Sage 50 2019 There was a Problem Activating
There are times when the user encounters a message where they are experiencing an error like Sage 50 there was a problem or if your activation key is invalid or not accepted. In case you are not well aware of the technical know-how of Sage, then it is recommended that you avoid putting your company data at risk and ask for professional help instead.
- Cause of Sage 50 2019 Activating Problem
- Steps for Resolve Sage 50 2019 Activating Issue
- Final Words
- Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
However, let us take a look at some of the main causes of the Error Sage 50 there was a Problem Activating. This error mainly occurs in the Sage 50 U.S. Edition and there are many causes responsible for this error.
- There are file options that can be damaged or hidden from the main view.
- Incorrect date setting in the case of Windows.
- Damaged or corrupt data path
- Windows firewall or antivirus that might be restricting the activation process
- Improper installation of the Pervasive Database Manager.
Error: “Sage 50 2019 There Was A Problem Activating”
Error: “The activation key … Would you like to reactivate now?”
Read through the content below to understand the causes and find troubleshooting steps for resolving it.
Cause of Sage 50 2019 Activating Problem
Sage 50 activation problem usually occurs because of the following reasons:
- Program not activated on the server
- Pervasive database engine not running as a service
- Permission set incorrectly
- Damaged Pervasive database engine
- Incorrect data path
- Hidden .dat option
- Files missing in the data path
- Wrong Serial Number
- Running an older version of the program
Steps for Resolve Sage 50 2019 Activating Issue
Follow the given steps below:
Solution 1: Stop and Restart Pervasive via Task Manager
- You can perform this method if you think the error is related to damage Pervasive, or have installed multiple versions of pervasive or wrong pervasive version on the server.
- First, ensure Sage 50 program has been closed on all workstation.
- Right click on any blank space of the task bar, and select the Task Manager (or, press on Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to open to task manager)
- Now, browse to Details tab then find w3dbsmgr.exe process.
- Highlight the process then click on end task tab at the bottom to end the process.
- Next, browse to Services tab, sort by name, find psqlWGE
- Once you locate the psqlWGE, select it and click on Start
Solution 2: Stop, Restart Pervasive via Services Menu
The steps below can be attempted for Windows 7/8/10:
- Press on the Windows + R keys on the keyboard
- Type in SERVICES.MSC on the space given, and click on OK
- Right-click on Sage 50 SmartPosting [edition], then click on Stop (for Quantum user only)
- Right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Engine, then click on Stop
- Right-click on Sage 50 SmartPosting [edition], then click on Start
- Right-click on Pervasive PSQL Engine, then click on Start.
Solution 3: Run Repair on Program
Attempt the following steps, if the error has occurred due to missing files in the data path caused by bad installation:
- Click on Start Menu, and select the Control Panel
- Select the Add/Remove Program tab or Programs & Features
- Select the Sage 50 Accounting on programs list, then click on Change
- Click on Repair > Next
- This will start the Repair process
- You may need to install program updates or service releases if necessary.
Also Read : Sage Cannot Open Activation Key File
Following these above-given methods will resolve Sage 50 activation issue. However, if the issues still persist, immediately call us on there may be more to the issue. We advise you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible with assistance from experts, so to avoid loss of important data. For any assistant in resolving any Sage 50 issues, feel free to reach Accountingadvice tech support.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why doesn’t My Sage 50 Activate?
The main reasons could be:
1. The program is not able to get activated within the server.
2. The inability of the Pervasive database engine to be able to run as a service.
3. The Incorrectly set permissions.
4. Incorrect data path.
5. Some Damaged Pervasive database engines.
6. Options that might be hidden.
7. Presence of Lost files within the data path.
8. Some Wrong Serial Numbers.
Is it possible to Fix the Activation Key when Sage 50 has Expired?
To be able to do this you need to follow the below steps:
1. In case the Temporary Pervasive License key has expired
2. Start by Closing the Sage 50
3. Open the Computer
4. Go to the program path.
5. Next Run SageReg.exe
6. Now Select the Key Status tab
7. Next, Click Check Key State button
8. In case the Permanent key is found in the License Type column, you need to stop here. Or, go to step 8.
9. Now Click the Sage 50 Activation tab
10. Next, Click the Activate button.
11. Once instructed, shut the Activation window/s and launch Sage 50 inorder to complete the Activation process.
How can One Reactivate the Sage 50?
To enter or update your Sage 50 activation information, you need to go to the Help menu and select Sage 50 Activation. This way the Activation takes place over the Internet. Nevertheless, once you have reached the limit of the times you can use Sage 50 without activating and are not able to connect to the Internet, you still have the option to manually activate the process.