Fix Sage 50: “An Error Has Occurred In The Script On This Page”
When users launch Sage 50 or attempt to perform various operations in Sage accounting software like payroll opening, using a maintenance window, setting up filter options, etc., faces many errors. Among these errors, there occurs a technical error in the script. This article will discuss the troubleshooting guide to fix Sage 50: “An error has occurred in the script on this page.
- When updates are not installed
- Unsupportable web-browser like an incompatible version of Internet Explorer
- Sometime ActiveX controls are blocked on the browser
- The improper program installed in program files
- Wrong Path files associated with the program
- Corrupted installation
- UAC settings are not up-to-date
How to Resolve the Issue in Sage 50: “An Error Has occurred in the Script on This Page”?
Here is the list of solutions you need to follow while troubleshooting script error in Sage 50:
Solution first – Download and install service Release:
Follow the below instructions:
- Open your Sage 50
- Locate Services, then click Check for Updates
- Choose Check Now
- Click Download
- Now close Sage software.
- After this, Service Release will now proceed with the installation.
- Check no issue occurs while opening Sage. If the error persists, then start the next solution.
Solution Second – Set-up Sage Advisor:
- Open your Sage software.
- Discover Help option
- Click on Sage Advisor Settings
- Clear the field named Show the setup advisor on-screen assistance
- Hit on OK button
- Close the Sage so that the modifications apply
- Open Sage
- Now locate a maintenance window and check the error.
Solution Third – Install the compatible program on a 64-bit system:
- Check the program in the Program Files (X86) directory if you are accessing a 64-bit computer, for instance: PROGRAMPATH=C:\PROGRA~2\Sage\PEACHT~1\.
- If found the wrong path, then you need to uninstall the program.
- Ensure you carefully chosen the preferred program file from the (x86) directory
Solution Fourth – Improper installation:
- Close the Sage
- Locate the program path
- Search for the PTToday folder and rename it to OLDPTToday
- Now give a name to the Product services folder to OLDProductServices.
- After this, execute Repair.
- At last, disable the Antivirus present on your system, reinstall the latest Service release.
- Then check the Sage open without displaying an error; if not, then proceed with the next solution.
Solution Fifth – Turn off User Account Control (UAC):
Follow the below-given steps:
- Enter UAC in the search bar located in the taskbar
- Hit on Change User Account Control Setting
- Now drag the slider down towards Never Notify and then hit on OK button.
- Now there appears a prompt asking for the confirmation regarding selection.
- Write the administrator credentials.
- Reboot the system for the applied change effect.
Solution Sixth – Embed Sage.com to view compatibility settings:
- Locate Internet Explorer
- Choose Tools
- Click on Compatibility View settings.
- Add Sage.com in it
Solution Seventh – Enter Sage.com to Trusted Sites:
- Open Internet Explorer, choose Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- Hit on Trusted Sites
- Click on the Sites button and then select Add.
- Now add Sage.com, payrollonline.com, and sync.peachtree.com.
- Hit on close option
- Click on the Apply button and then choose the OK option.
Solution Eighth – Turn on ActiveX controls:
Follow the below-given steps:
- Locate Internet Explorer, choose Tools, and then Hit on Internet options
- Choose Security, and then click on Local intranet.
- Hit on Custom level option
- Scroll down to ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Click on Allow previously unused ActiveX controls to execute without prompt status to Enabled.
- Hit on Run ActiveX controls and Plug-ins button to Enabled
- Choose OK button
- Hit on Yes if the prompt asks you for confirmation
- Click OK option
Still, confused? Give a ring.
Hopefully, the above resolutions help you fix Sage 50: “An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page.” If not, sort out the problem without being panic, call Sage 50 technical support number 1844-871-6289. A technical advisor’s hub sits there to address all types of errors despite technical or functional issues; your issue will get solved in time. If you cannot call them, you can use an instant Sage 50 live chat support option to answer your doubts while implementing steps. In case you have stuck anywhere, take a screenshot of that state, and send an email to the team member. You will get served without any delay. Don’t hesitate to take assistance from the experts; it will save you precious time!
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)