Time Tracking for Sage 100 Payroll Guide
If you are a business looking to have your own in-house payroll operation, the Sage Payroll module is an ideal foil for you. It is acknowledged by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and gives you the capabilities to streamline the entire payroll process while being legally compliant. The Sage 50 Payroll is used extensively by managers, business owners and accountants who need to manage the payroll for more than 10 employees. Numerous features and practical capabilities have been added to this comprehensive module to make payroll processing much simpler for them.
One of the salient features of all the software from the Sage family is that they always keep themselves up-to-date with regular service updates and new versions. The Sage 100 payroll module is one such release from this accounting software. It is designed to help users to further streamline the payroll process. It can also process multistate, local, and federal taxes while tracking benefit accruals and deductions.
If you are yet to use the Sage 100 payroll module, you need to go through this blog till the end. Here, we will discuss some important features and benefits of this important addition to the Sage family.
Let’s proceed then
Features and Benefits of the Sage 100 Payroll Module
- Updated Batch Processing
- You can process multiple payroll runs at the same time
- Each batch is assigned a specific pay cycle
- In Payroll Data Entry, different users can access the same batch simultaneously
- While running Payroll tasks ( such as Payroll Tax Calculation, Check Register/Update and Check Printing), you can access only one batch at a time
- Merging/renumbering of batches or transfering records from one batch to another is not permitted
- Improved Security Features
- While accessing a department, users must now enter their login ID, instead of the user code
- If you are upgrading the department security, you must recreate the list of users for each of these departments
- You must have been granted access to all the departments if you want to access the following:
- ACA Applicable Large Employer Report
- Tax Profile Maintenance
- Periodic Time Off Accrual
- Period End Processing
- Federal and State Tax Reporting
- You must have access to all the departments if you want to print the Employer Expense Summary and the Check Register.
- Enhanced Screens
- Selection grids are made available on most report tasks
- Data entry grids are similar to the modules in 4x framework
- Calculator buttons are added to the dollar amount fields
- Calendar buttons are added to the date fields
- Hyperlinks have been added to related tasks, wherever applicable
- Pay Cycles Revamped
- In this software, you now need to enter the Check Date on the Pay Cycle window. This date is used to figure out the payroll taxes. In case you want to change this date, you must rerun the Payroll Tax Calculation.
- A Period Starting Date field is added to the Pay Cycle window. When you specify a pay cycle and enter a period starting date, the software automatically calculates the ending date. However, you can change it, if required. On the other hand, if you have entered the period ending date without having entered the starting date, the same will be automatically calculated.
- You no longer need to pay a combination of pay cycles in a particular check run. For this, the Batch function should be used.
- Easy Tax Functions
- With the helpful e-file option, in Sage 100 payroll, you can now compute and file your state and local tax forms (including W-2s, 1099s, and monthly and quarterly filings ) electronically.
- You can thus avoid late submissions and payments.
- You can modify local taxes and tax tables.
- If you want to track and plan employee benefits even more accurately, you can link this module with the Sage HRMS module.
We hope the discussion above will help you with all the information you want to know about the Sage 100 payroll module. If you want more information about this module in Sage 100, you should get in touch with some authorized Sage experts.
Accounting Professionals & Specialized Experts
Want quick help from accounting software experts? Get in touch with our team members who can install, configure and configure your software for you. Proficient in fixing technical issues, they can help you quickly get back to work whenever you encounter an error in Sage software. Our team is available 24/7 365 days to assist you. To get in touch.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
What is Sage 50 Payroll?
For any business wishing to have its own in-house payroll operation, Sage 50 Payroll is an ideal aid. Sage 50 Payroll, which is acknowledged by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), gives you the capabilities to manage the whole payroll process while being legally compliant. Office managers, bookkeepers, business owners, and accountants who need to manage the payroll for more than 10 employees will find Sage 50 Payroll to be the perfect answer.
What is the Sage 50 Payroll Entitlement Feature?
Payroll entitlement is set up in Sage 50 to figure out and keep track of the entitlements owed to the employees. The entitlement tab will be seen on all the paychecks. There are no banked hours created by this tab’s accounting entry.The banked hours must be manually paid on the Income tab. Depending on the percentage of hours completed, you may bank the days. You may also manually insert the eligible days. Sage 50 Premium Accounting or higher versions have access to this feature. Make sure to switch to single-user mode before creating a payroll entitlement.
What is the Procedure to Setup the Payroll Module in Sage 50?
Here are the steps to follow-
🔹 Open Sage 50
🔹 Select Setup
🔹 Go to the Settings section
🔹 Go to Payroll
🔹 Click Linked Accounts.
🔹 Now, check whether there exists an account for all the fields, in every subsection (Incomes, Taxes, Deductions, etc)
🔹 Click OK
🔹 Choose Setup
🔹 Click on Settings
🔹 Go to Payroll
🔹 Next, go to Incomes
🔹 Check whether each income is set up correctly for taxes.
🔹 If you need to calculate the vacations accurately, select a liability account in the Vac. Owed section
🔹 Now go to Deductions and check if the deductions used are set up properly.
🔹 Select Taxes
🔹 Enter the precise percentage rates for all types of additional taxes.
🔹 Select OK to finish
Do you get the error on your screen Not Enough Memory to Continue while using Sage 50? One of th...
Sage becomes one of the most demanding accounting software and Sage fixed assets offers advanced fea...
The Sage accounting software makes automatic changes in its Fiscal Year End Dashboard after t...
For technical issues and immediate assistance in Sage CRM, call us toll free or Live Chat with our ...