Migration Tool to Sage Business Cloud Accounting available
Do you need to undertake extensive traveling to meet customers and vendors? Does your business keep you out of the office and are you having a tough time keeping your books up to date? If this is so, you need a more powerful solution than your existing Sage 50 Desktop software. You need a tool that can help you manage invoices, reduce administrative tasks, get paid and make sure to keep your books up to date- irrespective of wherever you are.
- What is Sage Business Cloud (SBC) Accounting?
- What is the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool?
- How to Use the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool?
- How to Run your Year End Payroll in SBC Payroll?
- Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Yes. All you need is Sage Business Cloud Accounting – The trusted online accounting software from the Sage family. It is designed to help you keep your business updated and compliant, on the go. In this blog, we will discuss how you can migrate your data to Sage Business Cloud Accounting, using the Sage Accounting Migration tool.
Before proceeding ahead, let’s start with the very basics-
What is Sage Business Cloud (SBC) Accounting?
Sage Business Cloud Accounting, formerly known as Sage One, was created with the distinct needs of small business owners and freelancers in mind. It is inexpensive but offers a robust set of features such as invoicing, expense tracking and reporting. There are two plans available for the SBC software: one for individual users and one for teams.
Like many latest software solutions, Sage Business Cloud Accounting’s pricing is based on a monthly subscription fee This frees you from having to purchase licenses, download updates, renew annual plans, and distribute limited licenses across your company. The subscription-based model ensures Sage Business Cloud Accounting’s price is competitive with similar accounting software platforms, and you don’t have to worry about manually updating the latest version.
What is the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool?
The Sage 50cloud Accounts Client Manager v27.2, Sage has included the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool. It is designed to help you to convert Sage 50cloud Accounts data to Sage Accounting data. A validation routine is also added to make sure the data will convert seamlessly. This migration tool validates Sage 50 Accounts datasets to ensure they are imported into Sage Accounting. Once validated, you can create a file to import into Sage Accounting.
How to Use the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool?
Here we are mentioned some steps for using the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool:
Step 1: Export the Sage 50cloud Accounts Dataset
- To use the migration tool, you must be logged on as a Manager or Administrator. Then, you will need to follow the steps below-
- Open Sage 50cloud Accounts
- Click on the Company List
- Select the company you need to convert to Sage Accounting
- Click on Open Company.
- Go to the File section
- Click on Maintenance
- Click Validate.
- After the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool opens up click Next twice
To ensure a smooth migration, please enter the following
- Company Details-Provide the necessary company details, including your full postcode
- Company Contents-Additional information related to the contents of your data
- Approach– choose your relevant approach from-
- Opening Balances -Includes opening balances from the current date.
- Transaction Histories -Includes all transactions from Account Start Date to the current date.
- Account Records only -Includes customers, suppliers, chart of accounts and bank accounts but no transaction history.
- Dates- Enter the Years to migrate. It is recommended to enter two years to ensure a smooth migration. Also, check the Opening Balances Date.
- VAT Registration- If required, enter your VAT details and verify the Tax Return Frequency. Please make sure that no spaces are there while entering your VAT number
- Select Reference- Sage Accounting can include one invoice reference only. Hence, you should specify the reference you want to migrate.
- From the drop down list, select the Chart of Accounts ( CoA) you want to migrate
Next, click go
Please Note: If you have converted companies previously and have saved the settings you need to apply, click on Load previous settings to load the file.
- A confirmation window will appear. With a list of completed tasks and items to review, if required.
Click View all items to check the mappings and assignment of codes. You can also edit the mappings and if you have errors/warnings click the links to verify further and assign codes as required.
- Click on Next.
If needed to resolve conflicts, you can either do so manually or click on Auto-resolve conflicts, enter the desired changes and click on Apply.
- Click Next
- Click on the tab named Download Data File.
- Enter a file name and browse to a suitable location ( for example, desktop)
- Click Save
- Click OK.
