Sage 50 User ID and Password not Working
Here are some of the possible reasons behind mismatch of Sage 50 User ID and Password or there can be some issues at the time of installation/update or upgrade.
Here is the list of issues due to which your software may face Sage User ID and Password not working.
- Check that user tries to log-in to the right company.
- Username and Password can be case sensitive. Make sure you keep it right while entering credentials
- Make sure that you use the same credentials as you entered at the time of setup; for an instance, do not interchange username and password. If interchanged, it would give error.
- If you don’t know or forgot your user name, open the directory of your company and search for *.cax and *.cac; if you find any of the file with this extension, the file is user name file: for instance, BOB is the user name of file cax.
- If the user has a setup in the previous version of Sage 50. The username has limit of up to 16 characters and the password is limited to 9 characters, enter credentials to the full characters as it takes and then press enter.
- Open Notepad or Microsoft Word, type your password and check whether all the key strokes are entered properly or not. If not rectify keystroke and correct. Now, copy the password and paste it into the password field.
- All the password can be reset by Administrator User; Log-in as an admin, follow all the instructions;
Method I: Reset User Password, follow the instruction mentioned below
- If user is able to log in as admin, look at Answer ID 12413, this will instruct you the process of resetting user password.
- Now, check that user is now able to log-in or not.
if the admin user is log in, follow the instruction as it is mentioned below.
Method II: If user, mistakenly, opens wrong company file
- Once you open the program, click on the browse to locate all companies.
- Now, click on the company you want to open.
- Now, try to login and check if you are successful in logging-in or not.
Method III: If user is not registered or doesn’t have license
- Log-in to your company with Admin User Rights
- Follow the path
- Click on Maintain–>Users–>Set Up Security
- You will see the License box right next to the user name, click on the check box.
- Now, select OK.
- Now, in the user system, try to log-in to your company with Admin Rights.
- Check that the user is still tagged unlicensed or it is licensed.
- Try to log-in with user name, the user will be able to log-in.
For More Assistance
Connect with us via Live Chat Support which is available all-time on our website accountingadvice.co or You can call us on our Sage 50 Technical Support Number 1 800-961-4623. You can also connect with us via our official E-mail Address and we will get back to you with all information and solution.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)