Sage ERP Error 40962
The Sage ERP package has embedded a wide spectrum of tools and useful functions for businesses.These functions go beyond accounting and help businesses and professionals manage their operations better and boost revenue. In addition to accounting, Sage ERP provides functions related to distribution, manufacturing and other fields related to the industry. No wonder why it is used extensively by the business community across the world these days. However, many of our esteemed readers and users of Sage 100 ERP have informed us that they have received the Sage ERP error 40962 of late.
- What are the Causes of the Sage ERP Error 40962?
- How to Fix the Sage ERP Error 40962?
- Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
- 💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
- I am currently getting the Sage 100 ERP Error 65. To Fix it, I am asked to Restart explorer.exe. How to do this?
- I am getting the ‘Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database’ issue and to fix it, I am asked to check if the Data File Attributes of the .SAJ folder is Set to’ Read Only’. How can I check this?
- What are the Reasons behind the Sage 300 Connecting to Database Slow Error Messages on my Computer?
- How can I Connect the Sage 300 Software and my New Company Database?
Are you also facing this error message and looking for easy solutions to resolve it? Your search ends here. Yes, in this blog, we will discuss with you multiple methods to resolve this issue. Simply implement the steps mentioned here, get rid of this issue and continue to enjoy the plethora of benefits provided by the Sage 100 ERP package.
What are the Causes of the Sage ERP Error 40962?
Some of the prominent causes that may lead to this issue are-
- The Pervasive engine or client may not have been configured properly
- The \Pvsw\Bin not being in the system path
- A DNS used in the database points to an incorrect server
- A security software is blocking certain links via some ports
How to Fix the Sage ERP Error 40962?
Before starting the troubleshooting process, please make sure that you have installed the updated Sage 100/300 release. Also, you must log into your Sage software as an admin
Here, we would list multiple methods to solve the Sage ERP Error 40962 –
Method 1- Check your DSN Settings
- Browse to the 32- bit DSN settings
- Choose the DSN used by your Sage software
- Click on configure
- Check if all the DSN settings are correct
- If not, make the necessary settings to these settings
- Click on Save
- Restart your system
- Launch the Sage ERP software again and check if you are still getting the error
Method 2- Troubleshoot the Database Connection Issue
In most cases, we have seen that an issue with database connectivity leads to the Sage ERP Error 40962. A security software installed on your system may block certain ports used by the Sage database. In these cases, disabling the security software may help resolve this issue. Please follow the steps below-
- Log in to your system
- Go to the Start menu
- Click to open the Control Panel
- Go to System and security
- Now choose Windows Firewall
- From the left of your screen, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Select the bubble adjacent to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)
- Finally, click on OK to save the changes made
We hope that the troubleshooting steps outlined above will assist you in resolving the Sage ERP Error 40962 on your computer. However, before attempting the aforementioned options, please ensure that you have a better understanding of your operating system. Each of these solutions necessitates in-depth knowledge of your system. If you are having difficulty performing the steps above and are still unable to resolve the issue, we recommend speaking with some experienced Sage professionals 1800 964 3096.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
I am currently getting the Sage 100 ERP Error 65. To Fix it, I am asked to Restart explorer.exe. How to do this?
Please follow the steps below-
🔹 Click ctrl + shift + esc together on your keyboard to open the task manager
🔹 In the Processes list, search for explorer.exe
🔹 Do a right click on it and select End Task
🔹 Go to the File option
🔹 Click on New Task
🔹 The Run Window will appear on your screen
🔹 Type explorer.exe on it
🔹 Hit the Enter key
🔹 Restart the explorer.exe process
🔹 The windows explorer will resume
🔹 Check if the issue has been resolved by now
I am getting the ‘Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database’ issue and to fix it, I am asked to check if the Data File Attributes of the .SAJ folder is Set to’ Read Only’. How can I check this?
Here are the steps to follow-
🔹 Browse to the folder where you have stored the Sage company data
🔹 Right-click on Sage 50 Data File
🔹 Click on the Properties tab
🔹 Remove the checkmark near the Read-only attribute (if checked already)
🔹 Click on Apply
🔹 Now, right-click on the SAJ folder
🔹 Choose Properties
🔹 Remove the checkmark next to the Read-only attribute (in case it is checked)
🔹 Click Apply
🔹 Click on the checkmark near Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files.
🔹 Finally, click OK to finish
What are the Reasons behind the Sage 300 Connecting to Database Slow Error Messages on my Computer?
Many technical issues may contribute to the occurrence of this common issue. Some of these are as follows-
🔹 Server/workstation requirements are not met
🔹 Hard-drive failure
🔹 Anti-virus/anti-malware scans perceive the data to be a threat to the system
🔹 Presence of viruses/malware
🔹 If the dataflow is broken at the very beginning of data migration between the workstations and the server
🔹 Any issue with the Sage log file
🔹 The size of the log viewer file is more than 2 GB
🔹 When the software experiences latency issues, hardware issues and network adaptor software
Here are the steps to follow-
🔹 Click on the setup menu
🔹 Now go to the database screen
🔹 To create a new database, click the new button
🔹 Provide a suitable name for the company database you wish to create
🔹 Now, click on the Category dropdown box
🔹 Select Company as the option
🔹 Click OK to continue
🔹 Verify if the name of the newly created database is displayed in the setup list