How to Update your Sage 200 License Keys
While working on your Sage 200 Accounting software, there may come a time when you need to make certain changes within the settings of the software. This includes the need to reinstall the database, updating the registry, reinstalling the program files and updating the license key. The last one is the most common task that users have to perform when working on their Sage 200 software. The need to update the license key arises because the usage of the system expands.
So, if you are one of those who are looking for ways to update the license key of Sage 200, here is a simple way to do just that. We have outlined a step by step process that can help you easily update the license key of your software.
Locating the License Key
The first step while updating the license key of your Sage 200 software is to know where the key and its different elements actually exist. It will help you ascertain that the license key has been updated after the completion of the process. For locating the license key:
- In your Sage 200 Accounting software, go to the Administration screen.
- Click on Systems and then click on License Key Details.
- The screen will show you the license key and its different elements.
However, it will not allow you to make changes to the license key. The license key for your Sage 200 software is actually held at two places: in the Windows registry and inside the system parameter table.
But, you should never try to modify the registry or the system parameter table unless you are a computer expert. Manually changing the registry or system parameter table can cause irreparable damage to system files and folders that can lead to complete system breakdown.
So, the safest methods to update your license key in Sage 200 are:
- Re-run the installation program of Sage 200
- Use license key update utility
Re-run the installation program of Sage 200
- Run Setup.exe and select “Change existing install of CRM”.
- Select “License Key” checkbox from the list of components that appear on screen.
- Enter the new license key and overwrite the existing license.
- Click Next to proceed further.
- Complete the wizard steps to update the installation program correctly.
Use License Key Update Utility
Alternatively, you can also use the License Key Update utility to update the Sage 200 license key. This will allow you to add Sage 200 features that weren’t the part of original license and/or increase the number of licensed users. For this,
- Go to your install location and open the License Update folder:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Sage\CRM\[install name]\License Update
- Run licensekeyupdate.exe.
- Select the Install Name for which you want to change the license key.
- Enter the new license key in the box.
- Click Next and complete the wizard steps to make the changes and complete the process.
These are the safest methods to update your Sage 200 license key. Should you need more help, remember, we are just a call away. Dial our toll free number 1844 871 6289 to get in touch with our Sage expert technicians who can update the license key on your Sage 200 software in no time to keep your business up and running. Our technicians are available 24X7, 365 days a year to help you instantly override all issues and errors that might affect the performance of your Sage Accounting software.
With years of experience and strong talented pool of technicians, we are best in business. Our technicians are fully trained and have the resources and expertise to fix any kind of error message or issue that might be hampering the functioning of your Sage 200 software. Our technicians are available round the clock to give you prompt assistance and assure first call resolution to even the most complicated tech problems. They can help you install, update and upgrade your Sage Accounting software for best performance. Not just that, tech experts at Accountingadvice.co can also help you optimize the software and backup and secure your crucial business data to avoid theft or loss. For quick assistance, connect to us by dialing our Sage 50 tech Support toll-free number 1844 871 6289 and experience the best remote Sage tech support session ever. Call now!
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)