Sage 50 Canada Edition Installation
Planning to use accounting software to manage your finances? Look no further than Sage 50, which is an end to end accounting solution with a user friendly design. The features offered by this software can be complemented by integrating it with third party add ons and tools. In this article, you’ll find information on Sage 50 Canada Install Edition.
Sage 50 Canada System Requirements
Like any other software, your system needs to meet the minimum requirements to run the software. We recommend that you get a system with better configurations than ones required to run this software. This is because you may notice issues with the speed of software if your system doesn’t have extra resources to adjust according to the workload.
- 2.0 Ghz processor speed or above
- 4GB or more of RAM
- Windows 8.1 or above
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Microsoft .NET Framework v4.7.2
- More than 1 GB disk space for software and company file
In case you’re planning to integrate Sage 50 with other popular utilities, then you must have the following:
- Microsoft version 2007 or above
- Microsoft 365 subscription for integration with cloud
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
For any other third party application, you must go through the system requirements provided by their parent company. Also, if the addon needs to connect to a server, you’ll require a fast internet connection.
Install Sage 50 Canada Edition
To begin the installation process for Sage 50 Canada install edition, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch Sage 50.
- Click on Help
- Select Check if a new version is available.
- After a few minutes, go to Help, and select Check for Product Updates.
- Close Sage 50, and Click on Install Now.
- Click Yes to enable Sage 50 installer to make changes to your system.
- Select location for installing the software. Hit Next.
- Click on Install Sage 50.
- Select the preferred language.
- Allow Sage 50 to configure Firewall automatically.
- Select Typical. You can go for Advanced, if you want to install the software on a server. Hit Next.
- If the installer has retrieved your serial number, then it will display the information. If not, then you’ll have to enter the serial number manually. Hit Next.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Click on Launch Sage 50.
If the activation is successful, the accounting software will launch automatically. You can then import a company file or create a new company file in Sage 50. If you have a backup copy of your previous company file, you can import the data into Sage 50.
Upgrade Sage 50 Company File
If you have a company file that belongs to a previous version of Sage 50, then you must upgrade the file along with the software. Luckily, latest versions of Sage 50 can automatically upgrade a company file upon import. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch Sage 50 Canada Edition.
- Select Open the last company file you worked on.
- Hit Ok.
- If there are many other options, then click on Select an existing company. Hit Ok.
- Click on Look in, and select the location where the company file is stored.
- Select the company file which you wish to upgrade.
- Click on Next when you get the confirmation message.
- Follow on-screen instruction. Click on Finish.
However, if you installed a simple update, instead of upgrade, then you don’t need to upgrade your company file. It is always better to install the latest version of Sage 50 directly from the outdated edition. This way, all your settings, preferences, and templates are retained.
Restore Data from Sage 50 Backup
If you created a backup of the company file, then you’re in luck. Sage 50 is primed to quickly get all the data imported from a backup file, getting you started in no time at all. To restore a backup of Sage 50, follow the steps provided below:
- From File, select Restore.
- Click on Next.
- Select the backup file which you want to restore to Sage 50.
- Click on Next and wait for the data to be imported into the accounting software.
- Input necessary information like username, password, and processing data. Hit ok.
All accounting data including lists and charts of accounts will be imported into the new company file. However, you will have to go through the settings once again. All the preferences in Sage 50 are saved in files which are lost if the program is uninstalled. Therefore, users who upgrade the software can retain all their settings, but users who perform a fresh install of this accounting software need to set up the software once again.
To know more, you can get in touch with our experts at Sage 50 technical support number (Toll Free.)
Have you ever encountered the problem where your Sage is not responding? If so, you know how frustr...
Steps for Do Non-routine Transactions in Sage 50 To Issue the Check:💠 Click on the Task Menu💠 No...
Sage 50 is well appreciated all over as one of the most efficient accounting software for businesses...
In the small or medium sized businesses, the storing and accessing the accounting data is a very im...