Sage 50 POS Integration
If you are involved with any business, you would certainly agree that a fast and efficient payment system can do wonders to the business. With such a prompt payment system, you can delight your customers/stakeholders and boost revenue.
You are aware that the Sage 50 software has empowered businesses with several important features and tools. But, its ability to integrate with different software and third-party applications is perhaps the most ‘striking’ one. With this, businesses can expand their capabilities and this also gives businesses the flexibility to improve over time. No wonder why Sage 50 is extremely popular among the business community these days. In this blog, we will discuss in great detail, the benefits of integrating the POS System with Sage Software.
Before moving ahead, let’s get to know what POS or EPOS is all about!
What is a POS or EPOS?
EPOS or Electronic Point of Sale software is used to track the time, accuracy, and location of a completed transaction. This is the point at which a retailer computes and informs the customer of the amount owed and the various modes of payment. Integrating Sage and EPOS software can provide numerous benefits to the business owner or retailer.
Read More-: Sage 50 Web Store Integration
Advantages of Integrating EPOS with Sage
- Manual Data Entry is no Longer required– When you integrate the Sage software with POS, the POS system gets fully integrated with the back-office business processes. This enables you to access all the information related to sales, customers, and stock from a central database. Thus, this integration eliminates the need to enter data manually, which is an error-prone and time-consuming process
- Provides Real Time Access to Critical Data– One of the most significant benefits of integrating Sage software with POS is that you get real-time access to your critical business data. Your sales team can now be provided with the access to the most up-to-date customer information as well as their purchase histories. This enables them to make informed decisions, find smarter recommendations, and effectively close the deal. Similarly, your finance and accounting teams can access the most recent sales data from the back office and gain valuable business insights.
- Provides Enhanced Customer Experience– Your customers will have a consistent, integrated, and enjoyable shopping experience as a result of the seamless integration of your back-office and in-store systems. For example, after integrating Sage software with POS, your customer would have a consistent experience across both online and physical stores. They would be able to purchase items online and pick them up /return them from/to the brick-and-mortar store
- Enhances Inventory Control– When you integrate Sage with POS, your in-store and back-end systems are seamlessly integrated. As a result, you can gain better control and visibility over your inventory. Each sale causes automated and efficient systems to remove relevant stock items from the retailer’s inventory and initiate other activities such as reordering. The stock also becomes more visible in the back office and the store. Back-office inventory control, for example, can alert sales representatives when an item becomes available in another store, allowing them to maximize the opportunity. With this real-time data, they can make timely and critical decisions about discounting certain slow-moving goods. They can also be notified of possible issues in advance, such as when a product runs out of stock.
- Improves Customer Relationships– When you integrate Sage software with POS, you can get an inclusive display of your customer data that can be accessed by each and every department of your business—both on the back end and in the store. With all this information at their fingertips, your sales team can cultivate more personalized relationships with your customers.
- Easy & Efficient Reporting Features– The EPOS system facilitates effective reporting capabilities on its own. You can get even more reporting options if you integrate it with the Sage accounting software. This assists accountants and finance managers in making informed and timely business decisions. Furthermore, in this integrated system, your customer’s historical data is seamlessly shared between the Sage software and the POS. As a result, they can design deals and promotions to meet the specific needs of a customer. Customers’ purchasing habits can be used to create targeted advertisements and improve customer relationships.
Important steps for Integrating the POS with your eCommerce Website
The process of integration can be grouped into the following important phases-
- Evaluate the POS system
- Earmark your requirements
- Ask questions & clarify doubts related to the POS and your online store
- Set up the POS system and your online store
- Modify the product descriptions and images to match the integrated system
- Optimize for improvement.
We hope from the above discussion, you have got a fair idea about the benefits of integrating the POS System with your Sage 50 Software. If you are still having any queries related to this integration and other related matters, you may get in touch with some authorized Sage professionals.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
What are the 5 most important benefits of Integrating the POS System with Sage Software?
5 important benefits of Integrate EPOS with Sage are:
🔹 Faster completion of transactions
🔹 Easy tracking of stocks and inventories
🔹 Faster sales and product management
🔹 Produces a higher accuracy rate. This is because the process is performed mechanically and there is no need for any manual data entry
🔹 Integration of pin and chip for a credit transaction. This makes the process smoother
What is an EPOS?
The EPOS or Electronic Point of Sale software is used to track the time, accuracy, and location of a completed transaction. It is extensively used in the retail and hospitality industries to accept payments, record sales, generate reports and monitor inventory. EPOS systems are typically comprised of a software, a barcode scanner, a touch-screen computer, a cash drawer, and a receipt printer and they come in a range of configurations, shapes, and sizes.
Any EPOS system has two primary components. The first is the hardware and other accessories that will assist you in achieving the preferred look and feel of your store. The second critical component is software or application. You can run your business and track your sales from here
Is it possible to Transfer Data from an Old POS to a New POS?
You may need to transfer your existing data if you already have a POS system that needs to be updated for integration with your eCommerce site, or if you need to change for any other reason. Transferring your data may or may not be possible, depending on factors like the age of your existing system.
In Sage 50, users can create a recurring entry, which is a transaction that occurs at a regular fre...
Computers have been a fixture in our lives for so long now, it’s hard to remember a time when they ...
We acknowledge that not many things are more frustrating than a customer waiting to pay but is unab...
Have you recently upgraded your Sage software only to find that your company file is missing? If so...