Sage 50 Cannot be Started Receive Access Denied to Sage 50 INI file
Sage 50 accounting software is customized with remarkable features and functionalities that help small businesses to grow by leaps and bounds. However, there are cases when Sage starts troubling the users with certain technical errors and issues that lead further to the freezing of Sage software. Suddenly, the Sage accounting software fails to start leaving an error message: “Sage 50 cannot be started“.
When the user encounters this kind of error with his Sage 50, the system can be restarted and you have to ask for additional information. If you still encounter the error, contact with Accountingadvice Sage helpdesk experts who are readily available 24×7 to provide support services.
Causes of Sage 50 Cannot be Started Receive Access Denied to Sage 50 INI file
- Disconnected Network drive
- No or Low space offered on a network drive
- Running the software without administration rights
- Incorrect sharing security/permissions on the shared folder
- The Server cannot ping workstation or Workstation cannot ping the server
- Different versions installed on workstation and server
- Damaged or Missing files in the directory of the data path
- (UAC) User Account Control is turned on at server or workstation
- Copied the entire organization folder from a backup copy file with older versions
Resolutions of Sage 50 Cannot be Started Receive Access Denied to Sage 50 INI file
Method I: Try editing the file in a different location
- Bring the INI file to the window desktop
- Make the required changes and save them
- If the error continues, proceed to method II.
Method II: Modify permissions on the Peachtree240.ini file
- Browse to C:\ Common Files/Program Files (X86)\Peach
- Right-click ON the Peachtree240.ini file and choose Properties
- Choose the Security tab, and then choose Advanced
- Click the Owner tab, and then choose Edit
- In the Change Owner box, choose the username , and click Apply
- Click OK on the displayed message, and on each screen click OK to close them
- Choose Change Permissions
- Select Users [users/computer name], and then select Edit
- Give Users [users/computer name] Full Control, and select OK
- Repeat the steps 11-12 for Administrators and SYSTEM
- On each screen, Click OK to close them
- Verify the Sage 50 software and proceed to next if errors still occur.
Method III: Verify DNS settings
- Press WINDOWS KEY + R at the server, to display the Run command
- Enter cmd, and click OK
- Enter ipconfig, and then press ENTER
- Remember the IPv4 Address
- Enter the Hostname, and then press ENTER
- Remember the computer name and Go to the workstation
- Repeat Steps 1-6
- Enter ping and press ENTER
- Ensure that the workstation gets a response from the server’s noted IP address
- Repeat Steps 9 and 10 by going back to the server and use the workstation’s computer name
- If the ping sends a dissimilar IP address than the noted one with ipconfig, please contact the technical team experts.
- Until the DNS is solved, you can add a Hosts file on the erring system.
- If the error encounter, proceed to the next step
Solution IV: Uninstall Sage 50 Accounting Software
- Browse to (C:\ Common Files/Program Files (X86)
- Rename to PeachOld from the Peach folder
- Reinstall Sage 50 Accounting software
Accountingadvice Sage Technical Support Team
With the help of the step by step resolution about the error “Sage 50 cannot be started…” I receive an access denied to Sage 50 INI file’ hopefully, you are no longer receiving errors and smoothly able to work on Sage 50 Software. Nevertheless, if you face any trouble, our certified Sage help teams are knowledgeable enough in fixing any difficult issue.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)