Quick Step for Upgrade Sage 2017 to Sage 2018
Many growing (small and medium-size) organizations use Sage for their daily accounting and finance tasks. It is a wonderful accounting software that makes daily tasks quicker and easier. Also, this software can be understood & used by people irrespective of the fact whether they are from core finance or accounting background or not.
Every year Sage comes up with a new update to resolve the previous errors and give users a hassle-free experience. It is important to update any software on time to enhance its features. To know more about upgradation of Sage 2017 to 2018, contact the proficient Accounting Advice team on the toll free number sage 50 technical support phone number 1800-961-4623.
Let us discuss few aspects of Sage 2017 upgradation to 2018.
Advantages of the Upgrade
It gives a brand-new and better version with fundamental new features:
- Correct errors in a better way
Speedy editing of journals, credits and payments from a wrong invoice can be unallocated and users who have edited transactions can be tracked- these features help in maintaining accounts correctly and up-to-date.
- Organizing & surfacing info
There is no need to source data from various parts of the software or create workarounds to analyze data. Addition of new columns & fields leads to well organized analysis of data and reduced workload.
- Keep a tab on aged debtors and creditors
Get a complete view of who owes you money & who you have to pay money to. Keep a control over money flow without moving in and out of different screens. The upgraded version gives a more streamlined view and one can get a complete insight at the click of a button.
- Efficient dialogue boxes
Find the info you need quite quickly and with the upgraded version you don’t need to remember what needs to be done. Overall work becomes efficient.
- User interface uniformity
The option of customizing according to what you need is there. Furthermore, that setting will be remembered even when you log out. Thus, this will save time as you won’t have to re-set your display every time.
With the Sage Drive, you can access information from anywhere and sharing everything real-time becomes possible. Sage drive links data to cloud which makes it possible.
- Bank Feeds (powered by Yodlee)
With bank feeds, one can match payments & receipts smoothly and you can discard personal transactions. Also, lesser data entry means lesser time consumed. Reconciliation of accounts and bank balance becomes easier and free of mistakes.
- Invoice Payments Enables Fast Payment
With the addition of Pay Now buttons onto your invoices, users can now instantly make payment securely and in a fuss-free way. Card payments over the phone from directly within Sage 50 Accounts can also be accepted.
What to Check Before Upgradation?
- Configure so that your software can install automatic updates.
Take a full data backup from the system
- It is important to get assured that it meets the recommended system requirements for the upgradation.
- You have to log in to the computer as an administrator as only an administrator will get access to install an update correctly.
- Check the locations of all important Sage programs and data directories.
Minimum System Requirements for Sage 2018
- For single as well as multiple users, 2.0 GHz processor is necessary.
- 2 GB of RAM for single users as well as multiple users.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 along with the new updates from Microsoft installed.
- 1 GB of disk space is required for installation.
- Internet Explorer 9.0, 10.0, and 11.0 supported (version 11.0 and higher with Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payment Solutions and other Connected Services integration)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2; needs an additional 280 MB to 850 MB (.NET 4.6 with Sage Payments Solutions integration)
- At least high-color (16 bit) SVGA video; with a minimum resolution of 1280×800 and preferred resolution of 1440×900 or higher. Also, small fonts/DPI setting is required
- Internet access mandatory for all online features/services.
Integration or Compatibility Requirements
- Excel, Outlook, and Word integration requires Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 (32-bit)
- Office 365 Integration – Requires Office 365 Business Premium
- Printers supported by Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- In-product demos require Adobe Flash Player 11 or greater (version 18 or higher strongly recommended)
- Adobe Reader 11.0 required
- Sage 50 Premium Accounting and higher versions support multi-user environments.
- Multiuser mode is optimized for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 client-server networks; Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 peer-to-peer networks.
- Sage 50 Premium Accounting allows a maximum of 5 licensed named users and Sage 50 Quantum Accounting supports 40 named users. A named user account is given a license when chosen in the user maintenance screen.
- Disk space of 2 GB for installation of components on server.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016 along with Remote Desktop Connection or Remote Desktop Web Connection client is needed to run in a Windows Terminal Services environment. There should not be more than 5 named users for Sage 50 Premium Accounting or 40 named users for Sage 50 Quantum Accounting.
- Additional memory is required for terminal server when more than one user is running under Windows Terminal Services.
Also, apart from the above requirements, customer registration and acceptance of License Agreement for Sage 50 Accounting software products is a must. Advisable system configuration is 2.4 GHz processor (Intel Core i3 and higher) for single user and multiple users; 2 GB of RAM for a single user and 4 GB for multiple users.
In case of detailed discussion about how to upgrade from Sage 2017 to 2018, you can contact Accounting Advice. You will be effulgent by the quick answers of the adept team.
What is Accounting Advice?
The Accounting Advice is a technical team of knowledgeable experts who can guide you with any aspect of Sage. The team can also give tips on how to properly upgrade the Sage version. These experts are available round-the clock on the toll free number 1800-961-4623. Call now to know more.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)