Sage 50 Email MAPI Error: An error occurred in sending the message
Sage Email MAPI Error: An error occurred in sending the message occasionally when users are attempting to send any invoices via their Email. However, there are various circumstances when users may come across such errors. When users encounter MAPI error then it is suggested that they should repair the infected or corrupted document and file in a proper way. To get your issue resolved easily, just go through this blog till the end as it covers all the possible and reliable ways along with the most probable causes behind this error.
“Email MAPI error: An error occurred in sending the message. Return Code: 26” Or “Return code 2, MAPI E error”
Reasons behind Sage Email MAPI Error
There are multiple reasons behind the occurrence of the Sage Email MAPI Error that occurred while sending the message via email. Few of them listed below:
- You might have installed multiple Outlook versions
- There was a conflict between Sage 50 and Outlook if Outlook was set to “Run as an Administrator” and the Sage 50 as “User”.
It can be caused due to the multiple versions of the Microsoft Outlook installed in your PC. There are various methods to fix this error. This error comes in the category of printing and reporting/print to file/email. This error can be encountered in Sage 50. Sage 50 is an exceptional accounting software which was manufactured by the Sage Group. It was released in the year 2015. It works on the Microsoft Windows operating system. You can also contact the sage 50 customer support by calling on their toll free number .
Steps for Fix Sage 50 Email MAPI Error
The are quite a number of methods to resolve this error.
Method I: Check for the updates
- Go to the Control panel from the windows start option, then look for the windows update.
- Look for updates, the go to Microsoft Updates website to install the latest Microsoft Office Updates.
Method II: Set the default programs, if any
- Log in as an administrator in your system
- Go to Windows Start, then Programs, so that you can Set your default programs.
- From here select your desired default email from the list of the programs in the left column provided.
- Now set your program as the default..
- Click on OK.
- Set your program access and computer defaults.
- Now select the Custom option and click the down arrow on the right side of the custom option.
- You can find a Under default e-mail program, select it the select the email program accordingly.
- Now start your software program and Sage 50.
- You should verify the email address on which your are emailing that it exists in your contact list or not in the email software program.
- Now you can successfully email your invoice from Sage 50.
Method III: Setup the account in the outlook
- Now check for any default outlook account in your Microsoft Outlook. If you do not have a default account, then create one.
If the customers are not satisfied with the response they can always get connected to the accountingadvice.co. They can call on their toll free number . Sage support is always online to provide their instant support to the customers.
Method IV: Verify Add-in for Outlook is installed
- First, close your Sage 50 software as well as Outlook
- Next, begin the process of re-installation for your Sage 50 Accounting product
- When a message appears on your screen “You currently have Sage 50 installed” then you have to click Ok
- Now, pick the option called “Add/Remove Program Components “and then hit Next
- After that, you have to repeat the same steps once again but you need to re-add the checkmark “Add-in for Microsoft Outlook” to have the add on reinstalled
- At last, attempt to email the transaction from your Sage 50 software
Method V: Run your Sage 50 as an Administrator
In this method, you have to use Outlook from an application. Also, make sure that both the applications should be started in a similar user context/setting.
Method VI: Attempt sending a file through your Windows
- To start with right-clicking on your desktop and then click Create New >> Text Document
- Again perform a right-click on the new document
- Click the option Send to >> Mail Recipient
- Now, do your Windows give you any error?
- An error message stated that “Will not work while an older version of Outlook is installed.
What is accountingadvice.co?
The accountingadvice.co provides the sage customer support assistance to the users who face challenges while working on the Sage 50. They are present 24*7 for providing their support to the Sage users. The customers can call on their toll free number and get instant support.
Q1. What do you understand with Email MAPI Error in Sage 50?
Ans: Email MAPI is a common error that could be faced while working on the Sage 50 Accounting software. Whenever, this error encountered then it gave an error message indicating: Return Code 26 or Return Code 2 MAPI error. This usually happens during sending an invoice through email.
Q2. What is MAPI compliant?
Ans: Messaging Application Program Interface is a Windows file structure that lets other software attach files to an email. In simple words, any email software that can accept MAPI files is said to be MAPI compliant.
Q3. How many types of MAPI compliant?
Ans: There are two types of MAPI compliancy. These are:
Microsoft uses Extended whereas other software like Outlook Express and Thunderbird use simple.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)