Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
Sage continues to amuse users and is one of the most sought-after finance and Accounting software out there. The platform has emerged to be quite handy in being used for better management and bookkeeping for small and mid-sized businesses. However, much like every other software, this one too has its share of glitches and errors to deal with. The Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 is one such error code that one often encounters. So, what is this error about? What causes it to be and how can we resolve it? Let us take a look into this in detail:
Sage Printer not Activated Error Code 20: The Reasons
One of the most striking features of Sage is that it allows users to generate the invoice and submit them. However, there are times when we face difficulties while generating and printing these invoices. This is when you will encounter this error code, when trying to generate the PDF file and are unable to do so. Here are the main reasons, for the occurrence of the error code:
- The User Accounts Control-UAC settings have been turned on. This creates a conflict when trying to print the invoice.
- The email program is incompatible and can lead to the occurrence of this issue.
- A Windows profile that is damaged or destroyed can also lead to printing errors.
- In case the Microsoft update installation has failed, this can lead to the occurrence of the error.
- A damaged email writer leads to problems when creating the PDF.
- Damage to the customized forms can also lead to the user being unable to print the invoice.
- The printer devices being incompatible or having corrupted drivers can also lead to the inability to print.
Read More-: Sage Printer not Activated Error Code 41
Let us now proceed to how to best resolve the issue by applying some easy solutions:
Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20: The Solutions
Most times one has to keep in mind that to rid yourself of these errors you need to implement the troubleshooting methods according to the causes diagnosed. To start with you need to ensure that you run the Sage Software with the Admin rights. After that you need to fix the wrong Amyuni Document Converter, to repair the customized forms, remove the email writer and repair the Sage software.
There are chances that the Windows system is the one creating problems to start with, by creating the conflicts between the programs. Also one needs to update the Windows computers to the latest version and repair the Windows registry to eliminate the chances of this error occurring. Let us take a look at the details of each of these solutions:
Solution 1: To Run Sage 50 Software as an Admin
One has to bear in mind that you cannot perform any action in Sage 50 Software if you do not run the software as an Admin. This is the main reason that the software is not able to create the PDF as the User Account Control-UAC is blocked by the Sage email writer. For this, you need to run the Sage software as an Admin, by following the below steps:
- Ensure that no windows or tabs are open in the Computer
- Locate the Sage 50 software icon on the desktop
- Right-click on the icon and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
Once you implement these steps the Sage 50 will run with Admin rights. This allows you to generate invoices and send them without confronting any errors with the Sage printer or email writer.
Solution 2: Correction of the Wrong Amyuni Document Converter
There are chances that the incorrect Amyuni Document converter can also lead to the occurrence of an error related to the printer. After you select the Amyuni Document Converter 550 Driver tool you will be able to print the invoice.
To proceed further you need to go to the Control Panel. Go to the Driver and Printer section and right-click on the Sage 50 e-mail writer. Select the Printer properties, go to the Advance tab, and click on the Amyuni Document Converter 550 Driver tool:
- Select the ‘Sage 50’ software if it is running on your system
- Click open the ‘Control Panel’
- Next, click on ‘Device and Printers
- Now, right-click on the ‘Sage 50 e-mail writer’ option
- Select the ‘Printer Properties’ option
- Next, you need to switch to the ‘Advanced’ option
- Click select on ‘Amyuni Document Converter 550” driver tool”
- Finally, click on the OK option
- Once the above steps have been done, you need to launch the Sage 50 software and check if it is easily printable. If the error still prevails, you need to go to the next solution.
Solution 3: Fix Setting for Customized Forms
As mentioned earlier, damaged customized forms can also lead to the occurrence of an error, where you are unable to print the invoice. For this follow the below steps:
- Utilize the “Standard Form” or “Standard Report” to email or print the balance sheet.
- Set the ‘Sage Email Writer’ as the default printer option
- Next, you need to shut down the ‘Sage ‘ software
- Next, click on the ‘Start’ menu of the Windows
- In this step, you need to click on ‘Devices and Printers’ option
- Finally, you need to be sure that the Sage email writer software has not been set as a default writer.
Following the above steps will resolve the error, and when you do so, be sure to not proceed with printing, do so by selecting the Sage Email Writer or Printer
Solution 4: To Delete the Email Writer and Run Repair on Sage
When facing a problem with the Email Writer, it is advised that you remove it from the Device and Printers Section located in the Control Panel. Additionally, you can also run repairs on the Sage software in order to avoid any conflicts. Follow the below steps:
Start by ensuring that the Sage software is not running in your system
- Next, click the ‘Windows + R’ keys to launch the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
- Next type ‘Control panel’ and press on the ‘OK’ button.
- This will launch the ‘Control Panel’ window,
- Next, click on the ‘Device and Printers’ option
- Next, right-click on ‘Sage 50 e-mail Writer v3’
- Once done, select the ‘Remove Device option’. Also, you can remove the other Sage email writer or Peachtree email writer.
- Next, select any printer and click on “Print server properties”
- Once, do you move to the ‘Drivers option’
- Next, click select Amyuni Document Converter 550” and click on the “Remove” option
- Next, click on “Remove driver and the whole driver package”.
- Click on the OK button
- Next return to the “Print Server Properties” page
- Now, move to ‘Drivers’ option
- Click on “Amyuni Document Converter 500 or 300” if available.
- Now, select “Remove driver and driver package”.
- Click on the OK button
- At this level, you need to run the repair for Sage software.
- Click on the “Windows + R” keys together on your keyboard. This will open the “Run” dialogue box.
- At this step you need to type ‘Control Panel’ and press on the OK option.
- Once the Control Panel has been launched, click on Devices and Printers” option
- Next, right-click on “Sage 50 E-mail Writer v3”
- Click select on “Printer properties”
- Click on the ‘Ports’ option
- Select on ‘Add port’ option
- Next, click on ‘Local Port’
- Now select the ‘New Port’ option
- At this step, you need to type in “PDF1” as your port name
- Next, you need to click on the OK option
- Now switch to the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Click on the “Enable advanced printing features” option
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option
- Next, click on Print directly to the printer” option
- Finally, click on ‘Apply’.
Once you have performed the above steps you need to close the Window and reboot the Windows computer. This will have repaired your problem related to the error.
Usually, the Printer related errors occur due to the incorrect settings of the Sage 50 software. For this, you must fix the UAC settings, complete the Microsoft update installation, and repair Email Writer, printer drivers, and customized forms to easily resolve the printing errors. Bear in mind that Sage errors can occur in various forms, in case you continue to have problems with the error you can get in touch with our team at +1800-964-3096 or drop a mail at [email protected] or join our exciting LIVE session at www.accountingadvice.co
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
What is meant by the Printer Activation Error Code 20?
This error essentially implies the fact that a wrong printer is set as the default printer. Also, the other reasons can be the Printer driver is missing, or there are conflicts within the Device Manager.
What is the Code for Sage Printer not activated?
If the users receive an error code -30 (Printer not activated) after installing, check the registry key and make sure the Everyone group has full control: Check HKEY_LocalMachine\System\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\Software\TS PDF Generator.13-Nov-2013
How to Activate the Printer on Sage?
Go to the Start menu, point to Settings, and click Printers. Now Double-click the Add Printers icon. Follow the instructions in the Add Printer Wizard. Note: check out your operating system’s documentation for more information regarding installing printers.