How to Fix Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting
Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting is an error type that usually occurs due to the presence of damaged programs or in case of insufficient balance. The SmartPosting Service is an essential component of the Sage 50 accounting software, which helps automate the posting of transactions. However, when the service fails to start, it can cause problems and negatively impact business operations. There could be various reasons for this issue, including system errors, missing files, and conflicts with other applications.
The Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting is one of the Sage errors that generally take place when there are certain damaged program files or you might have an insufficient balance or more. When the users have to encounter this error, then they might receive any of these error messages, for example, SmartPosting service has crashed or is hung, or you cannot change to real-time posting, then the transaction will not be posted, etc.
This may be frustrating if you go on receiving the same error message again and again. If you are also frustrated with this error message or if you are looking for some simple resolutions, then read this blog to help stop popping such error messages constantly on your system.
What is Sage 50 SmartPosting Service
SmartPosting is an option for a position that will help you to improve and boost your performance by letting you save some transactions without waiting for them to be posted. The Sage 50 SmartPosting service automatically posts all your transactions. This specific service also helps you in handling and paying bills, taxes, finance recordings as well as even invoicing. It is deliberated for network environments with several users working in a company at the same time. It suggests you shift to real-time posting in case if less than 10 users are working in a single company, at the same time.
The Importance of Sage 50 SamrtPosting Services
The main advantage of the Sage 50 Smartposting Services is that it helps enhance and uplift the performance by allowing the user to save certain transactions without having to wait for them to be posted. This is because the Sage 50 SmartPosting service is designed to automatically post all the transactions. The benefits do not stop here but extend to Finance recordings, Bill payments, Taxes, and Invoicing. This is especially beneficial for a such work environment that comprises numerous workers at the same time in a company. Also, the software suggests a shift to real-time posting in a scenario with less than 10 users who are working at the same time in the same company. Now let us consider some of the reasons for the Sage Error Smart Posting stopped working
Causes Of Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Stuck in Starting
There are various causes due to which the Sage 50 SmartPosting Service gets encountered by users. Quite a few of them are jotted down below :
- Damaged program files or folders
- The SmartPosting has stopped in the services
- Due to any kind of damaged transactions
- Insufficient balance or maybe out of balance transaction
- Various environmental factors, for example, Firewall, Antivirus, etc.
Important Tip: Before you make up your mind to perform the solution steps for this recurring issue, it is highly recommended to create a backup copy of your company data and files.
Steps to Fix Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting
Here are some easy ways to resolve the Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting error message-
Method I: Find and Fix Damaged Transactions
Before starting the troubleshoot, please make sure you are the only user who is accessing the company file :
- To check, go to the Maintain section
- Then go to Users>> User Login Manager
- Now click on Maintain again
- Click on the Company Information tab
- Now, click on the box next to Posting Method
- Click on Real-time
- Click Ok
- Press Ok again on the next screen
- Next, click Maintain once again
- Click on the Company Information tab
- Here should check if the posting method is changed to SmartPosting. These are the damaged transactions in your company.
- Fix the damaged transactions
Method 2- Deactivate the Sage SmartPosting Service
Here are the steps to follow-
- Press Windows+ R.
- The Run menu will pop up on your screen
- Type services.msc in the search box
- Press Enter
- The list of services in this category will be displayed.
- Select the specific SmartPosting Service you are using from the list
- Double click on the service you selected
- Click the option labelled Deactivate from the Startup
- Click on Recovery
- Now click on the ‘take No Action for First failure, Second failure, and Succeeding failures’ option
- Press Ok.
Method 3- Find out and Fix the Out of Balance Transactions
- Click on the link that indicates the SmartPosting service has not started
- Click on Start SmartPosting.
- If starting of the Smart Posting service fails, it indicates the journal related to the error
- Click on the Tasks tab
- Navigate to the System section
- Then click Post.
- Select the journal indicated in the error message
- Click OK.