- By performing the above steps, you can successfully export the Sage 50cloud Accounts dataset. Now you can import the file into the Sage Accountant Partner Edition.
Step 2: Import your Migration File into the Sage Accountant Partner Edition
Please follow the steps below to import your migration file from the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool into Sage Accountant Partner Edition-
- Log in to Sage Accounting Partner Edition.
- Go to the Add New Client drop-down menu
- Select Migrate a Client.
- Click on Upload JSON file
- Browse to the location where you saved the file earlier.
- Check if the client’s details are correct
- Select your registration from Accounting standard or Accounting plus
- then click on Migrate Client
- The migration process will start now
- You will be directed to the Pending tab.
- If the migration is not successful, click on the Download Error File and email to the Sage support team.
- The client will show the status of the Migrating Business. To check the progress of the process, hover the cursor over the Migrating Business status. After the validation stage is complete, you will be able to access the client sidebar.
- After the validation stage is complete and while the migration process is still in progress, navigate to the client sidebar and click on the Subscriptions tile.
- Click on Promo Code + and then enter the promo code ADMIGRATED. Next, click Redeem.
- Your data continues to import in the meantime. To update the status, you will need to refresh the browser. You can continue to use Sage Accounting for other clients, or if you wish, you can log out and the client will continue with the import process.
- After the migration process is completed, the client appears in the Active tab.
- Go to the Subscribed Services Column and click the Accounting or Accounting Plus button To access their data
- Now you can check your client’s data and settings. Once you are satisfied that everything is correct, you may invite your client to access the data.
How to Run your Year End Payroll in SBC Payroll?
- Year End Submissions
To process your Year End submissions in SBC Payroll, choose Year End . Next, go to EPS submissions and finally click on the Submit EPS button
- Back up
In your SBC Payroll, there is no need to take backups of your company data. You can simply edit completed pay runs and make your corrections.
- Complete the Year End Process
To complete the Year End process in SBC Payroll, choose Year End . Next, go to EPS submissions and finally click on the Submit EPS button.
- P60 and Archive
In SBC Payroll, you can complete your final Pay Run easily for the tax year. Click on the Year End tab, go to the Tax year to report on the drop-down and specify the relevant tax year. Finally, click on Print P60 Certificates.
Also Read : Sage Migration Tool Password Error
We hope the above discussion will provide you with enough information about Sage Business Cloud Accounting and how you can migrate your data using the Sage Accounting Migration tool. If you want to know anything more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting or the process of migration, you may speak to some experienced Sage professionals.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What Existing Data will be Converted during the Conversion to Sage Business Cloud Accounting?
The following sets of your existing data will be converted during the conversion to Sage Business Cloud Accounting–
1. Customer balances
2. Supplier Details
3. Customer Details
4. Supplier balances
5. Individual transactions as desired
6. Chart of accounts
7. Account balances
8. Stock/Inventory Items (Untracked)
What are the Important Reporting Features incorporated in Sage Business Cloud?
Over 20 financial reports, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, general ledgers, trial balances and aging reports are available in Sage Business Cloud Accounting. If you frequently need to generate the same type of report or statements, you can save it as a favorite by clicking on the star icon. These reports will then be grouped under the Favorites section.
If your business is interested in analyzing your accounting data, having quick access to different types of reports is valuable for you. Such real-time data can help you make key business decisions.
What Existing Data will not be Converted During the Conversion to Sage Business Cloud Accounting?
The following types of existing data will not be converted while migrating to SBC-
1. Custom VAT rates
2. Payroll and Employee Records
4. Time-sheets/Time Records
5. Fixed Asset Registers
6. Classes / Projects
7. Nil value invoice line items
8. Product/Sales Items
9. Invoice and other Templates
10. Sub-account structure of the chart of accounts
11. Default nominal codes, tax rates and payment terms
12. Deleted or canceled transactions
13. Open/Draft Transactions