How to Reverse an Incorrect Journal Entry on Sage
Reverse an Incorrect Journal Entry on Sage
In general, in any software, journal entries are used for making online transfers between the nominal accounts. The principle that it works on is Double-entry Bookkeeping. There must be a journal balance (Your Credit and Debits should be equal) and then post it. If it is not balanced, your posting can’t be completed. Always enter journal entries in a batch.
Procedure to Post the Journal Entry
You should always record non-regular transactions in the Journal Entry, i.e. writing a Bad Debt and Fixed Assets Depreciation. Journal Entries can also be used to transfer amount from One Account to Another Account.
Don’t violate the Double-entry Bookkeeping principle while creating any journal entry for the debit balance. You will also have a sequential credit balance. Several Credits are used to make this with overall total balances. Follow the procedure we are mentioning below.
- Click on the Journals, select the New Journal.
- Now, there is some information that it requires, you need to fill out this information.
- To attach the file, i.e. receipt copy
- You will see the attachment button, click on it to upload the file. Now, a screen will open, browse to the location of the file and double-click on it to select it.
- Now, you need to check whether your debits and credits are balanced or not. Select Save.
Posting a journal entry on the wrong date is one of the most common errors. If you have committed the same error in Sage, you must have observed it is quite difficult to delete the entry and start with the new one. However, any transaction can easily and quickly be reversed using Nominal Reversal Options.
At first, you need to make sure what journal entry you want to reverse.
You can easily take a note of it by using the Audit Trail or it is Transaction Date, Number, Reference, Department of the journal with an error that you can take a printout of. Then, follow the instruction:
- Go to the Company Module and then go to the Nominal Ledger and then select the Reversal Icon.
- It is also suggested that you take backup of the journal entries and then proceed further.
- Now, enter transaction number, posting department/reference, date in the required range in the transaction range window. This is to reverse the Journal Entry and then select OK.
- Now, click on the Journal Entry that you want to reverse in Nominal Reversal Window. Now, click on the reverse.
- Now, select the Save button and the reversal will be posted.
Your journal is now reversed and the original entry is reversed.
To get into complete detail or seek our assistance, you can connect with us via our technical support team on our Toll-Free Number +1800-961-4623 or to connect with us, you can use our Sage Live Chat Support service.
Our Team is available all the time to provide you complete assistance whether it is the information or the error that you are seeking assistance for Reverse an Incorrect Journal Entry on Sage.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)