Sage 50 Unable to Open Company File
When using Sage 50, users face many errors at the end of the conversion process or open the company file. Among those, Sage 50, unable to open company file error, is the most frequent one. This issue mainly occurs during the conversion process and interrupts it. The below article will explore the troubleshooting guide to fix Sage 50 unable to open the company file.
Primary Causes of Sage 50 Unable to Open Company File
- Locked files
- Antivirus might become a barrier across the data process files.
- Corrupted files
- Outdated Sage 50 version
- Network issue
- Conversion process block with real-time scanning
- Incomplete Windows OS
- When the network is set to Public
Things need before Proceeding with troubleshooting Sage 50 Unable to Open Company File
- When you are converting data from 2017.x and earlier to 2018.x and advanced; verify the minimum requirements of Sage 50 2018:
- Windows 7 and advanced version
- Server 2008 R2 and latest
- Server 2008 R2 is different from Server 2008 SP2
- The minimum requirements of 2018 have been modified, and they are not similar to 2017.x and its earlier version.
- You need to disable all VPNs
- Make sure that real-time antivirus scanning is paused or stopped.
- Check the sample company does not open; here are the steps:
- If you have installed Malwarebytes, uninstall it and then re-install it.
- Now check the sample company file opens.
- If you have installed a paid version of AVG, locate the AVG tab in Third-party software, antivirus, and firewall errors associated with Sage 50.
Steps for Resolve Sage 50 Unable to Open Company File
Here is the list of resolutions to fix Sage 50 unable to open company file:
Resolution 1- Incorrect Icon:
Here are the steps:
- Check whether you are using the right application icon.
- If you are accessing the program through the taskbar, you will require to un-pin and pin the new version.
Resolution 2- Run the program with admin mode:
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Firstly close the Sage 50
- Give a right-click on the Sage 50 icon.
- Now choose Run as Administrator mode.
- After this, open the Company File.
- Now move the content to a new location on the hard drive and then click on add permissions.
- You have to copy the .SAJ folder and the. SAI files to the C drive
- Now Add Everyone in the user permission settings.
- Ensure that there is no hidden content in the .SAJ folder
- Re-open the data file
Resolution 3- Check MySqld.exe file is locked in Task Manager:
- Ensure you are in-network coverage and all the users are signed out
- Locate Task Manager on the Server
- Now check you have chosen the show process from all users.
- Discover below the processes option to end all the Mysqld.exe process
- Once closed, all processes now re-try to open the company files on all the workstations.
- Check whether Mysqld.exe is locked. Here are steps you need to follow in the Task Manager window:
- Ensure that Sage 50 is closed and you open Task manager
- Check whether the Show process from all users is placed checkmark; if found, then end all the processes.
Resolution 4- Check the corrupted files:
- Firstly restore the damaged files from backup.
- In case you do not have created a backup and still need to open the company file, then it is recommended to take Assistance from experienced aspirants to repair the data.
Resolution 5- Solve the missing files or hidden file error:
- Now open the location of the Sage 50company file.
- Discover the .SAJ folder and then check the required files and folders
Resolution 6- Check you have an updated version of Sage 50:
- Firstly download the latest updates.
- Install the update manually on the system. It would be located in the following path DIR: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download.
Resolution 7- Verify the network connectivity:
- Check you have access to the drive to locate the data files.
- If you are executing the files across the network and does not need to access the mapped network drive or you have wrong mapping or have lost connection
- You can contact the IT team to solve the issue.
Resolution 8- Check you have a private network connection:
- Locate the network connection icon
- Do a right-click on it.
- Choose the network & sharing option.
- Ensure that the network displays private/work/domain/home and not public
- If it displays public, then switch towards private.
Resolution 9- Check File is on Remote Data Access or Sage Drive:
Re-download the file from the Remote Data Access. Here are the steps:
- Locate the Welcome screen
- Click on Connect to a shared company.
- Choose the checkbox named appropriate company.
- Hit on the Connect button
Still, confused? Take the Assistance from the experts:
Here the write-up regarding fixing Sage 50 unable to open company file completes! If you doubt the above or face any other type of difficulty in the same or other components or errors, then give a ring. There is a toll-free Sage 50 technical support phone number , just dial the number and talk to the professional over the phone. I assure you will get the best assistance and get a resolution in one go. If you face any queries while implementing methods you need instant help, you can use a Sage 50 live chat support option. Meanwhile, you can drop an email with questions!
When trying to install Sage 50, you may run into an installation error that reads like “1935 cannot...
It is a very frustrating situation when you are unable to access something you require it. When you...
With time, Sage 50 Quantum Cloud Hosting has come up as a very popular accounting software that mak...
While working with Sage are you also stuck due to Sage pastel Error code 20? Most of the Sage users...
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)