How to Import Credit Card Statement/Transactions in Sage 2019
Importing Bank Credit Card Statements
Sage 2019 accounting software allows you to import credit card statements and bank that you need to download.
- When downloading your Internet bank statement, choose the format OFX. This is an electronic file format carried by most of the banks.
- If you are a member of a bank that doesn’t support the OFX format, then simply download the bank statement in CSV format.
- Consider that when importing and mapping the bank transactions, if the system discovers no activity for two hours, the computer logs off automatically for security reasons.
- Go to the Transaction & Banking, to import the bank statements.
- Banking menu option appears.
- Click on the button Import Bank Statements
- Select the Credit Card or Bank account from the dropdown menu. The statement information will be imported into this credit card or bank account that you have chosen.
There are two options for Date Range available
All-Transactions: Choose the All Transactions option when you wish to import all the transactions enclosed in the import file.
Dates to Import: Select dates to Import option to allow importing new transactions by choosing the relevant date range.
The transactions will appear as follows:
- You get an option to see the prior 10 transactions imported:
- When carrying the transactions, any modifications when moving to a fresh page made on-screen will be saved.
- Accounting will detect automatically whether the transaction is a payment or a receipt, and accordingly display.
- Accounting allows you to divide transactions on the bank/credit statement and connect the amounts to other transactions. You can divide a transaction by simply clicking on the transaction button.
- Choose the other transaction that you are dividing the chosen transaction with, and fill the amount.
- Click on the button Save Changes. The transaction will now be displayed as split on the Bank/credit Statement.
Duplicates Found Option
When you are making use of the Bank Feeds or import the Bank Statements, you will be informed of potential duplicate transactions that can be reviewed. When using the Online Payments method by Sage Pay and customers pays you, the receipts will be matched automatically and reconciled when importing the Sage Pay bank statement.
In case, you selected the Duplicates Found the link in the field Selection, Accounting explains you the place where Duplicate Transactions were found.
- Select the option Show More/Less
- Click on the option View Duplicate Transactions to see the duplicate transactions
- A list of potential duplicate transactions will appear.
- The duplicate line will receive a strike when deleting it
Need more support?
Import Credit card statement/Transactions in Sage 2019 are easy if you follow the given step. However, if you are still unable to import the bank/credit card statement error, then connect with the highly competent team to avail reliable support. The certified Sage specialists are actively available for 24×7 at Accounting Advice toll-free Sage 50 support number 1-844-871-6289 to support and guide you as per your requirements. Do chat via Sage Live Chat to benefit an instant response from experts.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)