Sage Error 43 File System Error 43 in [File]
Users usually experience an error with a message Sage Error: “File System Error 43 in [File]” when opening a Remote Data Access company. However, a Remote Data Access is also formerly known as Sage Drive that enables you to store a current copy of your company database in the cloud. And then you can access it from any computer that has (preferably fast) internet connection and Sage 50 U.S. Edition installed on it. But it happens when File System Error 43 occurs on one system because the company requires it to be re-shared, re-download or might also be rebased. It can happen due to several reasons, don’t worry! If you’re also troubling with the same Sage error then you’re on the right page as this article is going to discuss the rectification methods of this File System Error 43.
Causes of Sage Error: “File System Error 43 in [File]”
- Company needs to be re-downloaded
- Company needs to be re-shared
- Company needs to be re-based.
Solutions to Fix Sage Error: “File System Error 43 in [File]” when Opening a Remote Data Access Company
It is highly suggested that a hard-wired connection should be used to access the Sage Drive Company due to the potential instability of Wi-Fi connections. To fix the Sage Error, you can apply the below methods:
Method 1: Re-Download the Company:
Before proceeding forward, make sure that your PC with the issue, peruse to the information way; the user needs to refer now proceed forward with the below steps:
- First of all, open your Sage and hit the right-click on the “Company registry” being referred to, and then choose the “Cut” option.
- Then, hit the right-click the Desktop, and then choose the “Paste” option.
- Now, you have to open the Sage 50 U.S. Release, and then choose the File, Sage Drive,
- After that, hit the next click on the “Download a Sage Drive Company”
- Then, Sign-in into your account by entering the Sage ID, and enter the manual human test.
- At last, Choose the company, and follow the on-screen prompts to re-download the company file.
Method 2: Rebase from a Machine that can Still Open the Company
- Firstly, go to your computer where your company was last accessed
- Then make a new backup for the company
- After that, choose the “File, Sage Drive, Stop Sharing” and hit the Yes button
- The next thing is to do to choose the “File, Sage Drive” and then choose the “Share Company” option to re-share the company
- Now, Login into your Sage account, and then choose the Share Company option
- Hit the next click on the “Next” button, and then choose Finish
- Now, go forward and choose the “File, Sage Drive”
- From the available preferences, choose the “Manage User Access” to set up users for Sage Drive again.
Method 3: Restart the Actian/Pervasive from the Services menu
Important Note: If you’re using Windows 7, 8, or 10, follow the steps below. The name of the service has changed from Pervasive to Actian.
If you’re Using Sage 50 2020 or Newer, as Seen Below:
- The very first, open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R keys together from your keyboard
- Next, type the SERVICES.MSC and then hit the “Ok” button
- For Quantum users only, do a right-click on the Sage 50 SmartPosting 20xx and then select the “Stop” option
- Perform a right-click on the Actian PSQL Workgroup Engine and select “Stop”
- In Sage 50 2019 or older, you have to right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine instead then select the “Stop” option
- For Quantum users only, you have to right-click on the Sage 50 SmartPosting 20xx to select the “Start” option
- After that, make a right-click on the Actian PSQL Workgroup Engine and select “Start”.
Note: The Services tab in the Windows Task Manager has a simplified version of the Services menu. From the right-click menu, you can stop and start the Pervasive database service (psqlWGE) and SmartPosting (Sage 50 SmartPosting 20xx).
Method 4: Unshared and Re-share the Company (Release 2020.2 and earlier only)
If the problem occurs on the computer that shared the data and the company cannot be opened, go with method 5. Before proceeding, be sure the remote computer does not have the most recent data.
- Move to the system in which you have access the company at the last time
- Next, you have to create a backup of the company file
- Now, go to the File menu >>> Sage Drive >>> Stop Sharing and then hit “Yes”
- Again go to the File menu >>> Sage Drive and then select the option “Share Company” to re-share the company
- After that, login and then choose the button “Share Company”
- Select the “Next” tab and then select the “Finish” button
- To set up users for Sage Drive once again, you have to select the File menu >> Sage Drive >> Manage User Access.
Method 5: Create an Automatic Backup of the Company and Share it Again (Release 2020.2 and earlier only)
- You have to make a note of the company which is having problem
- Next, go to the File menu >>> Open Company >>> make a note of the directory
- After that, double-click on the icon “Automatic Backup” on your desktop
- Now, click “Browse” which is beside the Save Backup to and then set the destination as the Desktop
- If the company having users setup then you need to enter the Sage username and password
- After entering your Sage credentials, you need to click on the “Verify User Details”
- Click on the “Save” and then you have to enter a filename within the appear box and then hit “Save” button once again
- Choose the “Run Backup” option and then verify the backup is on the desktop
- Move to the system having issue out of the data path
- After that, you have to restore the backup as a new company from the desktop
- From the Sage Drive Management Center, you have to delete the company which having issue
- Now, share the company to a Sage Drive
- If required then add other users back to your company
- The company will need to be downloaded again on any remote computers; before downloading, repeat steps 1 through 3 from method 1.
Related Article: How to Restore Sage Company File Backups
After implementing all alternatives, if this error still appears on your screen, connect with the Sage customer support team via many options. You can contact them via Sage 50 support number or send all queries at this email address [email protected]. To clear all queries, you can chat with the Sage 50 chat support team (the link is accessible at the down right side of the website page). The team of Sage expertise clears your all queries as quickly as possible with full assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to stop and start the Actian/Pervasive using a command prompt in Sage 50?
Ans: ➤ Open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys from your console
➤ Next, type the cmd and then click Ok
➤ Now, type the sc stop psqlwge and the hit Enter key
➤ After that, type the sc start psqlwge and then hit “Enter” key
➤ Once done with that then close the command prompt.
Q2. What are the steps required to be taken to delete or remove a company from the Sage Drive Management Center?
Ans: First, log into the Sage Drive Management Center by visiting the link https://drive-na.sage.com/mc/. Next, you have to select the “By company” on your right-side of the screen. Scroll down and then select the company that needs to be deleted. At last, select the icon “Delete Company” in the upper left corner of your screen.
Q3. How can I locate the company directories within Sage 50?
Ans: It is quite simple, you just have to follow the below instructions:
➤ Within the open company, you have to select Maintain >> Company Information
➤ Next, locate the Directory line in the open window (note: the directory line indicate of the open company)
➤ Now, go to the File menu and then select “Open Company” (note: any companies located in the data path that will be listed)
➤Finally, click on the “Open an existing company” on the main Sage window with no companies open and this shows the history of companies that have opened, along with the location of each company in the Directory column.
Sage 50 is widely popular among the business community all over the world, thanks to its amazing to...
In addition to the regular accounting functionalities, the Sage software provides highly efficient ...
Sage 50 is used by med-size and growing industries for thriving their business and making daily tas...
It’s not hard to guess why Sage 50 is extremely popular among the business community all over the w...