How to fix Explorer.exe Error in Sage 50?
Users of Sage 50 get great amount of functionality in this accounting software. Though sometimes there are errors that can lower the overall experience but still these errors have easy fixes and can be done with the help of a working internet connection and a little patience.
Explorer.exe error is not a frequently encountered error. It is displayed in the form of a message that states, “The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions.” A pop up box contains this message and is depicted when the shortcut for Sage 50 is opened.
Main Causes of Explorer.exe Error
- The user account that you are using does not have sufficient user account access to make and open a program through a shortcut.
- Background Process
Step to Resolve Explorer.exe Error Easily
- Select open file location after a right click on the shortcut for Sage 50.
- Open properties of the main program file by right clicking the program and selecting ‘Properties.’
- Select the ‘Security’ tab.
- Click Edit and select the user.
- Select all the actions you want to allow for that user. To resolve this error, just allow all of the functions to be allowed for the user the error is appearing for.
- Click on apply and then hit ok. Repeat this method again.
- Now repeat the same process for the folder that contains the main program. Make sure to allow all the functions for this folder as well.
Doing all of this will give the user the permission to access all the files and functions required to run the sage 50 program through the shortcut. There is a caveat to this method as you need to be the Administrator or should have the permission to change user account access settings. If that is not the case then you must contact your system administrator.
This error may even occur a different form in which the message for the error is not displayed. In this second case the program will start in the background but will not appear in the forefront. To resolve this you must go to the task manager and end process for the Sage 50 program. After doing this the program should start without any inconvenience.
The Explorer.exe is a common error faced by the Sage accounting software users. The error occurred due to not having access to make and open a program through a shortcut and if not resolved at the right time might affect the work flow. You can contact www.accountingadvice.co and narrate the error scenario. The in house team in this support agency is highly qualified and experienced. They assure you the complete error resolution in the shortest wait time. Connect with the Sage 50 support number 1800-961-4623 and fetch instant assistance.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)