How to Fix Sage 50 2015 Upgrade Issues
Now that Sage 50, 2016 is here, time to bid adieu to the old Sage 50, 2015. With change in fashion, people change their taste, so it is a must that we change from Sage 50 version 2015 to Sage 50 version 2016 as the former one has retired and might malfunction. It is not a smooth process though it sounds like any other software upgradation. Despite the error that Sage 50 2015 could not be upgraded to the latest version, the Sage problem can be fixed. Let us have a look at the most appropriate way of fixing it.
How to fix it?
As already stated, it is not as easy as it sounds. It involves patience and time. Once you have them in your busy schedule, you are good to go.
First of all the task to do is reboot the system and run the update only once the system has restarted and showing the window to run the update. Now you need to run the system as an administrator.
- You need to select Don’t Restart
- Find the folder that has the update and then select Run as administrator or Run as
- Check in the Task Manger to see if either of PeachtreePrefetcher.exe, PeachtreeBusinesslogic.exe or peachw.exe is running in processes
- If it is, then click on Process and end the task
After this, you need to check if the STATUS.DAT file has a date which is older than one year or has an invalid date of future. After figuring this out, follow the steps-
- Rename the file to OLD
- In case PLT is present, repeat renaming the file to STATUS.OLD
- Now look for the Attachment section where you can download the zip file
- Now select the file by double clicking on it and then select Extract All. Extract should be done to the data path
Now reboot in selective startup. Then download a new copy of the Service Release which can be done following the steps below.
- Go to DATA path and double click on the Updates folder
- Right click on the Latest Service Release which is apt for the version you have and then select to Delete
- Time to download a New copy of the update
- Once downloaded, double click to start the new file
- Check that the installation is complete and run the file
These steps should solve the issue of upgrading to the latest version. If it still doesn’t work out for you, you might want to check the PeachWLog.XML file for cause of failure.
- For checking this, you need to go to the C: windows and then open PeachWLog.XML file with Notepad
- Select on Edit, Find
- Search for Fail
- Once it is found, make sure to make a note of the cause of the failure along with the directory of the file or folder
- Browse to the directory C:\Sage\Peachtree\Company\
- Then rename the file dat
- If the file renamed is listed, the replacement can be downloaded and if not you need to Delete all Program path files only
- After this run the Sage 50 Program
Now you need to check if the DATAPATH is the same as the LOCALDATAPATH which is on the server. Repair the program and create a new path using Database Repair Utility.
Extract service release executable file and then run setup.exe. Now as always, uninstall the old version of Sage 50 and download the new one which has the latest SR applied. It must be kept in mind that while uninstalling the old one, everything needs to be erased from the system. After this install the new Sage 50 and ensure that antivirus is disabled.
You will have successfully upgraded to the latest version.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)