Sage 50 Output Error when Restoring Backup to an Existing Company
Sage features are meant to manage all business accountability needs by enabling strong financial reporting and comparing financial statements from different periods, Easy invoicing from data that’s customer specific along with the latest invoice updates, Accepts payments, Import bank transactions to the software. The software comes with additional facilities like Free backup, Free installer with the ability to integrate more than 500+ third party apps.
At times there are issues with the software such as the “Sage 50 Output error” that occurs while restoring a backup to an existing company. Below is the article elaborating the steps to rectify this error. You can also contact AccountingAdvice for your queries and professional troubleshooting of this error.
What is Sage 50 Output Error when Restoring Backup to an Existing Company
While trying to restore a company and following the steps an error message occurs halfway through the process with no other option but to click OK and restore failed.
- Error: “Sage 50 Output error” happens while restoring a backup to an existing company and displays “Output Error” – Peachtree has encountered a problem and needs to close and the restoration fails
- While trying to reopen the company it prompts an error – “Cannot find …PERMISS.DAT”
- However, users may be able to restore to a new company without issues but trying to restore over the newly restored company again pops the same error
Causes of Sage 50 Output Error when Restoring Backup to an Existing Company
- Damaged installation of Sage 50—U.S. Edition
- Files to be replaced are busy
- Outdated data files that are not normal for Peachtree are there in the data path
- File tables on the hard drive are corrupt
- Damaged Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Restore process was interrupted
Step for Fix Sage 50 Output Error when Restoring Backup to an Existing Company
Section I: Create a new company using the restored data
- Open Sage but don’t open a company and select File > Restore > Browse and navigate to the backup
- Click Backup > Open > Next
- Select “Create a new company using the restored data” > click Next and select the files that are needed > click Next > Finish
Section II: Damaged Windows Components
- Close Sage and check if the SageReg.exe has stopped working due to damaged window
Call AccountingAdvice and we will check the compatibility settings, invalid registry key, missing UUID, permissions, or any corrupt window registry entry
- Once these have been taken care of, then Open Sage and restore the backup as explained in section 1
By now the error should get resolved but if it still persists then proceed to Section III
Section III: Repair Sage
- Here we need to run Repair, reinstall the most recent Sage service release, and restore the backups
If the error persists then we need to check for a few other things in the step below
Section IV: Check for Damaged Files In Backup Or Outdated Files In The Data Path
- There are chances that there may be some damaged, out-of-date, or non-Sage files present in the backup file
Contact Sage Support Experts For All Those Hard to Resolve issues
The last two steps need the right tools to identify where the snag exists and also needs a seasoned expert to resolve the issue. With AccountingAdvice you can get back on track quickly.
Our experts have substantial experience in identifying and resolving the most unyielding errors related to Sage. The team provides all round support for all the versions of Sage like Sage Enterprise, Sage Accounting, and Financials, Sage People and Payroll, Payment and Banking solutions.
Contact AccountingAdvice for critical multiple collapses, data security, and data damage issues?
With AccountinAdvice, There’s No Wait For A Reliable Solution!
Call on the above number 24*7*365 and get the right help. Alternatively, you can resolve your doubts through our live chat support. We are available on our email email@example.com, you can write to us describing the issue and our expert will get back to you with the right solution.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)