Error: Can’t Connect to your Sage 50 Company Data Location
The Connection between the Sage 50 and Data Location can be hindered due to many reasons. Out of all the reasons, we have found some of the probable causes behind the occurrence of this error.
What are the Causes behind Sage 50 not connecting with the Company Data Location?
- Incompatible mode of selection.
- Mapped Drive: Disconnected or Empty
- Improperly Mapped Drive.
- Connectivity Lost with the Host Machine or the Server.
- Incorrect Data Path pointed by the .INI (Information) File.
- Host Machine or Server contains Incorrect Security Settings.
- When Computer holds different program versions from the Host Machine and Server.
- The problem in Resolving DNS (Domain Name Service)
- Deleted or Moved Data Path File/Folder.
The solution I: Check whether Compatibility mode is in use or not:
- Go to the Sage 50 and open it. Now, click on the Properties.
- Now, select the Compatibility Tab.
- You will see a Tag: “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
- Now, click on the Apply button and then click on OK.
- Now check whether Sage 50 opens without any error or not.
Solution II: Network Drive: Disconnected
- Go to Computer or My Computer
- Now, check what error occurs in your drive.
- If you don’t find the drive or it isn’t present, you need to use a drive letter to re-map this drive. Our Technical Support Team can help you in re-mapping your drive.
- The process may ask you for User ID and Password. Enter the right credentials and check to mark the Remember box.
- Now, click on OK (It also endorses with the feature of turning it off. You can find it in a link having additional info)
- If you find the empty drive, you need to restart your system.
- If you still receive an error, you need to have support from the Technical Support Team to resolve the error.
Solution III: Configuration File with Incorrect Data Path
- Click on Start and then click on All Programs.
- You need to download Sage Advisor Diagnostic Tools from the internet for versions like 2011 and 2012.
- Now, click on Sage 50 201X and then click on the Resources and then Help.
- Here, you need to lick on Technical Support Utilities and then click on the Sage Advisor Diagnostic Tool.
- You need to click on the Checkbox to Agree to the License Agreement.
- Now, go to the Company Location and click on the checkbox right beside it. Now, click OK and the file check starts here.
- The Result Log Box will display the Test Result. It will show the pointed data path and path of the latest opened companies.
- Check latest opened companies and make a note of their paths.
- Now, turn Sage Advisor Diagnostic Tool off.
- Now, open .INI File by double-clicking on it.
- Now, change Data path Directory. It will reflect the right data path.
- Click on File and then click on Save.
- Now, close .INI file.
- Now, test Sage 50 by opening it.
Avail our Sage 50 tech support Assistance via our Sage 50 Technical Support Channels to get any information related to Sage 50. Drop a mail on our Official Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org with us via our Live Chat Support from our Website – www.accountingadvice.co . To connect with us instantly, call us on our Sage helpline Toll-Free Number +1800-961-4623 .
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)