How to Fix Sage Act Error Resolution of the Dependency Failed?
Sage Act! is the most advanced and best selling customer and contact manager that allows businesses to keep notes, contacts, account histories, and other activities at one centralized location. The software allows business leaders to send emails, market their products and services, and drive sales results on the go.
But sometimes while attempting to launch Sage Act! you may face one of the following error messages –
- Resolution of the dependency failed or
- Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Cause of Sage Error Resolution of the Dependency Failed:
- Damaged Act! installation file
- Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework installation
- Missing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 registry key
- Damaged Act! program preferences
- Program shortcut failed to update after upgrading to Act! v16 or later
- Windows User Account Control settings stopped Act! from opening
- A third-party add-on caused a conflict
- Windows font, Tahoma, is missing or damaged.
Steps to Fix Sage Act Error Resolution of the Dependency Failed:
To fix the error manually, you need to carefully look at each of the reasons that may have caused the issue and take appropriate steps to fix them. Here’s what you need to do.
Damaged Act! installation file:
This occurs if Act! fails to install properly or installation becomes damaged. To resolve:
- Open your Windows Control Panel and select Add/Remove Programs.
- Search and select your Act! application
- Click on Change/Remove or Uninstall button.
- In the InstallShield Wizard message box, click on Remove to start the process.
- Now the Act! Setup – Remove the program dialog box will appear.
- Click on Remove and then click Next.
- The Confirm Uninstall dialog box will appear.
- Click OK to start the uninstall process.
- Once the software has been successfully removed, Act! Setup – Uninstall Complete dialog box will appear.
- Click on Finish to complete the process and close the wizard.
- Again reinstall Act! and attempt to open Act! to check if it working properly.
Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework Installation:
This happens if your Microsoft .NET Framework installation has become damaged. To fix the issue, you need to repair or uninstall and reinstall .NET Framework. However, this is technical and require expert help. You can either get in touch with Microsoft or call us on our Sage tech support number for expert help.
Missing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Registry key:
To fix this issue, you need to download the .NET registry key. For this,
- Close Act!
- Click on Windows Start button.
- In the Search field, type ‘regedit’ and click OK.
- Now locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Presentation FoundationIf the registry key is not present, you need to add it. For this,
- Create a backup for windows registry before editing it.
- Now download file 25865.reg.
- Double click on 25865.reg and click Yes when asked for confirmation.
- Launch Act!.
However, it is always advised not to mess with your computer’s registry until you are a computer expert. If you need help while downloading the .NET registry key on your computer, call us toll free at .
Damaged Act! Program Preferences:
To fix this issue, you need to manually rebuild the Act! preference files. For this,
- Close ACT!.
- To Click on Windows Startbutton and click Run.
- In the dialog box, type ‘actdiag’.
- Now click on Databases and then click on Database List.
- In the Databasesview, click on the Tools menu and then click Delete Preferences.
- Click Yes in the dialog box to continue.
- Now close the ACT! Diagnostics
- Launch ACT!.
- In the dialog box, click No.
- The ACT! Getting Started Wizard appears.
- Click Cancel and click on Open Database button.
- Click Tools and then click Preferences to check if your Word Processor, e-mail, and fax preferences are configured correctly.
- In case, there’s an issue, remove Preferences that might be causing the conflict. Also remove all Preferencesnnn.xml files that contain the word BAK.
- Open Act! and test.
Program Shortcut Failed to Update after Upgrading to Act! v16 or later:
- Right click on the Act! shortcut on your desktop.
- Click on Delete and click Yes when prompted for confirmation.
- Click on Start and go to Computer
- Browse to the following location:
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows
- Now in the ACT for Windows folder, search Act!.exe.
- Right click on Act!.exe and click Send to and then click Desktop to create shortcut.
- Attempt to launch Act! again to test.
Windows User Account Control Settings Stopped Act! from Opening:
- To resolve this problem,
- Login as Administrator.
- Right click on the Act! icon and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Now under Privilege Level, check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply and then press OK.
- Try to open Act! again and test.
A Third-Party Add-on Caused a Conflict:
- To check if there’s a conflict with a third-party add-on:
- Close Act!
- Now browse to the Act! installation location
- 32-bit Operating System: C:/Program Files/ACT/Act for Windows
- 64-bit Operating System: C:/Program Files (x86)/ACT/Act for Windows
- Rename the folder – Plugins
- Try to open Act!
- If you are able to open Act!, close it again. Now change the Plugins folder name to original. In the Plugins folder, rename individual plugin file and try opening Act!. This will help you find out the plugin that’s causing the conflict. Reinstall/uninstall the plugin to resolve the issue.
Windows font, Tahoma, is Missing or Damaged:
- You can fix this issue by replacing the missing Tahoma fonts. For this,
- Download the tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf file files and save them on the Desktop.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts directory.
- Copy both Tahoma font files from the desktop and paste them in the Fonts directory.
- Open Act! and test.
Still need help? Call our Sage 50 customer service number to get in touch with accountingadvice.co expert technician. We can help you troubleshoot all Act! errors so that you can seamlessly manage your customers to stay on top of your business.
Accountingadvice is the leading Sage 50 remote tech support provider and can be your one stop shop for all your Sage related issues. With a fleet of expert technicians on board we are best in business and strive to provide the best customer support in the minimum time possible. Our experts are adept in dealing with issues related to Sage Act! and can help you effortlessly fix them at the comfort of your home or office.
We know how valuable your time is, that’s why we work very hard to provide first call resolution to most of your technical issues. We are available 24X7, 365 days a year so that you never have to face a bad day at work. Call accountingadvice by dialing our toll free number and get in touch with our tech experts for the best tech support session ever!
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)