How to Restore Sage 50 Back up
If you have been using an accounting software to perform your accounting and bookkeeping functions, you may be well aware of how important taking a regular backup of your important business data is. Restoring to an earlier backup is often one of the most tried and tested solutions when a minor issue/bug creeps into your system. If you are yet to perform this operation in your Sage 50 application, you are at the right place. All you need to do is to go through this blog. Here, we will tell you “how to restore a back up in Sage 50”.
Oh wait..let’s first get to know how to create a company back up..
How to Create a Back up in Sage 50?
Please find the steps mentioned below-
- Log into the Sage 50 company you want to take backup of. If you are using Sage 50 Quantum or Premium, log in under sysadmin, in single-user mode.
- Click File
- Go to Backup. Alternately, you may also navigate to the toolbar on top of the home screen and click the backup icon
- Go to the window named Sage 50 Accounting – Backup
- Enter a name for the backup file. For easy recognition later on, you may include the date as a part of the file name
- Specify the folder/location where you wish to keep the backup.
• Do not keep this backup file in the .SAJ folder. This is the default backup location used by the software
• The software saves the path of the last-used backup and makes it the default path for next backup
• Make sure not to overwrite an existing backup.
- Click OK to proceed with the backup.
Procedure to Restore a Back up in Sage 50:
Here is a step-by-step procedure to restore a back up in Sage 50-
- Navigate to File
- Click on Restore
- Click Browse
- Choose the desired backup
- Click Open
- Click Next to proceed
- Now choose your preferred method to restore:
- Overwrite an Existing Company or existing company data
- Create A New Company or a new company using the restored data
- Click Next
- Choose any of the restore options:
- Customized Forms
- Company Data
- Business Intelligence Reports or Intelligence Reporting Reports
- Click Next
- Check the restore options before proceeding
- Click on Finish
- Once the restore gets completed, the company will open.
Related Article: Sage Error: Can’t Connect to Your Sage 50 Company Data Location
We hope the sequential steps mentioned above would help you a lot in restoring a back up of your data in Sage 50. If you are still facing any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you may speak to the authorized Sage experts, anytime you want.
🔷Frequently Asked Questions🔷
Is it Necessary for All the Users to Log Out Before Starting the Backup?
Yes. You should select the option to log out all users before starting the backup process. If you do not select this option, the backup will not start if someone is using Sage 50 at the time of the scheduled backup. If you check this box and a user is having Sage 50 open at the time of the scheduled backup, he will be logged out without any warning and he will lose unsaved work, if any. Therefore, you should inform all users not to leave Sage 50 open when they wind up for the day.
Where Should I Save the Sage 50 Back Up File?
You can specify any location to keep your back up file. However, if you are not having an off-site backup, you must save the back up to another drive, preferably on a different computer. By not having the backup on the computer where your Sage 50 data is kept, you will be protected in case of a theft or hardware failure.
If I Find Any Issues in Restoring a Back up in Sage 50, How Can I Contact the Sage Support team?
If you have any queries or are finding any difficulties while restoring a backup in Sage 50, you may contact the Sage Support team for the instant help.
The Sage 50 is the accounting software which was developed for the small business. The Sage basical...
Sage 50 US accounting software is available with the new features and technologies, although after d...
Sage 50 is one of the best business management software for both small and mid-size businesses. Pow...
Sage 50 has become a popular name in the accounting world due to its increasing usage in small and m...
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)