How to Convert Old Version Sage Data to New Version Sage 2021.1?
It is easy to get a little overwhelmed by all of the weeds you have to sort through while you work towards building up or growing your business; especially relating to your financial-related practices. Luckily, there are a wide range of financial and enterprise resources planning (ERP) software available to help you streamline overall business management processes. One such accounting solution is Sage that comes with new releases and updates every year and the latest release version is Sage 2021.1. With this new release, Sage has fixed a number of glitches and added many new enhanced features. If you’re also looking to upgrade/update your software to a new version then you’re on the right page as it discloses the entire process for how to convert old version Sage data to new version Sage 2021.1 after upgrading.
Benefits of conversion of old version Sage data to new version Sage 2021.1 :
The conversion of old version Sage data to new version Sage can helps you to make accounting and bookkeeping processes pretty simple and easy like:
- Eliminate your manual accounting and human error related to manual bookkeeping. With this upgrade Sage 2021.1 version, you will get many automatic features that make it easy for Sage 50 users to eliminate manual data entry tasks, such as expenses, invoices, payments, bills, receipts, and bank statements..
- The issue related to mouse freezing or significant lag time while working in Sage 50 is now fixed.
- A single login to access to all your connected services makes it easier for you to connect your bank, share company data, access data remotely, and add customer payment options
- You will get enhanced security with Gmail that has been updated to meet Google’s new security standards.
Above all that, you will also have many improved features that save time and help you to boost your business productivity.
How to convert old version sage data to new version Sage 2021.1?
Whenever the new update is released then you must observe that the first time you open your company in version 2020, the data will need to be converted. However, it is an automated process, but it can take a little while for a large database. If you wanted to convert old version Sage data to new version Sage 2021.1 then perform the below provided instructions:
- Initially, launch your Sage 50 software
- Next, click on the Open an existing company
- Now, choose your company data file and then hit Ok
- After that, you can see the Data Conversion Wizard window will appear on your screen
- Click Next
- Once done with that then confirm the company to convert and then click Next
- Click on the Back Up button in the “Backup Existing Information” window and then hit Save
- Click on the Next tab after you saved your backup
- Once you’re done with the above steps then Data Conversion will start and it may take a while depending on the data size
- Make sure that you do not interrupt in between the data conversion process
- Once the conversion is successfully completed then the conversion completed window appears on your screen
- Finally, click on the Finish tab.
Important Note: Don’t install the upgrade at a time when you’ll be rushed to get back into Sage 50. Once you upgrade then it is strongly suggested that you first open your company file at the server or the PC holds your Sage 50 data.
What will do when fail to convert data to new version, said “no disk space”:
After Sage 2021.1 is installed and you’ll open your company file then it will ask you to convert data to a new version. However, when you click on the Ok and it displays Disk Space is not enough or when it fails to convert data to a new version, it says “no disk space”.
To overcome such data conversion issue, you can try to:
- Copy your data to any local drive like C or D drive.
- Restore backup from 2021.1.
- Or manually convert old version sage data to new version Sage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I download and install before the update Sage 2021.1 is sent to me?
Ans. Currently, very new updates are sent automatically through the product. But if you would like to download and install the update is sent to you then you can go through the below instructions:
🗸 Go to the Services >> Check for Updates >> Check Now.
🗸 If multiple updates appears on your screen then you have to select the update(s) which you want to install then select Download.
🗸 Once the download is successfully done then exit Sage 50.
🗸 Finally, you can see the update will start.
Q2. What to do when the Sage 50 2021 update could not be completed and needs to run again?
Ans. This error message usually appears due to locked files, running processes. In such scenarios, it is recommended that your system needs to be rebooted.
Step 1: Check for the running process:
🗸 First, go to your Taskbar and then make a right-click on the same.
🗸 Select the Start Task Manager or press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
🗸 Next, move to the Process tab.
🗸 Select the PeachtreePrefetcher.exe, PeachtreeBusinesslogic.exe, Peachupd.exe, PTXA[Release].exe, PeachtreeBackup.exe or Peachw.exe.
🗸 In the end, select the End Task or End Process tab.
Step 2: Reboot your PC:
🗸 In this, you need to reboot your PC and then try manually running the update.
Q3. Is Sage an upgrade or a new installation?
🗸 Sage is available as a full installation file or as an upgrade.
🗸 If Sage is already installed, the program will upgrade necessary files.
🗸 If you wish to keep the older version as well as install the new version, download the full program.
🗸 During the install, you will be given the option to upgrade or install to a new location, choosing a new location will leave your older version intact.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)