- The journal will get posted. if you get a journal out of balance error message, load the Integrity
- Next, click on the Integrity Check window
- Go to Journal Balances.
- Click OK to proceed
- After the test is completed, click on Maintain
- Next, click on the Company Information tab
- Change the posting method from SmartPosting to Real-time
- After all the journals are posted, click again on Maintain,
- Click on Company Information again
- Change your Posting Method now from Real-time to SmartPosting . also, you can go to the main screen and start SmartPosting by clicking on the Activate SmartPosting tab
- Verify if you are able to start the SmartPosting service now.
The SmartPosting Service on the Server [Server Name] is not Running so Cannot be Restarted
There are times when the Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting occur. This usually occurs when the SmartPosting has not been installed on the server or the SmartPosting is suffering from damaged files. This causes the error notification to be displayed on the desktop while using the Sage 50 SmartPosting application as shown below:
This is a commonly occurring error that can occur across all versions of Windows 7,8, 10 and 11. Likewise, the solution for each of these versions remains the same as well
- Make sure that Sage 50 is closed on all systems
- On the server, you need to Verify the following 3 files installed into the program path, to find your program path refer to the article listed in the Related Resources section:
- Next, Copy the following command line to Notepad.
“sc create “Sage 50 Smart Posting 2019” start= auto binPath= “C:\Program Files\Sage50\SmartPostingService2019.exe” DisplayName= “Sage 50 SmartPosting 2019”
- Next In Notepad, update the binPath= to match the program path exactly
- In case you are using a different Release version, then change the year 2019 in all three places to the correct Release Year
- Now Click Start, Run
- Next Type cmd in the Open field
- Now Click OK
- Paste the updated command line that has been created in step 3 into the DOS prompt window and hit enter
- This will cause SUCCESS to appear on the screen
- Click Start, Run
- Next Type services.msc
- Now, Click OK
- Within the list, right-click on the newly installed Sage 50 SmartPosting 20XX and click Start
- Lastly, you need to Verify that the SmartPosting service is now running
Hope the above steps will help you to resolve Sage 50 SmartPosting Service Not Starting. Still, if you need any help, connect with us. We are an independent third party consultant of Sage have eminent experts to resolve the problems.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Prime requirement before I embark on the solutions part of the Sage Error Smart Posting stopped working?
One of the most important steps before initiating the Solutions part of the error, is to ensure that you create the backup for all the Company files and folders.
Should I Create a Backup of My Sage 50 Company File Before Proceeding with these Steps?
Yes, you should. Creating a backup of the company file ensures that your data isn’t altered or damaged in any manner.
Can I Resolve the Error by Simply Updating Sage 50?
No, you can’t. While some errors resolve upon updating the Sage 50 software, this one resolves when you change certain preferences and settings.
What are the uses of the SmartPosing service in Sage 50?
The SmartPosting service in Sage 50 would help you improve performance by allowing you to save transactions without waiting for them to get posted. This service posts your transactions automatically. It facilitates multiple users working in network environments. With this service, you can handle tax payments, bills, invoicing and finance recording more efficiently.
What are the differences between Batch Posting, Real-time Posting and SmartPosing in Sage?
🔹 In a batch posting, the transactions are first saved and then posted in a group in a separate step altogether. You can choose to post transactions in batch by going to Tasks and then clicking on System>Post.
🔹 In real-time posting, the transactions are posted as they are entered and saved.
🔹 In SmartPosting, the transactions are saved and then posted by the Sage SmartPosting service.
🔹 The service goes through your database and posts transactions on a timely basis. Here, you do not need to post transactions actively.
🔹 The service does it for you and it will appear that the posting is done in real-time.
What are the Different Error Messages related to Smart Posting in Sage 50?
🔹 You cannot find the SPState.xml file.
🔹 The SmartPosting service is hung or crashed and cannot be restarted.
🔹 SmartPosting cannot be stopped
🔹 SmartPosting cannot be started because an unresolved error exists.
🔹 The SmartPosting service is not running so SmartPosting cannot be restarted.