How to Set Up a Bonus Account in Sage 50
If you want to record bonuses provided to employees along with regular income, then you can set up a bonus account in Sage 50. Firstly, you need to create an income category for bonuses, which can be done by simply renaming an existing category. Then you can link bonuses to an existing or a new account.
Steps for Setup Bonus Account in Sage 50
You can use an income category to record bonuses. Here’s how you can do this:
1. Click on Setup from the main menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. From the Payroll menu, click on Names.
4. Select Income & Deductions.
5. Right click on an available income. Rename it to Bonus.
Next, you need to verify that the new category is created and saved. Here’s how you can do so:
1. Go to Setup and click on Settings.
2. Under Payroll, click on Income.
3. Any bonus recorded will appear here. Click on Income.
4. Apply the appropriate taxes on the recorded bonuses.
A new income category must be associated with a new or previous linked account. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
1. Go to Setup. Click on Settings.
2. Under Payroll, select Linked Accounts.
3. Select Incomes.
4. Create a new account or select a previous one to record the Bonus Income.
5. Click on Ok.
After successfully setting up a bonus account in Sage 50, you need to configure employees to record bonuses separately from the income. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
1. Go to the home screen. Under Payroll, click on Employees.
2. Click on the Income tab.
3. Mark the checkbox against Bonus. Enter the bonus amount.
Note: You can enter the bonus amount while creating a PayCheque.
Payroll is the aggregate of all the amount paid to employees working at a firm. The payroll data is recorded on the basis of particular financial periods. Since both federal and state governments require accurate records of payroll, it is in your best interests to properly record all the bonus payments to your employees.
In Sage 50, you can record the bonuses paid to all your employees, whether they be skilled or unskilled. You can also state the wages in hourly, weekly, or monthly rates.
To know more, you can get in touch with our Sage 50 support experts at (Toll Free.)
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)