.
- Next, you need to launch the Windows Task Manager on your PC and select the Process Tab option.
- Go to the list of active programs, click there for the Sage 50 Connection Manager Service, and select it.
- Once done, click on the End Task option.
- This will shut down the service on your system.
Follow the above steps and initiate a deep restart of your system. This will then launch the Sage 50 software within your device to verify if the error has been terminated.
Solution 3. To Verify if the SAJ Folder is in Read-Mode Only
These are the steps that one can follow in order to examine and verify that the SAJ folder is only in the read mode:
- Shut the Sage 50 accounting software within your workstation, and then go to the location where you have saved the company file.
- Next, search here for the folder that has a name that ends with the extension SAJ.
- Next, you need to right-click on the same and select the Properties option.
- Next, you need to verify if the Read Only box has been checkmarked or not.
- If not, then you need to select the box and click on the OK option available.
Next, you need to launch the Sage 50 software and try to log in to your account. If you are still unable to access your account because of the “cannot open database” error in Sage, then you need to go to the next solution.
Solution 4. Disable Firewall and Antivirus Settings
In case some multiple rules and restrictions have been added to the firewall settings, that can create hindrances during the login process of Sage 50 software; in this case, it is advisable to turn off the firewall and antivirus settings within your system.
Below are the instructions that you can follow in order to get the task done:
- Firstly, navigate to the Windows Start menu and go to the PC Settings.
- Next, click on the Update & Security option and select the Windows Security option.
- Once done, select the Virus and Threat Protection option.
- Next, you need to click on the Manage Settings option and then turn off Real-Time Protection Settings.
Also Read : How to Fix Sage 50 Login Error
In this guide, we have highlighted four different tried and tested methods to help you resolve the Sage 50 error log. We hope that the above-listed steps will help you fix the error. If you are still stuck with the error, then we advise you to get in touch with the Sage 50 Technical Support team. Experts from the support team are well-trained to handle unwanted errors and will provide you with personalized guidance to resolve the error.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How can a User Fix the Errors occurring in Sage 50?
To do so:
1. To start an automatic repair of your data
2. You need to click Run Repair.
Note: In case you are using Remote Data Access in Sage 50 Accounts v27, the repair must be run at the main site.
3. To back up the data, you need to click OK and then click OK.
4. In case the errors are repaired, the Success window will be displayed
Where is the Error Log located in Sage 50?
To review the error log, perform the following:
1. Go to the Windows Start
2. Next, click on the Programs menu
3. Now select the Windows Explorer option.
4. Next, locate and open the folder where your company data is located.
5. Finally, Double-click the file DATALOG
Why am I Not able to Log on to Sage?
In case you are unable to log in to the Sage HR website, it can be due to any one of the following reasons:
1. The access from your welcome email has not been set up.
2. You are using an email address that does not match your record.
3. Incorrect password has been entered