How to Fix Sage Error accessing file when opening Sage Accounts
Sage 50 is amazing accounting software for all types of accounting tasks related to the mid-size, small as well as growing startups. It has up to date functions which are decided according to the needs of the industry. It helps in organizing the work and streamlining it in a better manner.
Inspite of the fact that Sage is a one stop solution for all tasks related to accounting, there may be circumstances where the user might face errors like Error accessing file on the specified data path. Let us discuss more about it.
Causes of Error accessing file when opening Sage
In case Sage cannot locate the Accdata folder in that particular data path. It could come up with messages like the system cannot find the path specified, failure in logon, username is unknown or inaccurate password.
Resolution of Sage Error accessing file when opening Sage Accounts
The Company Needs to be Verified
In case it is not a new company, then the user needs to click on Next.
In case it is a new company then, follow these steps:
- The company file needs to be located and then click on Delete. Then the software needs to be open again.
- In case the problem has not been rectified, in that case the user should try to uninstall and reinstall it to a new directory.
The Specific Data Path Needs to be Checked
In case the error still persists, then the user needs to click on Next and check that path.
- For this, the user needs to go to Start and click on Computer. Then the drive letter needs to be right clicked. Then check on Properties.
- Data needs to be stored locally
- In case the error occurs, the data needs to be stored locally.
- The Company file needs to be double clicked and Open with Notepad.
- The path needs to be modified by going to File, then Save, then again go to File. Then go to Exit.
- If the user can’t resolve the error by following the above steps or to know other advanced steps and solutions, get in touch with Accounting Advice team. This Sage customer support team will be glad in offering instant assistance.
What is Accounting Advice?
This Sage tech support team has a group of Sage trained executives who can help you resolve the ‘Error accessing file on the specified data path’ in the fastest and most accurate way possible. The team is available round the year at any time convenient to the user. They will provide intricate steps to resolve any kind of Sage error.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)