How to Repair Sage 50 Data using Sage 50 Database Repair Utility
Corrupt or damaged Sage 50 data files can leave you confused and frustrated. Though your data files can become corrupted due to a number of reasons, for the successful functioning of your business, it is imperative that your Sage 50 data files are error free. So, if you are facing issues with your Sage 50 data files, fret not. Sage 50 Database Repair Utility can help you quickly determine the issue and fix it in no time. The utility can help you resolve issues with your Sage data files that are caused due to any one of the following reasons:
- A damaged or improperly patched Database Engine.
- Missing, outdated, or damaged files in the Sage 50 data path.
- Issues that crop of while connecting to the Sage 50 data path across the network.
How to Download Sage 50 Database Repair Utility
The latest and most up-to-date version of the Database Repair Utility can be downloaded by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Start and then click on All Programs.
- Select Sage 50 Accounting [year].
- Now select Sage 50 Resources and Help and go to Technical Support Utilities.
- Finally click on Sage 50 Database Repair Utility to start the tool.
How to troubleshoot a Bad Data Path
Here’s how you can easily start the tool and repair all corrupted files in your Sage 50 database.
- When you start the tool, all files necessary for the functioning of your tool will be automatically extracted.
- Click Install to begin the process.
- In the message box, click Yes to continue or click on the link to view the Sage Knowledgebase article for more information about this tool.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click Agree to start using the tool.
- Select from the three available options and click on Run to successfully run the utility and read the results in the Result Log text box:
- Remove Pervasive – This utility will uninstall Pervasive from your local computer. Before using this utility, make sure that all users have logged out and closed Sage 50.
- Install Pervasive – This utility will install Pervasive to your local computer and will automatically patch all necessary updates. Again, make sure that all users have logged out and closed Sage 50 before using this utility.
- Create New Local Data path – This utility generates a new Sage 50 data path directory with default files to troubleshoot issues with the existing data path. This provides a new set of files for Sage 50 to work with. Here’s how to create a new local data path:
- Select the location for a new data path. It should be different from the previous location.
- Company to Copy feature will move the entire directory from the previous data path to the newly created data path. This might take a long time since your entire directory will be copied to a new location.
- If you wish to revert to the initial data path, click Manage INI Files and select the original data path and select Make Active to apply the changes.
- Click OK once you have finished the process.
Since Creating a New Local Data path is an advanced option, it is always advised to use Sage 50 Database Repair Utility under expert guidance.
Though Sage 50 Database Repair Utility will not affect your company’s data files, improper use of the tool can render your Sage 50 inoperable. For expert help and advice, call us. Our expert technicians are available 24X7 and can help you quickly fix all errors that are affecting your Sage 50 database files.
With highest resolution rate and lowest turnaround time in the industry, accountingadvice.co is best in business. Our Sage technical support team has years of experience in resolving even the most complicated issues related to your Sage 50 accounting software. Whether your issue is big or small, we give equal attention to all our clients. The team assures first call resolution to all your problems in the minimum wait time possible. So whether you want to install, update, optimize your Sage 50 software, or troubleshoot errors that come up while working with the software, certified tech experts at accountingadvice.co can remotely access your computer to give you complete help and support at the comfort of your home or office. Call 1800-961-4623 and connect with accountingadvice.co today!
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)