How to Create Sage 50 Backup
The Sage 50 software is well appreciated for its highly user-friendly interface & improved features. It has really made lives easier for businesses and accounting professionals and saved a lot of their time & effort. However, as per the feedback received from a section of Sage 50 users, there are some account-related features they are not quite familiar with. Some of them have informed that they have missing, damaged, or irrecoverable data /transactions in their company files but are not sure how to restore a backup properly.
Restoring to an earlier backup is often one of the most tried and tested solutions when you have missing, damaged, or irrecoverable data /transactions in your company. If you are finding it difficult to restore a backup in your Sage 50 application, you have landed at the right place. In this blog, we will show you how to do it easily in Sage 50
Oh wait..let’s first get to know how to create a company back up..
How to Create a Back up in Sage 50?
Please find the steps mentioned below-
- Log into the Sage 50 company you want to take backup of. If you are using Sage 50 Quantum or Premium, log in under sysadmin, in single-user mode.
- Click File
- Go to Backup. Alternately, you may also navigate to the toolbar on top of the home screen and click the backup icon
- Go to the window named Sage 50 Accounting – Backup
- Enter a name for the backup file. For easy recognition later on, you may include the date as a part of the file name
- Specify the folder/location where you wish to keep the backup.
• Do not keep this backup file in the .SAJ folder. This is the default backup location used by the software
• The software saves the path of the last-used backup and makes it the default path for next backup
• Make sure not to overwrite an existing backup.
- Click OK to proceed with the backup.
Procedure to Restore a Back up in Sage 50:
Here is a step-by-step procedure to restore a back up in Sage 50-
- Navigate to File
- Click on Restore
- Click Browse
- Choose the desired backup
- Click Open
- Click Next to proceed
- Now choose your preferred method to restore:
- Overwrite an Existing Company or existing company data
- Create A New Company or a new company using the restored data
- Click Next
- Choose any of the restore options:
- Customized Forms
- Company Data
- Business Intelligence Reports or Intelligence Reporting Reports
- Click Next
- Check the restore options before proceeding
- Click on Finish
- Once the restore gets completed, the company will open.
Related Article: Sage Error: Can’t Connect to Your Sage 50 Company Data Location
We hope the sequential steps mentioned above would help you a lot in restoring a back up of your data in Sage 50. If you are still facing any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you may speak to the authorized Sage experts, anytime you want.
🔷Frequently Asked Questions🔷
Is it Necessary for All the Users to Log Out Before Starting the Backup?
Yes. You should select the option to log out all users before starting the backup process. If you do not select this option, the backup will not start if someone is using Sage 50 at the time of the scheduled backup. If you check this box and a user is having Sage 50 open at the time of the scheduled backup, he will be logged out without any warning and he will lose unsaved work, if any. Therefore, you should inform all users not to leave Sage 50 open when they wind up for the day.
Where Should I Save the Sage 50 Back Up File?
You can specify any location to keep your back up file. However, if you are not having an off-site backup, you must save the back up to another drive, preferably on a different computer. By not having the backup on the computer where your Sage 50 data is kept, you will be protected in case of a theft or hardware failure.
If I Find Any Issues in Restoring a Back up in Sage 50, How Can I Contact the Sage Support team?
If you have any queries or are finding any difficulties while restoring a backup in Sage 50, you may contact the Sage Support team for the instant help.
How to Create a Backup in Sage 50?
Please find the steps mentioned below-
🔹 Log into the Sage 50 company for which you need to take a backup. If you are using Sage 50 Quantum/Premium, you will have to log in as sysadmin, in single-user mode.
🔹 Go to the File section
🔹 Go to Backup. You can also click on the toolbar on the home screen and click on the backup icon
🔹 Go to the Sage 50 Accounting – Backup window
🔹 Enter a name for the backup file. You can include the date in the file name. This would help you locate it easily later on
🔹 Specify the location where you need to store the backup
• do not store this backup file in the .SAJ folder. This is the default location used by the software to keep the backup file
• The software saves the path of the last-used backup and makes it the default path for the next backup
• make sure an existing backup does not get overwritten
🔹 Click OK to initiate the backup
What is the Sage 50 Automatic Backup Scheduler?
Remembering to take a backup and scheduling a convenient time for back up, when no one is using the software, is very important. This is where the Sage 50 Automatic Backup Scheduler can come to your rescue. It provides an affordable and reliable way to go back to a particular point in time and to look at a data backup created by Sage 50.
How to Transfer Sage 50 Company Data Backup from one Computer to another?
Here are the steps to follow-
🔹 Take a proper backup of your company data
🔹 To do this, log in to the relevant company
🔹 Now go to File
🔹 Click the Backup option
🔹 Store it on an external device.
🔹 Next, connect the device to the computer where you need to transfer the data
🔹 Click on Next.
🔹 Browse to the location where you have stored the backup file.
🔹 Click Open
🔹 Give your file a suitable name
🔹 Click Save
🔹 Click Next
🔹 Click Finish to end the procedure
Sage 50 is an accounting software that can cater to the needs of a variety of clients. There are mu...
Have you decided to change your third-party payroll provider and switch over to another in quest of...
Always upgrading to the latest version is important for every user. Sage also allows everyone to up...
Sage is increasingly being used by mid-size and small industries for growing their business and mak...
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)