How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Account Out of Balance Error
When businesses grow, accounting becomes complex and difficult. Professional accounting software like Sage 50 automates the accounting process and makes things simple and less time consuming even for a novice user. However, at times, running financial reports on Sage 50 results in errors. One such error is ‘Account out of balance’. This error occurs if there’s a discrepancy in your accounts balance and needs manual intervention.
So, if you are facing “Sage 50 Account out of balance” error while working on your Sage 50 accounting software and need help, here are some simple steps that you can carry out to troubleshoot the issue manually.
Step to fix Sage 50 Account Out of Balance Error
- Go to the File Maintenance Problems Report window and click the Warning tab.
- Check the error message that appears on screen and make a note of the amounts:
- Sales Aged Balance disagrees with Debtors Control by (amount)
- Purchase Aged Balance disagrees with Creditors Control by (amount)
- Now close the File maintenance window.
- Next go to Help and click About.
- From the Data Information section, note the number of splits.
- Now click on File and then click on Maintenance and Check data.
- Click Recovery tools and then follow the on-screen instructions to back up your data.
- Click Reindex and Compress All and hit OK.
- Click Recalculate Transaction History and press OK and Close.
- Click Yes when prompted to check the data again.
If the error still persists, you would have to restore to a backup that was taken before the error occurred. For this,
- Go to the File menu and select Backup and follow on screen instructions to create data backup.
- Now again open the File menu and select Restore.
- Click Browse to locate and select the backup file you want to restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore the file and click OK to complete the process.
- Click Yes when prompted to overwrite your current data.
If a backup file does not exist, you need to get in touch with expert technicians at Accountingadvice.co by dialing 1844-871-6289 for quick resolution to the problem. Experts at Accountingadvice.co can help you easily fix ‘Account out of balance’ error to streamline the performance of your Sage 50 accounting software.
Accountingadvice.co is one of the leading remote tech support providers for Sage accounting software. With a proficient team of technicians who have years of experience in resolving all kinds of Sage related issues, we are best in business. Our experts can give you quick and timely resolution for all your technical problems to keep your business up and running. We are available 24X7, 365 days a year and provide first call resolution for all tech issues. So, whether you want to install Sage 50 on your computer or are encountering error messages while using it, we can help you fix all your issues in the lowest wait time possible. Call us on our toll free number 1844-871-6289 today and experience the best tech support session for your Sage 50 accounting software.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)