Sage Error 3116
Sage Error 3116 is one of the most common error codes faced by Sage users. It is a runtime error that typically occurs when users are attempting to access data stored on a remote database or Loss of network connection between the workstation and server. This article covers all the information you need to know about this error, including its causes, solutions, and more. By the end of it, you should have a better understanding of what Sage Error 3116 is and how you can fix it quickly and easily. So let’s get started!
Despite being one of the best accounts software, that has been graced by businesses of all types, Sage is not free from errors. The Sage software comprises some of the most remarkable features that have been designed to allow ease of use for people with or without an accounting background. Hence, this is more like a perfect ‘go-to’ solution for most of your accounting-related issues that can ensure maximum efficiency and productivity in no time. Sage Error 3116 is one such issue that has been reported in recent times. But what is this error all about and how do we resolve it? More on this in the blog below
Causes of Sage Error 3116
The main cause of the Sage Error 3116 are:
- Loss of network connection between the workstation and server during the Sage run time.
- Time-out of the network as and when the workstation or the client has been waiting for a response from the host computer or the server.
How to Resolve Sage Error 3116
Step 1: Restart the System
- In case of a multi-user environment one needs to shut down all the other systems before starting.
- Restart Sage 50 and try the action all over again.
- In case the error persists, you need to restart the workstation or the server to check properly
Step 2: Reinstalling and Uninstalling the Actian
- In case of a multi-server arrangement, all the systems running the Sage 50 should be closed down.
- Uninstall the Actian PSQL Workgroup Engine.
- Reinstall the Actian by running the Repair option
- Reinstall the latest update, in case of any program updates that have been installed since the base release of the latest version of Sage 50.
Step 3: Prevention of Error
It has been recommended that Sage users opt for the High-Performance Power Plan as the issue coils also are caused due to the Windows Power Plan Settings.
Basic Reasons for the SAGE ERROR 3116 include:
- The Network router is unplugged
- Rebooted server
- Hibernation mode in the Network Interface Cards
- Junk data sent by the NIC
- A damaged Network cable
- VPNs in use
- Interference of the other networks
- Intermittent or weak Wifi Signal
Step 4: Repair of the Damages caused by the Error
In case the SAGE ERROR 3116 has not been rectified by the solutions from above, we need to proceed to the next step. The error continues generally because there can be a case of a damaged file as and when the file was being used by the program during the time of the loss of connection. In this case, you will need to:
- Rename the file and Run a Repair on the Sage at the particular server, when in case of a reference of the error in a file in the data path.
- In case of the error references in a file within the company data directory check which file can be deleted to resolve the issue.
- Locate the directory of your data by locating the company directories.
- Incase the file reference cannot be deleted but the user can open the company you will need to Re-index the files.
- After the process of reindexing is completed one needs to follow the Integrity guide.
- Restore a good backup if in case you are not able to reindex or delete the file referenced in the error.
- Restore a good backup if in case you are unable to open the company and the file referenced is located within the company data folder.
Need Experts Help-: Sage 50 File System Error 3110
So, there you have it, people, these are a few methods to tackle the SAGE ERROR 3116. One needs to breeze through each of these solutions in a step-wise manner so as to ensure that the solutions are applicable accordingly. However, if you continue to encounter the same issue time and again it is recommended that you get in touch with our team of experts and we will be able to help you out in no time.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
How to Fix Errors in Sage?
In order to fix the errors in Sage you will need to:
🔹 Click on Run Repair to initiate the automatic repair of the data
🔹 In case the user is opting for the Remote Data Access in Sage 50 Cloud Accounts v27, one needs to go to the main site to run the repairs.
🔹 Click on OK and OK again in order to back up the data. In case the repairs are done, you will get a Success Window.
How to keep a check on Errors in Sage?
To do so you will need to:
🔹 Click on File
🔹 Click on maintenence
🔹 Click on check data
How to Locate Accounting Errors?
In order to be able to locate the Accounting error one can:
🔹 Maintain an Audit Trial: as this is an easy way to be able to track the transactions and locate the errors.
🔹 Rechecking your work
🔹 Maintaining consistency of the process
🔹 Maintaining a routine Reconciliation
Importing and exporting data is a useful feature incorporated in sage 50. You can save a lot of tim...
In this blog post, we’ll discuss one such vulnerability that has affected a number of users – Sage ...
Sage 50 Error Code 1608 is also known as the “Installation Error. It is a lot similar to that of Sa...
Sage 50 accounting is a business solution software which was previously known as Peachtree Accounti...