Sage 50 US Activation Service Interruption
Sage 50 US accounting software is available with the new features and technologies, although after download it is important to activate the service. However, sometimes the user may face the Sage 50 US Activation Service Interruption issue which is a very common issue.
The below article covers the solutions to get the issues to resolve of Sage 50 US Activation Service Interruption. Let’s start with the method to get rid of Sage 50 Error.
Causes for Sage 50 US Activation Service Interruption
Before proceeding to the solution method you need to know about the causes which are very much important to get the issues to fix. Major causes for the Sage 50 US Activation Service Interruption are given below.
- Antivirus or Software blocking the activation
- Damaged or bad datapath files
- Windows system date is not correct
- dat damaged or hidden
- Bad installation of Pervasive Database manager
Solution to fix Sage 50 US Activation Service Interruption
The below steps should be performed on that computer where company data files are stored.
Section 1 – Firewall or Antivirus blocking activation process
- In this scenario, you need to disable antivirus of firewall
Section 2 – Clientinfo.xml file
- Close Sage 50 on all computers
- Locate your data path
- Now move the clientinfo.xml to outside of your data path or else, rename it
- Double click and open the Sage 50, check if the error is still exist or not
Section 3 – Data path files
- Quit the Sage program running on all computers
- Browse your data path
- Rename or move the following files to a new folder outside of your data path
o *.LCK( all files with LCK extension)
o *.PTL(all files with PTL extension)
- Go and check Sage 50 again if you are getting the option to activate manually
- Now select the manual activation, go ahead as per the instructions coming
- Still, getting these issues to go to the next step
Section 4 – Uninstall and Reinstall Pervasive
Steps to remove the Actian
- Close Sage 50
- Now press the Windows+R key simultaneously to get run window
- Type Control panel and hit enter
- After, opening the control panel select program and features
- Now, uninstall any listed version of Actian PSQL Workgroup R2( for Sage 50 US edition database engine name should be as Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine)
- After it, close the Control Panel
- Again, press Windows +R keys
- Once run window comes type C:\ and click OK
- Now check if the folders pvsq and pvswarch are available, delete them
- If PSQL_v[version number]_Install.log is available, delete this as well
- Go to C:\Windows
- Delete pvsw.log if available
- Go to C:\ProgramData
- Rename Pervasive Software folder to OldPervasive Software
- Go to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86)
- At this step, rename Actian folder to OLDActian(In Sage 50 2019 or earlier versions rename the pervasive Software as OLDPervasive Software if it is available)
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common files
- Check if the Actian folder is available, rename it to OLDActian(For Sage 50 US 2019 or earlier, rename the Pervasive Software Shared to OLDPervasive Software Shared)
- Close Computer
- Again press Windows +R keys
- Type regedit and click ok
- Choose Ok
- Do the right click on Computer, export and save the registry backup to Computer Desktop
- Browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow643Node
- Delete Pervasive Software and PEYX4989ZK
- Finally close the registry error
Steps to Manually Reinstall Actian
- Go to the installation folder available at path C:\Sage\Sage 50_[Version]
- Open PervasiveMin folder
- Run SetupWorkgroup32_x86.exe ( for 2020 version) or PervasivePSQLv11WGE.msi( 2019.2 and earlier versions)
- Select Next and accept the license and agreement >>> click next again
- Select option run as service and click Next
- Click on complete option and>>> then go to Next
- Install Actian by selecting Install option
- Finally, click on Finish
Looking for Help?
For any assistance don’t hesitate to dial Sage 50 technical support number 1800 964 3096 and get connected to Sage 50 professionals. The team is highly trained and having experience in the same domain. Sage 50 Helpline is available 24*7 to sort out your all types of Sage related obstacles. You can also fill the contact form and soon one of the Sage technicians contact you.
Reason Behind Sage 50: An Unknown Error Has Occurred Reconfigured Webmail Account that allows us...
Sage 50 provides useful tools and functions for businesses to k...
Sage 50 is highly popular for its broad compatibility across different kinds of mobile devices and ...
If you’re an employer, you’ve undoubtedly seen the Year End Discrepancy in T4 Summary and Remittanc...