How to Install and Setup the Data Transfer Utility in Sage 50
As the name suggests, the Data Transfer Utility allows you to quickly and easily download and merge completed slips and transactional data from the Sage 50 Timeslips eCenter account to your Timeslips database. Using simple parameters, the Data Transfer Utility automatically transfers the data, while allowing you to monitor and regulate the process. It also help you to synchronize names between the eCenter and the database, so as to keep all the clients, tasks, expenses, and references up to date. In short, by automating the process, the Data Transfer Utility reduces your effort of manually transferring slips from eCenter to your Timeslips database, so that you can focus on things that matter the most for your business.
Important Points to Consider
Before you proceed to Know how to Install and Setup the Data Transfer Utility in Sage 50. Also its downloading and setup process of data transfer utility, please note the following points-
- Make sure that Timeslips is installed on your computer
- The Windows UAC ( User Access Control) must be set to ‘never notify’.
How to Downloading the Sage Data Transfer Utility
Follow the below mentioned steps to download the Data Transfer Utility on your computer. However, please note that Timeslips must be installed on the computer where you want to download and execute the Utility. Also, Windows User Account Controls must be set to ‘Never notify’ for proper installation of the Data Transfer Utility.
- Visit www.sagetimeslipsecenter.com and search for the Download Data Transfer Utility button. It will be in the lower right corner.
- Press the Download button and run the installdtu.exe file.
- Click Next to start the setup wizard.
- Browse to the location where your Timeslips program is installed on your computer. The Wizard will locate it and save the master files by creating a subdirectory called eCenter.
- Click Next to accept the default location. Else, you can browse to a different directory and install your files there.
- Create the start menu shortcut for the correct program folder and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- Finally, click Finish to complete the process.
Read More-: How to Avoid Sage Data Migration Errors
Setting up the Sage Data Transfer Utility
- Log into the account as Administrator and click Next.
- Select the clients that you want to include in the transfer. Clients on the right will be included, while clients on the left will be excluded during the transfer process.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step.
- Now, select the tasks that you want to include in the transfer process. Tasks on the right will be included, while tasks on the left will be excluded during the transfer process.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step.
- Select expenses that you want to include in the transfer process. Expenses on the right will be included, while expenses on the left will be excluded during the transfer process.
- Click Next to proceed further.
- Check items that you want to transfer when synchronizing and uncheck items that you want to exclude from the synchronization process. Data that does not changed often can be excluded to fasten the transfer process.
- Now, click Finish to complete the setup wizard.
- For the first time, click Synchronize to synchronize and transfer all data.
- Once the synchronization and transfer process is complete, click OK to finish.
Simple, isn’t it? By following the aforementioned steps you can easily download and set up the Data Transfer Utility and make your routine synchronization task simple and easy. However, if case you need help while following the process or are facing problems or error messages while downloading the Utility, remember, expert help is just a call away. Dial our toll free number 1800 964 3096 to speak to our Sage specialists who can efficiently resolve all your issues and help you easily download the Data Transfer Utility and synchronize it with your Sage Timeslips eCenter to help you get going. Our experts will also explain you the process in an easy to understand technical language so that you never have to face any issues while using your Data Transfer Utility.
We are one of the leading independent remote Sage tech support providers for Sage Accounting software. We are backed by an ardent team of Sage support specialists who have years of experience and complete technical knowledge in resolving all kinds of problems and error messages that you might encounter while working with your Sage Accounting software. Our experts are known for providing bespoke solutions and give complete technical assistance up to the last minute to ensure the smooth functioning of your software.
Related Article: How to Fix Sage 50 Data Corruption Error
🔷Frequently Asked Questions🔷
How to Transfer Sage 50 Data Backup From One Computer to Another?
Please follow the steps sequentially-
🔷 Take a proper backup of your Sage 50 data
🔷 To do this ,log in to the company for which you want to take a back up
🔷 Now go to File
🔷 Click on Back up
🔷 Store it on an external device.
🔷 Connect the device to the new computer where you want to transfer your data to
🔷 Click Next.
🔷 Go to the location where you have stored your backup file.
🔷 Click on the Open tab
🔷 Give your file an appropriate name
🔷 Click on Save
🔷 Click Next
🔷 Tab on Finish to end the procedure.
Is it Necessary to Meet the Sage 50 system Requirements before transferring data to another computer?
Yes. The computer where you want to transfer Sage 50 data to ,must adhere tothe minimum system requirements to install the Sage 50 software.
Users often experience the Sage .Net Error while opening the Sage software. This error message appe...
When you get a receipt in Sage 50, it’s important to make sure that you correctly post it. Otherwis...
Sage is an outstanding accounting software which is playing an unexceptional role in solving small ...
Sage 50 provides a multi-user license option for multiple users to work on the company data at the ...